First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 LT Z71, 2017 Hyundai Elantra GT
Engine
Undecided
There are exceptions to Costco's return policy, particularly with electronics. Be sure to confirm before making any decision.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Fairly certain its online only but free shipping, and just checked the sale on the portable fridges ends 25th and the Ecoflow solar/power stuff ends on the 24th. I could be wrong, but pretty sure you don't have to have a Costco membership to buy the online stuff, and those I don't think have the 5% non-members surcharge. Sometimes stuff on sale does, but those look like the same price whether I'm logged in or not.
Even better news thank you! I never knew you could shop online without a membership just assumed you would need one so never looked into it.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great set-up, congrat's!

I wonder what your MPG hit will be with that.....does appear to be up in the turbulent air. How much does the rack & tent weigh? It looks pretty stout.

I have a Featherlite RTT on my F150 with a short rack, so closed height is even with the cab roof.

Ford Maverick QuickPitch RTT/ Leitner Rack on Maverick XLT AWD 4K FX4 MVC-018S.JPG

Ford Maverick QuickPitch RTT/ Leitner Rack on Maverick XLT AWD 4K FX4 MVC-006S.JPG

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought it was a satellite dish when I first saw it, and wanted one 😄, now that I know what it is I still do. It's Awesome.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As stated above, MPG hit? before and after installation? thanks! looks great!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Great set-up, congrat's!

I wonder what your MPG hit will be with that.....does appear to be up in the turbulent air. How much does the rack & tent weigh? It looks pretty stout.

I have a Featherlite RTT on my F150 with a short rack, so closed height is even with the cab roof.

MVC-018S.JPG

MVC-006S.JPG
Thank you! Love your setup as well. As far as mpg can't answer all to well just yet as only put around 50 miles with tent and 150 miles total so its still calibrating. From what I've seen dropped from 24 to 23 mpg. I'll post an update in a few weeks once I have a better idea of mpg after more use.

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Thank you! Love your setup as well. As far as mpg can't answer all to well just yet as only put around 50 miles with tent and 150 miles total so its still calibrating. From what I've seen dropped from 24 to 23 mpg. I'll post an update in a few weeks once I have a better idea of mpg after more use.
Oh and the weight is 80 for rack 180 for tent

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
As stated above, MPG hit? before and after installation? thanks! looks great!
As far as mpg can't answer all to well just yet as only put around 50 miles with tent and 150 miles total so its still calibrating. From what I've seen dropped from 24 to 23 mpg. I'll post an update in a few weeks once I have a better idea of mpg after more use.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh and the weight is 80 for rack 180 for tent
Really not too bad considering the hard shell system. My whole set-up weighs in at a whopping 140 lbs.! (aluminum rack & light 3 season tent)

Do you plan to leave yours on full time?

I use a Harkin hoist in my garage to R&R and store mine when not in use. Easy one man job in 15-20 minutes.

tpoirier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! It was a pretty penny. For the tent and rack including install labor it was 6,000. I like to tell myself that it was only 2000 though because after selling my car I had 4000 left from it that went into the setup.
What rack system is that, I don't recognize it...

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I'm not getting the point here...

How much does a nice 2 or 4 person tent cost these days? Are people afraid to sleep ground or something?

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

How much does a nice 2 or 4 person tent cost these days? Are people afraid to sleep ground or something?
Just a cool twist to traditional tent camping. Air flow is much better up high like that, plus never any worries about rain & wet ground, or creepy-crawlies getting into your tent. Lighter-duty versions like mine can be had for about $800, so yeah, more than a quality ground tent of similar size, but worth the $$ for the advantages, for what we do (lot's of boondoggling if rough places, where you wouldn't really want to be on the ground...)

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Really not too bad considering the hard shell system. My whole set-up weighs in at a whopping 140 lbs.! (aluminum rack & light 3 season tent)

Do you plan to leave yours on full time?

I use a Harkin hoist in my garage to R&R and store mine when not in use. Easy one man job in 15-20 minutes.
As far as hardshell rtt and high profile racks go it really isn't bad. I do plan to leave it on wouldn't have a place to store it nor the strength to remove it. A cool feature about this tent though is it can also double as a gear pod. So will likely use it for snowboarding gear in winter and may even spend a few warmer winter nights sleeping in ski lots with it!

OP
OP

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape

I have done my fair share of regular ground tent camping, nothing wrong with it. Many happy memories tent camping. I wanted to upgrade my camp experience though and didn't want a tow trailer so after about 6 months of researching landed with this setup. Plus the quick setup and take down makes it more likely I'll do at least 1 night a weekend camping if not both nights. As another poster mentioned they are great for boondocking. I haven't stayed in a reserved spot in 8+ years only do dispersed off the beaten path. While this takes me to some beautiful places not always great spots for tents. I also have a job that takes me all over Denver and often have 1 to 3 hours to kill between visits that I would just spend in my car documenting and making calls. Now I get to go to parks and since its so quick to pitch spend that time enjoying a nice view in my tent working, as I type this I'm sitting in my tent enjoying a mountain view before my next visit. I also do a decent amount of camping festivals which this tent will be amazing to have. At the end of the day it's all personal preference. For the first time in my life I'm making big girl money, recently got a promotion, and sold my car for a great price so I wanted to treat myself.
Sponsored