Sponsored
OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
You are doing life the right way! I’ve got Colorado on my list of places to visit. Always wanted to catch a concert at Red Rocks, and visit Left Hand Brewery, as well as many other numerous places out there. This truck is opening so many doors to people outside of just being a mode of transportation. You are using it for that and then some. I’d love to see a photo journal of your setup within the beautiful vistas you visit. Posts like these are going to open the door to people like me who are just learning what possibilities are out there. Sure, towing a camper or pop up would be nice, but your setup allows visits and accommodations to places you couldn’t go with those. Enjoy your set-up, and keep us updated on your adventures!
This state never stops taking my breath away! It's an endless playground. You gotta make a trip out here you won't regret it. I have been considering making a Instagram for travel pictures. Don't necessarily want my personal account public but would be fun to share things about the truck and tent. You gave me a bit more of a push to do so thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Nice! You will have a lot of fun with this.

Is it possible to have a rig like this but with a hard trifold tonneau cover?
Thank you I'm looking forward to it! Unfortunately not trifold only retrax cover and you need an adapter that makes it less secure.

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Ok.

We visited Tallahassee when my son was a HS junior. It was 17 degrees the next morning.
Toooo cold for this Central FL family.

Gainesville it is.

🤣
Not going to lie Tally had some uncomfortable humid cold days. I would take a Colorado dry 20 over a Florida humid 50 ANYDAY!

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Not trying to diss your set up. Looks very professional. But what is the reason for wanting to camp on top of your truck instead of finding a ground spot with a normal tent?
Copied from previous response to similar question

wanted to upgrade my camp experience and didn't want a tow trailer so after about 6 months of researching landed with this setup. Plus the quick setup and take down makes it more likely I'll do at least 1 night a weekend camping if not both nights. As another poster mentioned they are great for boondocking. I haven't stayed in a reserved spot in 8+ years only do dispersed off the beaten path. While this takes me to some beautiful places not always great spots for tents. I also have a job that takes me all over Denver and often have 1 to 3 hours to kill between visits that I would just spend in my car documenting and making calls. Now I get to go to parks and since its so quick to pitch spend that time enjoying a nice view in my tent working, as I type this I'm sitting in my tent enjoying a mountain view before my next visit. I also do a decent amount of camping festivals which this tent will be amazing to have. At the end of the day it's all personal preference. For the first time in my life I'm making big girl money, recently got a promotion, and sold my car for a great price so I wanted to treat myself.

tpoirier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not getting the point here...

How much does a nice 2 or 4 person tent cost these days? Are people afraid to sleep ground or something?
I've been doing my camping on the ground for over 30 years now, and recently upgraded to the hammock tents but the RTT offers a little more comfort and the better ones offer more protection from the elements. Plus they're quicker to set up. I know I'll enjoy driving up to one of my weekend fishing adventures with a RTT I fold out in a few minutes and watching my buddies jaws drop.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
I've been doing my camping on the ground for over 30 years now, and recently upgraded to the hammock tents but the RTT offers a little more comfort and the better ones offer more protection from the elements. Plus they're quicker to set up. I know I'll enjoy driving up to one of my weekend fishing adventures with a RTT I fold out in a few minutes and watching my buddies jaws drop.
The ease of use and quality of the higher end ones is worth every penny! With just 4 times doing it got it down to less than 45 seconds before its up. Plus can store my bedding in it so once pitched can crawl right on in. Seeing my friends reactions to it has been pretty fun too! Jaws all on the floor.

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
https://www.coreequipment.com/collections/tents

i got one of the pop up Cores Takes a couple min max
This was actually one of the tents I looked into before deciding on RTT. Its a good looking tent and glad its working well for you. It's all about escaping into nature and leaving a place better than you found it. As long as you do those two things that's all that matters.

Glacius48

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Shop owner I got RTT/Rack from yesterday just sent some photos he took of her during test ride and had to share them. Absolutely obsessed with my setup. Altitude Industries in Wheat Ridge CO is the best shop for all camping needs!

IMG_20220418_203006_655.jpg

IMG_20220418_203006_641.jpg

IMG_20220418_203006_612.jpg

20220418_174153.jpg
Will this setup fit in a standard 7 foot garage? How much clearance do you have?
Sponsored