First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean it's apples and oranges...a Telluride doesn't compare to, I dunno, a Corvette either lol
PLEASE, let's keep the Corvettes out of this :D
Sponsored

RGoose85

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
I have I family of 5 and a doggo that comes along for maverick rides and we all love it. I have done the big suv in the past and for me it was a soulless ride and didnt like the huge vehicle feel when it was just me. Whatever you choose enjoy yourself.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To each their own. That why theres menus at restaurants. I will be going from a FWD 2008 chevy HHR daily driver/commuter 10 miles each way to and from work to an AWD maverick XLT. For me this is an upgrade, plus I currently use my HHR to haul stuff like 2x4s and long boxes since the passenger front seat also folds flat.

I woulda went hybrid, but my job requires me to be there no matter the weather. The AWD is a concession to that. I live in west Texas, and we get freak snowstorms almost every winter, and snow removal equipment out here is sucky to non existant. I need a 4 door vehicle with an extended open air trunk. I just hope it gets here before winter time this year.

I have a full size chevy pickup with 8' bed and a V8 for any really big shit I need to tow, or carry. My brother and sister in law have a Telluride. I rode in it. I was pretty impressed with it actually. Fit and finish, the roominess etc.

I didnt think it would be like that considering my only contact with a kia was the sephia my buddy had. He kept a screwdriver in the glovebox. Every once in awhile he would screw the dash screws back in that he would find lying on the floor after they would rattle loose and fall out. Hyundais used to be that way in the 1980s, and toyotas no doubt in the late 1960s.

My brother said it's not a real ground breaking vehicle from a technology standpoint. Everything in it tech wise is pretty standard stuff you would find on other luxury vehicles today. But it's right on point pricewise for what you do get. It's not my cup o tea, but then again, it works for them. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tellurides are fantastic! We don’t have one but would love to replace my wife’s grand caravan with one. We will probably go with a used 2016 or newer Kia Sorento. I currently have a 2008 Sorento and it has been great! My Mav will be for trucky stuff and my wife’s vehicle is the one we take on family trips.

OP
OP
jcsan18

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Funny how a lot of people come in here just to make fun because I’m “comparing” 2 cars that are so different, like I ever said I was comparing the two.

I posted what I felt so you guys would understand how I felt when I drove the Telluride.

I researched the hell out of the Mav, but I’m coming to the realization that needing a pickup wasn’t as true as I thought it would be.

I guess it’s my turn to receive my share of senseless flaming for no reason. 🫥😵💫
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.