First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to let everyone know that I upgraded my stock speakers and it made a huge difference in sound quality. First I added a Kicker 46HS10 powered subwoofer. Huge difference in base. Mounted it behind the rear seat. Lost no storage space within the truck. Adding the sub did a lot but I was still looking for more clarity.

So, I added Kicker CS SERIES 6-3/4 2 way car speakers in the front doors only. No amp, looks 100% stock and really sounds good. In fact pretty darn amazing in the little truck.

Powered sub about $350 plus $395 for the shop to install. Front speakers, only $100 and I installed them. Simple, clean upgrade for under $800 made a huge difference and can not be happier. Just wanted to share with everyone in case you are looking for a simple clean upgrade to your stock system.
Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are the Kicker CS Series 6-3/4 two way speakers plug and play or did you have to modify the wiring?

OP
OP
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Purchased from Cruthfield’s and they supplied the wiring harness to convert stock set up to the Kicker set up. Super simple plug and play. I think Cruthfield is amazing they tell you want you will need and it actually works.

GotKT

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like simple upgrades.
Ordered the front speakers and harness for $74.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Purchased from Cruthfield’s and they supplied the wiring harness to convert stock set up to the Kicker set up. Super simple plug and play. I think Cruthfield is amazing they tell you want you will need and it actually works.
Totally agree!! I did a complete new Head unit, amp and speaker upgrade on my 2015 Prius. They supplied all the harnesses! Kept my steering wheel buttons fully functional with the new head unit. And the customer service alone is off the wall!!
Sponsored