XLT vs. Lariat Debate

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As I'm endlessly waiting for my maverick to come in. I'm debating on upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat. I keep going back and forth on it. I'm curious to what everyone's reason were for choosing their trim level. Also has anyone gotten the XLT or Lariat and wish they didn't.
Look at what each trim offers, and decide what you want. After spending 25K or so, don't try to save 3K by not getting some thing you will miss later on. I live in Florida, but went with the Lariat trim, with lux package, because I wanted push button start, larger screen on dashboard, better radio with sirus xm, power seat, and safety items. (don't need all the heated things) I will get some of the upgrade costs back when I sell or trade in the truck. With the low starting price of a hybrid, you will be around 30K with everything I mentioned.
Sponsored

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why isn't their an Iguana on the hood ? :)
Because around here we have gotten really good at sniping those d*mn things with pellet rifles - legal too. They eat and kill all of our flowering plants and killed my Hong Kong Orchid tree. Entire community works to keep them out of our neighborhood. We need a freeze this winter to take out the little ones.

South Florida 1st world problems ;)

Last edited:

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lariat because of the LANE CENTERING! This is different from lane ‘aids/warnings’ on XLT or XL CP360. On Ford systems, it’s only operable with ACC engaged. It gives the convenience of semi-autonomous driving…a great safety feature. It steers you in your lane (if you’re in a lane where there are lines in the road to read the lane borders).

Hyundai has lane centering as a basic safety feature on several lower trims of their entry level Elantra sedan.
As long as one realizes that the ACC and Lane Centering are Lux features.

tnkelley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 S10 -22 MAVERICK LARIAT, LUX, 360 - 09 SMART
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As I'm endlessly waiting for my maverick to come in. I'm debating on upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat. I keep going back and forth on it. I'm curious to what everyone's reason were for choosing their trim level. Also has anyone gotten the XLT or Lariat and wish they didn't.
I WAS VERY FORTUNATE TO FIND A LARIAT, LUX, 360 FROM A DEALERSHIP WHERE THE CUSTOMER PASSED AWAY A WEEK BEFORE THE TRUCK ARRIVED. I HAD A XLT, 4X4, TOW, 360 ORDERED. ALTHOUGH IT WAS ABOUT 3K MORE, I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT THE LARIAT AFTER SEEING IT WITH IT'S ADDITIONAL FEATURES. I LOVE MY LARAIT, BUT IT WAS BITTERSWEET HOW I GOT IT!

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly from someone who commutes less than 5 miles the hybrid is going to be the ticket if you want efficiency. My temporary(6 months or so) commute is about 3.1 miles with about 5-6 lights/stops signs and a chance of train. I average just under 20mpg in my AWD Fx4 on 245s. It not bad relatively but the hybrid would be upper 30s in that type of commute I'd imagine.
For that commute, you could fairly easily get over 50mpg.

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

XLT/Lux/CP360. I just couldn't justify going over 30G for an entry level vehicle and this trim level has more than I need. The sound system is weak, but most of my listening is talk radio.
You are like me. This is how I will option my truck whenever the hell order banks open. This will be a basic work truck, I can't justify spending more than $30K for a sub-compact P/U. It will take care of the basics but will be comfortable enough to take on weekend getaways. I have all of the Lariat features and then some on my SUV.

Last edited:

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For that commute, you could fairly easily get over 50mpg.
Fairly possible, I'm just accounting for heat at this time, its well into the 100s where im at so it takes a toll on mpg.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Yes it does - look at Interior Features on the site - exactly what it says

https://www.ford.com/trucks/maveric...iat-image-6a84c559e81e7587da037ae0b331e133-ai
Wouldn’t be the first time marketing messed up. In order to be vinyl it would have to be (C2H3Cl)n, if that compound changes it is no longer vinyl.

Ford has made the following statements

ActiveX™ Synthetic Leather Seating Material
(Official Patent Description)

ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material designed to fit your active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather while maintaining a premium look and feel over time. ActiveX does not include any animal-based material.

ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material. As mentioned earlier, it looks like leather, but it’s made from a different material.
ActiveX is stain resistant, easier to clean, and surprisingly, more durable than leather. You can get it in dune, black and other colors. It doesn’t contain animal-based materials and is very comfortable to sit on.

Review from car sites.
It feels like leather and even looks like leather, but it’s not.

I could add more but that would be pointless.

In addition, ActiveX has its own patent and unique chemical composition.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat are nice just depends if you want push to start, leather seats really . Those are major differences. XLT eco are probably the fastest built. While lariat takes little bit longer

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fairly possible, I'm just accounting for heat at this time, its well into the 100s where im at so it takes a toll on mpg.
It's been 100+ most of the summer here too, but we're still averaging 49.4mpg total in mixed driving after 3100 miles. Takes almost no effort to average 50+ on short, stop & go trips. I'm usually (based on on-board) 60+ on similar trips (ie. our daily, street only, 8 mile round trip to the gym), but I use most of the tricks.

Sponsored

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The left hand pocket in all my blue jeans is wore through from keys going in and out. Now with my Lariat I have no need to pull the keys in and out. My blue jeans will last much longer now. I love the Lariat

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I test drove 2 XLT's with LUX+Everything and while its still a great rig- Lariat just has too many upgrades we didn't want to miss and the Lariat is much quieter- LUX its worth the money to us but then its pretty easy to get up to 35k If AWD/FX4/Etc-
What do you attribute the lowered noise levels? More than just the windshield?

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The left hand pocket in all my blue jeans is wore through from keys going in and out. Now with my Lariat I have no need to pull the keys in and out. My blue jeans will last much longer now. I love the Lariat
Keys in pocket = pain.

Truck in garage keys stay in cup holder.

Go to store throw keys on floor lock/open with key pad.

No keys in pocket.

Steal my truck its why I carry insurance.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you attribute the lowered noise levels? More than just the windshield?
I still don't quite know but the engine of the two XLTS I drove late last year were pretty noisy- My Lariat is almost unnoticeable (5/22 Build date)- Not sure if they change something in production ?
Sponsored