2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This non-Bose stock system is good. But for me, I needed just a little more amplification. I constantly had to adjust the volume up to 29 or 30 (max) to just hear it sitting next to a semi truck or going 65 on a noisey freeway. Sitting still in a parking lot, yeah, plenty good sound.
Sponsored

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Infinity Reference for me. Works off stock amp and low enough profile to fit in the door. Buy off of ebay for great pricing.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm not an audiophile by any means. But I'm gonna guess that Focal will have better sound just by size of the magnet. Ask me what a magnet does and my answer is better sound stuff.

speakers.jpg
yes, it has a hell of a lot more midbass and much cleaner midrange.

it is not intuitive but you actually don't want to crank up the bass tone control on the Maverick - either factory sound system - more than 2-3 notches. if you max it out you get a big midbass boom around 80hz and it sounds like crap.

if you want more low bass, install a sub or turn the volume knob. if you want a snare to hit harder, turn the volume up. (y)

Last edited:

HushCarAudio

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
@HushCarAudio you got some suggestions?
Honestly any aftermarket speaker set you put in there will be worlds better than factory. They all come with massive magnets but they won't shine until amplified. I see plugandplay being mentioned a lot here. I only wish you saw their reviews on other forums as they don't have the best reputation. I can build you anything you guys want as my harnesses are all custom. My prices are cheaper then them as well for everything not only harnesses. I sell all major brands and provide package discounts. I'm a vendor here so any business from here would be much appreciated. It helps cover my dues on this site.

Sponsored

techmex

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT, Cactus Grey, 1969 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with all Kicker speakers: Kicker 46CSC674 on front doors, Kicker 46CSC44 on rears and Kicker 46CST204 tweeters. Purchased from Crutchfield. At the time I bought them, there were no adapters, so spliced original speaker wires. I believe they have Metra speaker adapters that fit the factory plugs now. System sounds great. I also added a powered subwoofer, I happened to have it lying around. It was a Blaupunkt GTHS80, added a bit of low end and I think it sounds great. I took the easy route to add the subwoofer and tapped the rear speaker wires.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly any aftermarket speaker set you put in there will be worlds better than factory. They all come with massive magnets but they won't shine until amplified. I see plugandplay being mentioned a lot here. I only wish you saw their reviews on other forums as they don't have the best reputation. I can build you anything you guys want as my harnesses are all custom. My prices are cheaper then them as well for everything not only harnesses. I sell all major brands and provide package discounts. I'm a vendor here so any business from here would be much appreciated. It helps cover my dues on this site.
in my opinion much of what gives plugnplay and hoel sales is their web portal.

I would suggest you pre-design (maybe not necessarily pre-build) and price commonly needed harnesses and put them on a webpage that you have linked in your signature, vendor forum, whatever this forum requires/allows.

if you have already done that I would be pointing people at that page instead of just saying to email and you'll build a custom harness. many of the people may not understand what they need well enough to describe it accurately to you. plugnplaykits is an absolute mess so I wouldn't suggest copying that exact format, but I feel like there's probably 3-4 common harness scenarios and then you can just add-on line out converters, dsp, amps etc after the fact.

HushCarAudio

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Yeah been there done that. It's too much work to maintain a website. I get plenty of sales the way I'm working now and have zero bad reviews over the 8 years of being a forum vendor on multiple sites. Pretty sure if anyone did a review search on both companies you'd find one being more preferred than the other. I won't say who but you can do the search if you like.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree with colinl

We will need a harness for stock system without B&O system
One with B&O system
Ecoboost versus Hybrid

This helped me a lot when I went to Crutchfield for my 2015 Prius. I purchased a new head unit and speakers and 10" powered woofer. They custom built my harness guaranteeing the buttons on the steering wheel and reverse camera would work. They even labeled which plug plugged into what!

May I suggest you put together a website, with pictures of each harness for each vehicle and the cost to purchase and you will have people buying your product. The more information upfront, the more likely people will buy your product. If we have further questions, we can always email or call you after the fact.

Just my old school marketing two cents...................

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah been there done that. It's too much work to maintain a website. I get plenty of sales the way I'm working now and have zero bad reviews over the 8 years of being a forum vendor on multiple sites. Pretty sure if anyone did a review search on both companies you'd find one being more preferred than the other. I won't say who but you can do the search if you like.
Can you at least send a brochure? Some people like to see and read before they buy.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was only trying to help. I am 100% certain you will greatly increase sales with a web store. Best of luck to you.

HushCarAudio

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I'm good where I'm at but thanks for the advise fellas. I'm done with the website stuff. I get sales daily so I'm not really concerned. More business would just mean slower turn times and my 2 day turn time on custom work seems fast enough for people. I know plenty of shops that followed your advise and now they have terrible ratings for customer service etc. I like slow and easy with great customer service instead. Everyone has a preference and this is mine. I also own two other businesses so time isn't something I have much of.

Newtz1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi, taking delivery of my maverick Wednesday and I saw a few reviews the base sound system leaves a bit to be desired.
Is there a simple speaker direct swap that upgrades the sound a bit without an amp or anything like that? Just looking for direct speaker replacement that I can do myself if there are any available that retain all oem functions.
thanks
Clutchfield, Kicker front door speaker set and the wiring kits. Plug and Play, love mine.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm good where I'm at but thanks for the advise fellas. I'm done with the website stuff. I get sales daily so I'm not really concerned. More business would just mean slower turn times and my 2 day turn time on custom work seems fast enough for people. I know plenty of shops that followed your advise and now they have terrible ratings for customer service etc. I like slow and easy with great customer service instead. Everyone has a preference and this is mine. I also own two other businesses so time isn't something I have much of.
you asked for people to request quotes from you. I said people don't want to request quotes via email, they want to buy it from a webpage. you said that's too much work and you are too busy anyway. :rolleyes:

which is it? you're interested in more work, or you're too busy for it?

I've referred or @ mentioned you several times just because I knew you were here. I had no obligation to do this - I actually haven't seen a single person mention that they bought a harness or anything else from you, so I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Tech Tye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the Amazon kit, dropped right in, sounds better than stock. Couple of pointers. DON’T put excessive pressure on the door cables as they will snap the latch off and you will be zip tying them back. Next big oof was if the speaker plugs looks like this, it won’t work as it felt like it was in, but it wasn’t and you will be taking the door apart again( don’t ask how I know

https://a.co/d/5BstE32

Ford Maverick Speaker Upgrade Options? IMG_6331
Sponsored