First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a fan of the faceted plastic panels as well as the exposed screws in the interior. I give Ford props for making the effort to create a visually interesting, functional interior.

I've heard people compare the interior panels to corian countertop material or the the inside of a portapotty. It seems like most of the time that comment is made, it's in reference to the XLT. I think the darker interior colors of the XL and Lariat give less of that vibe. I happen to think the dashboard of the XL is the nicest looking of the three. I'm not looking to pick a fight, there's no need to defend your XLT interior, I'm just expressing an opinion.

By the way, I've owned a lot of vehicles in my day, both pricey and not so pricey. I don't find the Maverick interior plastic scratches any more easily than other vehicles of recent vintage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a fan of the faceted plastic panels as well as the exposed screws in the interior. I give Ford props for making the effort to create a visually interesting, functional interior.

I've heard people compare the interior panels to corian countertop material or the the inside of a portapotty. It seems like most of the time that comment is made, it's in reference to the XLT. I think the darker interior colors of the XL and Lariat give less of that vibe. I happen to think the dashboard of the XL is the nicest looking of the three. I'm not looking to pick a fight, there's no need to defend your XLT interior, I'm just expressing an opinion.

By the way, I've owned a lot of vehicles in my day, both pricey and not so pricey. I don't find the Maverick interior plastic scratches any more easily than other vehicles of recent vintage.
I'll add that the Maverick is really under the microscope at this time given how its really invigorated all of us, so there's a good chance that the kind of scratching a buyer would never take notice of, is instead perceived as a big deal.

My view in the 800+ miles and 2 weeks I've had mine is that the quality of the plastics is really good, but the lack of soft surfaces has really helped keep the production costs for these panels down low... which of course was the goal.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like and really appreciate vehicles with personality, and I think the Maverick has lots of it.

I find it really cool that they had the courage to include the faceted dashboard element... it's a very quirky and unusual thing to do. Do you love it, or hate it?

Faceted Panel.jpg
Love! The unique interrior was one of the draws for me. I cant afford luxury lol id rather the company lean into value and just give me something unique than pretend there’s quality materials everywhere. If it cant be nice, let it be fun.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
News to any that may want to apply something to this plastic to change its appearance…….almost nothing will stick to it. Standard vinyl wrap just slides/lifts off. I’ve got some permanent (from work) adhesive backed vinyl on it now just to see what happens. It usually sticks like grim death to anything, but even it felt much less than ideal initially.

The hand towel dispenser in the bathroom here at work has that very same look to parts of it. I’m reminded daily.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like it! I've watched a review via Consumer Reports where they kept laughing and talking about the porta potty interior. I don't get that feeling whatsoever and while it's certainly not premium it was within my expectations. Very easy to clean and maintain. Consumer Reports can kiss my grits!
Those guys have zero credibility anyway.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My lady friend doesn't really like the interior of the Maverick.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah I've heard the speckled plastic bits described to resemble both a quartz countertop and a porta-potty. Pick an extreme I guess. Sign of the times. I can't weigh in because I don't own one yet. I have a build date though!
Porta-potty. Thanks for putting that in my mind. I plan on owning that truck for a long time ya know. Sigh.

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then it might be time to find a new lady friend!:p
Nah, she is a good cook. Overall she likes it, the butt warmers in the seat makes her happy.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I may concider painting it a contrasting color, or match to the exterior color. I do auto body and paint as a side line , so if the pieces are easily removed to be sprayed, I may just do that. I will live with it for awhile as is to see if its livable as is to me. I just need to get the truck first to see if its livable as is.

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading here and elsewhere about the hard plastic interior and how it was made that way to keep costs down, I shrugged it off as "you get what you pay for". When the truck finally arrived after 8 months, I expected to be totally underwhelmed. Once I sat in it, the apprehension evaporated and after 1.5 months and 1600 miles, it doesn't look or feel "cheap" to me at all. It's very well thought out and "user friendly". I haven't found the plastic to be easily scratched (yet). I even got an orange case for my phone to match the trays :D

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I saw that plastic part on the dash the first thing it reminded me of was of the plastic dinnerware they used in the 60's. Melmac I think it was called.