First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I'm endlessly waiting for my maverick to come in. I'm debating on upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat. I keep going back and forth on it. I'm curious to what everyone's reason were for choosing their trim level. Also has anyone gotten the XLT or Lariat and wish they didn't.
As I'm endlessly waiting for my maverick to come in. I'm debating on upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat. I keep going back and forth on it. I'm curious to what everyone's reason were for choosing their trim level. Also has anyone gotten the XLT or Lariat and wish they didn't.
I have a hybrid XLT on order. I’m up in Canada eh, and they don’t offer the Lariat option for the hybrid. I wasn’t to impressed, but for my purpose, I think the XLT will do. The options I won’t do without are, remote start, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, heated seats, in that order, all part of the XLT lux package. So if I get my Mav as ordered I’m good.
Sponsored

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I didn't have much of a choice because I wanted the rapid red...closest to New Jersey Devil's colors. Plus, it's less than I paid for my 2020 Ranger with all the luxuries I've never had. Heated seats will be nice in these Oklahoma winters.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me it's all about budget. I was able to use A plan and college rebate on my Lariat Lux. That brought the price to affordability. It's also the only maverick I was really interested in and the XLT didn't seem like much of nicer upgrade from my limited outback minus the bed. I was worried about the Lariats colors but in person I think it's a classy beautiful interior. Especially the dash color and styling.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think you need the Lariat Lux to get acc. Need to get a top of the trim to get it. Wifes subuaru has it at a modest trim.
While subaru does offer it. Eyesight is not as refined as Fords system imo. The ACC was good in in my outback but I find the Fords to be more smoother with transitions.

And minor complaint is that you can't put a windshield tint visor on a outback because the system is entirely camera dependent.

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took one look at the bronze accents on the Lariat and said “nope, down to XLT.” I’d love push start, one touch windows, fake leather, upgraded sound system but that bronze doesn’t do it for me. The orange is “hip” and if the console trays are removed it’s very little visible orange anyway.

The bronze/orange debate is 100% subjective so I’m sure this comment doesn’t help at all.
First mav I saw in person was a lariat and confirmed what I had thought from the pics, can’t stand the bronze.
super happy with my XLT with lux package.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also Lariat seats are not Vinyl. They are a synthetic leather and Ford has been using this in place of leather for almost the last decade. They are nothing alike.
So fancy vinyl. Hey, I like the active x seats, and plan on getting a Lariat. But the seats are... Vinyl. Really high quality vinyl... But vinyl none the less

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lariat Hybrid because it’s what my wife wanted. That’s simplistic enough for me.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So fancy vinyl. Hey, I like the active x seats, and plan on getting a Lariat. But the seats are... Vinyl. Really high quality vinyl... But vinyl none the less
Just a little bit better than school bus vinyl tbh. But still a whole lot better than fabric. Unless fabric's your thing. I'll take real or fake over it.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
A rose by any other name...

The deductions beyond CP360 would not be substantial enough to cover the cost. You'd be waiting past the lifespan of the vehicle to get that back.
I pay less for my maverick insurance than I do a 2016 Chevy Cruze. I asked why and they told me the deductibles.
Several of the big ones only come with Lariat Lux.

I got a few extra options I wanted, some extra safety features, nicer seats and additional insurance deductibles.

Personally I wasn’t buying the maverick due to the price. I was looking for an AWD vehicle and I like the way the Maverick looks.

To the OP, buy what you want and what you can afford. It doesn’t matter what other people think.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Ford won’t tell anyone what it is. They will tell you it’s not vinyl. It’s a chemically made synthetic material they invented.
Vinyl and Neoprene are also chemically made synthetic materials.
Vinyl tends to be stiff and cracks easily while ActiveX is more durable and age resistant than leather or Vinyl.
So, nobody really knows what it is since ford keeps the chemical makeup secret.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT FX4 with Moonroof, lux, and 4K was a smoking deal. We love the cloth seats - we gave up sync 3, adaptive cruise, and push button start. Yeah for the premium of that - we are good. Audio is fine and what I care about - the “go” , “ride” and capability - we got exactly what we wanted at a crazy good price. Oh - yeah, we ordered beginning of December and picked up late April … not sure that would have happened with anything else.

Looks good too ;)
Ford Maverick XLT vs. Lariat Debate FDB68011-1655-40F1-B479-57E62EE8E025

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT FX4 with Moonroof, lux, and 4K was a smoking deal. We love the cloth seats - we gave up sync 3, adaptive cruise, and push button start. Yeah for the premium of that - we are good. Audio is fine and what I care about - the “go” , “ride” and capability - we got exactly what we wanted at a crazy good price. Oh - yeah, we ordered beginning of December and picked up late April … not sure that would have happened with anything else.

Looks good too ;)
FDB68011-1655-40F1-B479-57E62EE8E025.jpeg
Why isn't their an Iguana on the hood ? :)

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, that is why I said " Lariat with LUX has it all. Better speakers, Sync3, ACC "

And yes other car companies have different options at different trim levels. My daughters bike came with a bell with a unicorn on it and that was $32,000 less than my Maverick. How unfair is that!!
But around my neighborhood the Maverick is a UNICORN!

mxsabino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat all the way. It's really not a huge dollar increase and for the added features it comes with it's a no brainer. I was worried I wouldn't like the interior but once I finally got it I love it. Lariat with LUX has it all. Better speakers, Sync3, ACC and so on, it's worth it to me. I got everything but the sunroof and it was just a hair over $32k, you can't beat that in the market. I know 2023 will be slightly higher but so will all it's competitors.
Ditto

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT/Lux/CP360. I just couldn't justify going over 30G for an entry level vehicle and this trim level has more than I need. The sound system is weak, but most of my listening is talk radio.
Sponsored

Last edited: