First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it really is a sad state of affairs that we have to accept these "new normals."

I can tell you this, if another lockdown is instituted, waiting for our Mavericks will be the least of our concerns. People really have no clue how bad things will get. And it won't just be waiting for our new vehicles to receive their chip, it will instead be shortages of the necessities of life.
Yes indeed our supply chain really cannot take another lock down, we are barely holding on now. We discovered just how delicate our food and medicine supplies really are.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hoping for the best possible news for my hybrid brothers for next week!!!

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Ford has some explaining to do. They ramp up the PR/Marketing blitz about a truck under $20,000 (Not true) and that it comes standard with a hybrid motor (Not making it til further notice) What does that mean?

They may need to go into prevention mode sometime soon. They are really pushing the goodwill of the customer on this one. I guess they aren't worried until cancellations of orders or another manufacturer comes to market.

Glad I made the choice to wait and see.
I bailed on the order on Tuesday. The dealer couldn't tell me why I my truck didn't get scheduled again after being kicked out of the production queue. I figured since GM shutdown, the other car markers will follow. There isn't some secret stash of chips just for Maverick trucks, it's going to be a long wait. My dealer said their 2021 Bronco orders aren't going to be delivered to Fall 2022 or longer. As for me it was a good price to begin with but having to switch from Hybrid to Ecoboost to get my truck "possibly" rescheduled was a no go. Good Luck to everyone waiting but I'll take your stance as well and wait and see what happens.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bailed on the order on Tuesday. The dealer couldn't tell me why I my truck didn't get scheduled again after being kicked out of the production queue. I figured since GM shutdown, the other car markers will follow. There isn't some secret stash of chips just for Maverick trucks, it's going to be a long wait. My dealer said their 2021 Bronco orders aren't going to be delivered to Fall 2022 or longer. As for me it was a good price to begin with but having to switch from Hybrid to Ecoboost to get my truck "possibly" rescheduled was a no go. Good Luck to everyone waiting but I'll take your stance as well and wait and see what happens.
These dealers don't know, that is only a question FORD can answer and they aren't really talking publicly about what is going on with overall production. I do not think all production is going to come to a screeching halt, but no doubt the Hybrid requires more chips. Nonetheless, we'll leave the light on for you, take your shoes off and come on back if you ever want to try again. :)

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do want the hybrid, that was one of the attractions of the Maverick for me. I'm in it for the long haul.
Sounds like we have the making of a new club...Hybrid Long Haul! :( :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess I'm confused. What is a 22MY? What is the tow package 53Q? The hybrid Lariat I ordered is only supposed to have a hitch receiver (2000 lbs.), not the "tow package for 4000 lbs.". The order code I have is 0816...priority code 19.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess I'm confused. What is a 22MY? What is the tow package 53Q? The hybrid Lariat I ordered is only supposed to have a hitch receiver (2000 lbs.), not the "tow package for 4000 lbs.". The order code I have is 0816...priority code 19.
22MY is 2022 Model Year. I think 53Q is just their internal code referring to the max tow package (4k pounds).

Caffeinated

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caffeinator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked to my dealer today. He was cool. Basically confirmed what everyone here is talking about regarding the delay in hybrid production. One interesting piece of info tho... he said that Ford was expecting a 60/40 split between hybrid and eco boost orders. Turns out it's been 90/10 🤯

I asked him for his best estimate as to when the hybrids would get back into the production schedule. "About a month or so," he said. I hope he's right.

Still sticking with my hybrid for now :coffee::cool:

Sponsored

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They’ve been using this basic hybrid drivetrain for years already and it has proven reliable.
"That base truck includes a hybrid-electric drivetrain comprising a 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle gas four-cylinder backed by Ford’s first in-house designed and manufactured electric motor."

Actually, I said nothing about the drivetrain, which is of course different than the powertrain. Ford has in fact moved on from the older outsourced version.
I was referring to articles about the difficulties of production and supply of EV batteries and a few articles questioning reliability. My point is, it is probably predictable that Ford would have problems with production of the hybrid.
Reliability becomes moot if one can't buy one.

Fatboy1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Saturn Sky
From today's Ford scheduling bulletin / notes sent from Ford to dealers:

241359134_1537117889971399_413786240883167045_n.jpg

Full scheduling notes from today (from where this Hybrid Maverick notice is from):

1631044064809.png
It’s true….I work at a Ford dealership, and our Sales Rep confirmed…NO HYBRIDS BEING BUILT RIGHT NOW…supplies

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim Bartz, the YouTube guy and Internet Sales Manager from Long McArthur Ford, said in his video last night that he believes that this only applies to this week as it is a cleanup week at Hermosilla. He said this is a notice to Dealers and not retail customers. He did qualify his statement by saying “we will see next week”. He also said that 2700 units would be built in November and 4500 units in December. That’s 7200 out of 20-30K confirmed orders. It’s going to be after the New Year for most of us.

Last edited:

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is
Yes indeed our supply chain really cannot take another lock down, we are barely holding on now. We discovered just how delicate our food and medicine supplies really are.
Late stage capitalism is here!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s true….I work at a Ford dealership, and our Sales Rep confirmed…NO HYBRIDS BEING BUILT RIGHT NOW…supplies
I'd wager it's the in house motor...
Sponsored