Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I'd imagine I would be able to achieve 23-25 MPG on my typical Combined drive cycle with the 2.0EB AWD configuration. I'd probably be around 27-28 MPG Highway or around 21 MPG strictly City. I realize that 'official' EPA estimates aren't out yet, but that's using my brain to come to an educated conclusion based off other Ford's with similarly styled and optioned powertrain. If i were to achieve better in any of those categories, that would just be extra at that
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that's Ford's way of saying it without actually saying it.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd love to drive to Tuktoyuktuk and the Arctic ocean with the Maverick and a light trailer. You'd fill the bed with four spare tires and six of these as last chance for gas isn't kidding up there:

:
Ford Maverick ~26.6 MPG for 2.0L Maverick Lariat FX4! 1626875582334

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If that holds it's not much worse than my CR-V, which has great fuel economy when there's just the driver but really bogs down when loaded.

Sponsored

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just averaged 17 mpg on a 600 mile road trip in my Outback that has a 2.5 w/CVT this would be a massive improvement for me as well!
Sounds like you may have an issue. I average 22 mpg towing a Teardrop with our 2.5 Outback. No teardrop is much higher for road trips.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

kevingcp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury w/FX4 Package
26 average would be a 4mpg boost from my 2010 Rav4. I wonder if this is with the towing/awd packages a swell.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
26 average would be a 4mpg boost from my 2010 Rav4. I wonder if this is with the towing/awd packages a swell.
It is an FX4 (so AWD) and I believe this was the same truck with the trailer brake pictures so should be tow package as well.

Sponsored

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
Don't forget the premium fuel recommendation for the 2.0 which should provide optimal mpg figures. That said, you also need to do the math for a premium vs regular fuel, total outlay over a year to determine your cost to drive.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Sounds like you may have an issue. I average 22 mpg towing a Teardrop with our 2.5 Outback. No teardrop is much higher for road trips.
I have 1.5" lift, 2 inch taller tires and a roof rack (in town average was 22 mpg/open road 26mpg before mods). The trip was also mainly from ~1k elevation to 8k elevation which is murder on fuel economy anyways.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I just averaged 17 mpg on a 600 mile road trip in my Outback that has a 2.5 w/CVT this would be a massive improvement for me as well!
I would have this checked out. My Wife's 2017 3,6R O/B got 24-26 mpg in suburb driving and her new 2022 2.5 O/B is ticking 29-30mpg on the roads.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget the premium fuel recommendation for the 2.0 which should provide optimal mpg figures. That said, you also need to do the math for a premium vs regular fuel, total outlay over a year to determine your cost to drive.
The premium for regular prices at Costco/Sam's club make the membership worth it! Typically here in MN at least, premium at the membership clubs runs right in line with regular prices at most stations. May not be the case everywhere though.
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC