First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I chatted with Ford today and I have a VIN and a build date (8/29). I REALLY did not expect this, I have been assuming for weeks (months?) that I was getting bumped to a 2023, because I was pretty late to finally submit my order and I have not budged on what I wanted. Also, I understand scheduling happens on Tuesdays so I assume my VIN got assigned last Tuesday (7/26) or earlier - this is the first I've ever asked Ford directly. As others have shared, I still have not received an email from Ford regarding my VIN or build date.

Sorry in advance if anyone with an earlier order /similar build is not scheduled yet - I agree that system should be revamped. But I'm still excited about mine =) I can only guess that maybe I am benefitting from the dealer allocation system - small dealer in Michigan and as an October order, I was only the third Maverick ordered from that dealer (I asked when I placed the order).

I confirmed my VIN on the Ford Order Tracking site and this (trimmed) detail is from that site confirming my order detail.

Ordered On 10/18/2021

Accessories
  • Power Moonroof
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • Floor Liners, All-Weather Tray Style, Set (incl. Carpeted Floor Mats)
Packages
  • 500A
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™
  • Lariat Luxury Package
Exterior
  • 225/60R18 A/S BSW Tires
  • LARIAT
  • Alto Blue Tinted Clearcoat Metallic
  • 18" Black Painted Wheels
Model Information
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine

I see in another thread that @Michael Booth also reports getting scheduled, and sounds like a similar build ("Got my vin# last week. Late Aug. Build date. Lariat/ Lux package/Hybrid/360/spray in bedliner/. Ordered Oct. 12.")

@fordvideoguy and Johnny's car care & reviews (I assume he follows this forum, don't know his handle?) may want to track on these October Hybrid Lariat Lux with SIBL for comments on their respective videos - and thanks to both those guys for all the info they share!
Sponsored

LJB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza & Yaris
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, this is off topic, but does anyone know what the GCWR is for an XLT 2.0L 4K package?

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I chatted with Ford today and I have a VIN and a build date (8/29). I REALLY did not expect this, I have been assuming for weeks (months?) that I was getting bumped to a 2023, because I was pretty late to finally submit my order and I have not budged on what I wanted. Also, I understand scheduling happens on Tuesdays so I assume my VIN got assigned last Tuesday (7/26) or earlier - this is the first I've ever asked Ford directly. As others have shared, I still have not received an email from Ford regarding my VIN or build date.

Sorry in advance if anyone with an earlier order /similar build is not scheduled yet - I agree that system should be revamped. But I'm still excited about mine =) I can only guess that maybe I am benefitting from the dealer allocation system - small dealer in Michigan and as an October order, I was only the third Maverick ordered from that dealer (I asked when I placed the order).

I confirmed my VIN on the Ford Order Tracking site and this (trimmed) detail is from that site confirming my order detail.

Ordered On 10/18/2021

Accessories
  • Power Moonroof
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
Packages
  • 500A
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™
  • Lariat Luxury Package
Exterior
  • LARIAT
Model Information
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine

I see in another thread that @Michael Booth also reports getting scheduled, and sounds like a similar build ("Got my vin# last week. Late Aug. Build date. Lariat/ Lux package/Hybrid/360/spray in bedliner/. Ordered Oct. 12.")

@fordvideoguy and Johnny's car care & reviews (I assume he follows this forum, don't know his handle?) may want to track on these October Hybrid Lariat Lux with SIBL for comments on their respective videos - and thanks to both those guys for all the info they share!
Congrats and kudos on not budging!

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Does that mean my build date of 8/8 and ETA 8/21/26 has been cancelled? I confirmed it last week with Ford CS.
I was told mine goes into production 8/8 so I’m curious when mine will be built?

Michael Booth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told mine goes into production 8/8 so I’m curious when mine will be built?
Congrats and kudos on not budging!
Yes I didn’t budge Ether. Glad I didn’t have to reorder. I also have not heard from Ford. Dealer got me the Vin #. They are surprised I didn’t get anything.

Sponsored

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ordered On 10/18/2021

Accessories
  • Power Moonroof
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
Packages
  • 500A
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™
  • Lariat Luxury Package
Exterior
  • LARIAT
Model Information
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine

Well, I ordered October 9th Hybrid Lariat with Luxury Package with Floor Liners and Splash Guards. No other options. Haven't heard a thing, except crickets. I have confirmed Ford accepted my order and my dealer has advised me my order has moved from Priority Code 19 to 10. So I assume that means Ford is at least looking at putting my order in for production in the somewhat near future??? Interesting my similar order was placed before yours and you get into production before me. I'm happy for ya. Envious even.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We now have scheduling into September and 22MYs being built until November 18. Don't know if this qualifies as an awesome development or another trip to Suckstown.
I thought Tim said that buildout for MY22 was 11/7 and no further hybrids (or luxury packages) will be scheduled?

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought Tim said that buildout for MY22 was 11/7 and no further hybrids (or luxury packages) will be scheduled?
What he said (and I played that section 3-4 times to make sure) was that after this week’s scheduling which represents the end of September no more hybrids or luxury packages will be scheduled. All the October/November production will be Eco-boosts with no luxury packages on them.

If you have a hybrid order or an Eco-boost with luxury package and you don’t have a VIN/build date by this Friday you are not getting your 2022.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I confirm. Dealers with allocations left for what is considered the last week of July can technically schedule hybrids. All of the August scheduling will be for Ecos with no bed covers, splash guards or lux packages. August scheduling will go to the balance out date of 11-7 with an anticipated MY23 Job #1 date of 11-14.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What he said (and I played that section 3-4 times to make sure) was that after this week’s scheduling which represents the end of September no more hybrids or luxury packages will be scheduled. All the October/November production will be Eco-boosts with no luxury packages on them.

If you have a hybrid order or an Eco-boost with luxury package and you don’t have a VIN/build date by this Friday you are not getting your 2022.
Good call. I's like to ask the right person what would happen if a person wanted to change engines and have a chance at a non lux/bed cover/splash guard ordered MY22.

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good call. I's like to ask the right person what would happen if a person wanted to change engines and have a chance at a non lux/bed cover/splash guard ordered MY22.
Not sure if you can do a engine change. I've seen conflicting information on that subject.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas” 😉

Last edited:

npipe07

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When are people's thoughts on the best time to check with Ford CS? To be fair, I don't think this week is going to be a pleasant conversation because I am being pessimistic on getting scheduled...

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When are people's thoughts on the best time to check with Ford CS? To be fair, I don't think this week is going to be a pleasant conversation because I am being pessimistic on getting scheduled...
I've been trying late on the day on Friday or on Saturday with the idea being all the scheduling for the week would have happened by then.

If you do that and have a hybrid or luxury package on your order you'll know the story this week. If you are a non-luxury Eco-boost order you still have another month to get your 2022 scheduled.
Sponsored