First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome looking setup!! What size bed did you go with for the walkabout? Also, do you have a link to the side boards off Amazon? What brand recovery boards are those? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Awesome looking setup!! What size bed did you go with for the walkabout? Also, do you have a link to the side boards off Amazon? What brand recovery boards are those? Thanks
Thanks! The tent is the Walkabout 62 2.0. I wanted something where I could fit all 4 of us if we needed to and that was about as big as I could go without clearance issues in my garage or a serious overhang off the back of the truck. I also have the annex for it and a twin air cot for in there. Plan is for me to sleep in annex with the dogs, wife and kids live the high life šŸ˜‚

Traction Boards:Rhino Boards

Mount kit:Mount Pins

Ztnichol

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! The tent is the Walkabout 62 2.0. I wanted something where I could fit all 4 of us if we needed to and that was about as big as I could go without clearance issues in my garage or a serious overhang off the back of the truck. I also have the annex for it and a twin air cot for in there. Plan is for me to sleep in annex with the dogs, wife and kids live the high life šŸ˜‚

Traction Boards:Rhino Boards

Mount kit:Mount Pins
Ha thanks! No kids here but the dog, fiancĆ© and I barely make a Queen work at home nightly. Hard to imagine a queen/king sized bed setup on a bed rack. Iā€™d love to build a setup like this, but at the moment I canā€™t even convince the old lady to spend $500 on a replacement ground tent. She says we donā€™t go camping enough yearly to justify. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø somethingā€™s you want quality over quantity. Iā€™ll continue to fight the good fight. Iā€™ll just continue to build my dream setup, one day. But until then a boy can dream.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First quick overnighter was awesome. Setup was everything weā€™d hoped for!

Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3923
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3920
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3925
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_3924

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Setup continues to impress. Weekend with 23Zero company in Spanish Fork River, UT was awesome. Great site, fun trail drive through Strawberry Reservoir and the Mav performed like a champ.

Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed FBADC3B6-2420-4858-BAAC-9C1F90C2573A

Sponsored

itzJack

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beautiful setup man, it took me 9 weeks to get my xtr1 bed racks as well and i had missing parts on top of that.. but i finally finished it and mounted my rooftop tent on as well. Have you taken your car out anywhere else?

lil_blue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray FX4 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What height did you order your ktr1?

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Beautiful setup man, it took me 9 weeks to get my xtr1 bed racks as well and i had missing parts on top of that.. but i finally finished it and mounted my rooftop tent on as well. Have you taken your car out anywhere else?
Weā€™ve been to a bunch of national forest land back home in Idaho, BLM land in ID & OR and Spanish Fork was fun a couple weeks ago. Nice thing is itā€™s easy for us to get out for quick trips pretty much any weekend we want and have lots of options within 45-60 min drive.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

GreenKali

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier waiting for my Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XO rack quality is outstanding and was worth the wait for something this modular. There were a couple small blemishes here and there but it's just going to get more using it offroad so I don't really care. The XO rack also had the best load capacity out of anything I found.

I did a ton of RTT research before landing on the 23Zero. This is actually their brand new 2.0 version with a revised fabric and additional windows. They have a great reputation for quality and durability.
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Rack + 23Zero RTT installed IMG_5992
B
When you say that you notched the tonneau rail, did you take this entire section

Sponsored

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep I have the 1.5ā€ HRG Off-road kit. Boards arenā€™t bad, hasnt changed how much room I have between cars in the garage. They donā€™t go out past the fender line. Hard to get the angle right in pics for perspective. Iā€™m using a mount kit from Amazon on them

IMG_3884.jpeg
Nice Rack! Tent, wheels, graphics, Whole SETUP! Thanks for sharing

I like how the rack basically matches width of bed rails. Most I see cantilever out several inches wider than the Bed.
Question1: Are those Wing brackets 'Standard width' or 'Wide width'?
Question2: What is width between them (to see if any tonneau would still fit)
Question3: What made you decide on the 14" height? I see 10 and 15 are standard heights, but offer any custom height for $30 more.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice Rack! Tent, wheels, graphics, Whole SETUP! Thanks for sharing

I like how the rack basically matches width of bed rails. Most I see cantilever out several inches wider than the Bed.
Question1: Are those Wing brackets 'Standard width' or 'Wide width'?
Question2: What is width between them (to see if any tonneau would still fit)
Question3: What made you decide on the 14" height? I see 10 and 15 are standard heights, but offer any custom height for $30 more.
Thanks, that's kind of you to say!

1. They are the "Wide Wing" brackets. XO generally recommends those for any type of tonneau compatibility

2. If I recall, it's about 53.25" between the inside edges of the brackets side to side

3. At the time, XO was recommending 14" as the minimum to clear tonneau covers. I wanted the rack to be high enough to roll my cover all the way up, but also still sit below the roofline to maximize MPG. I also had a clearance restriction parking in my garage with the RTT mounted and 14" was the max height I could go and still get into my garage.
Sponsored