Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After 9 weeks of waiting for my XO rack and even longer for my tent, I wrapped up prepping the truck for summer this morning. Kids are already asking how soon we can skip town

Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3871
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3872
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3873
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3874
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3876
Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking proper!! Excellent setup šŸ‘Œ

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After 9 weeks of waiting for my XO rack and even longer for my tent, I wrapped up prepping the truck for summer this morning. Kids are already asking how soon we can skip town

IMG_3871.jpeg
IMG_3872.jpeg
IMG_3873.jpeg
IMG_3874.jpeg
IMG_3876.jpeg
Looks great ,looks like you have a lift on the truck as well . I have the xtrusion rack and a FSR clamshell . About how far out past the side of the truck do the traction boards stick out ? Thinking boards on one side and a pelican case on the other .Thanks

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great ,looks like you have a lift on the truck as well . I have the xtrusion rack and a FSR clamshell . About how far out past the side of the truck do the traction boards stick out ? Thinking boards on one side and a pelican case on the other .Thanks
Yep I have the 1.5ā€ HRG Off-road kit. Boards arenā€™t bad, hasnt changed how much room I have between cars in the garage. They donā€™t go out past the fender line. Hard to get the angle right in pics for perspective. Iā€™m using a mount kit from Amazon on them

Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3884

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep I have the 1.5ā€ HRG Off-road kit. Boards arenā€™t bad, hasnt changed how much room I have between cars in the garage. They donā€™t go out past the fender line. Hard to get the angle right in pics for perspective. Iā€™m using a mount kit from Amazon on them

IMG_3884.jpeg
Thanks for taking the time , That's not bad at all . Have a great time with the kids . Thanks

Sponsored

Malyk

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xl AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

oh man thats a sweet rig! I've been eying that rack for a rtt but not sure if I can justify the cost just yet. if i can get out and use the tent often enough might order one. Are you happy with the fit and finish on everything?

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

oh man thats a sweet rig! I've been eying that rack for a rtt but not sure if I can justify the cost just yet. if i can get out and use the tent often enough might order one. Are you happy with the fit and finish on everything?
XO rack quality is outstanding and was worth the wait for something this modular. There were a couple small blemishes here and there but it's just going to get more using it offroad so I don't really care. The XO rack also had the best load capacity out of anything I found.

I did a ton of RTT research before landing on the 23Zero. This is actually their brand new 2.0 version with a revised fabric and additional windows. They have a great reputation for quality and durability. Between space for my family, size compatibility with the truck and quality this was the best option for me. Now I just need to unplug and put it to use!

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. I was eyeballing the Yakima HD and crossbars for an eventual tent someday. I like your setup better.

MaverickMando

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rig is looking really good man! šŸ‘šŸ»

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very nice setup! I hope to do something similar with my Hybrid XLT when it comes in. Still looking at which RTT I want to set up. I do plan on setting up a winch in the garage so I can lift off the rack and RTT when I don't need it for efficiency's sake.

Do you use a tonneau cover with the XTR-1? I ordered a BAK X4S, those have been known to work with the XTR-1s with the wide brackets, which is what I got.

Also 9 week lead time for the XTR-1? Ouch. I guess I won't have it in time for a Fourth of July camping trip.

Sponsored

BAScott62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm shocked, no one's made the "I don't get it, I just pitch my tent on the ground" posts yet.

Looks great!

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very nice setup! I hope to do something similar with my Hybrid XLT when it comes in. Still looking at which RTT I want to set up. I do plan on setting up a winch in the garage so I can lift off the rack and RTT when I don't need it for efficiency's sake.

Do you use a tonneau cover with the XTR-1? I ordered a BAK X4S, those have been known to work with the XTR-1s with the wide brackets, which is what I got.

Also 9 week lead time for the XTR-1? Ouch. I guess I won't have it in time for a Fourth of July camping trip.
Iā€™ll be putting a Harker 10ā€™ hoist in my garage to lift tent on/off. Mileage hasnā€™t take much of a hit yet so I may just leave it on the whole season as opposed to taking it off between trips. We will see, I need to drive more miles with it on. Rack is below cab height so Iā€™ll just leave it on bc it had no effect on mileage prior to the RTT going on.

I have a Sentry CT tonneau, which is similar to the X4S. Have the Wide Wing XO brackets and notched the tonneau rails. Added some 1/4ā€ foam weather stripping and it went back on pretty easily. Need to adjust the alignment a little more but itā€™s on and functional.

yeah the XO owner wrote a detailed post in their FB group about the delays. The rack is worth the wait and theyā€™re working to speed up. Service along the way was great and Iā€™d purchase it again

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great! I really love those stripes, kinda want em in orange and yellow for my HPR Tremor. We used to have a tent on our Bronco of that style, it was only 48" though. You are gonna appreciate the wide model you got. Also if you have dogs or a wife that has to pee the annex on the ground for those types of tents is extremely useful to have even if it takes another few minutes to setup.

Overall looking like a fun setup.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great! I really love those stripes, kinda want em in orange and yellow for my HPR Tremor. We used to have a tent on our Bronco of that style, it was only 48" though. You are gonna appreciate the wide model you got. Also if you have dogs or a wife that has to pee the annex on the ground for those types of tents is extremely useful to have even if it takes another few minutes to setup.

Overall looking like a fun setup.
Annex has been in my closet for months for all the reasons you cite šŸ˜‚

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Annex has been in my closet for months for all the reasons you cite šŸ˜‚
Nice. We found those foam puzzle piece floor mat sets can make a real comfy floor in the annex.
Sponsored