First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
you asked for people to request quotes from you. I said people don't want to request quotes via email, they want to buy it from a webpage. you said that's too much work and you are too busy anyway. :rolleyes:

which is it? you're interested in more work, or you're too busy for it?

I've referred or @ mentioned you several times just because I knew you were here. I had no obligation to do this - I actually haven't seen a single person mention that they bought a harness or anything else from you, so I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Bro I'm a forum kind of guy who pays a lot of fees to advertise on this platform. I'm not trying to steer business away from the platform I'm currently advertising on to another platform which requires more work and money for me to maintain. Thanks for the mentions. If you'd like a quote feel free to reach out to me. I'd like more business on this platform. If you haven't heard about anyone purchasing from me before that's fine. Perhaps do yourself a favor and do a Google search for my company name. I'm sure you'll find a ton of reviews with zero negative feedback over the last decade of doing this. I think know what I'm doing that works best for me now. Thanks for your opinion but I'm not taking your advise. Do not feel bad or anything about please?
Sponsored

Last edited:

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do feel bad or anything about please?
Certainly no hard feelings on my part. My final piece of advice would be to at least setup a signature, check out what Discount Tire has their MTC account as one example.

I honestly wish you the best and I do think you can help members here.

HushCarAudio

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Certainly no hard feelings on my part. My final piece of advice would be to at least setup a signature, check out what Discount Tire has their MTC account as one example.

I honestly wish you the best and I do think you can help members here.
Great suggestion!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great suggestion!
As a person who is also running his my own business, I am always open to suggestions. One can never know everything and might learn something..................

HushCarAudio

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Thanks for the totally unsolicited business advise fellas but I'm doing fine. Please carry on.

Sponsored

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are many different setups for different people but it doesn’t seem unreasonable to post something regarding prices. Starting prices, averages, suggestions or anything. Like you said you are good and don’t need the business or hassle but on the flip side some don’t want to email back and forth without a starting point or anything to go by so it works both ways. You seem a bit arrogant anyway so I will do as you say and carry on.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spent about $250 on speakers and adapters and replaced the stock components with Focal products all around including the ones linked above. The dash tweeters, door speakers and rear speakers were replaced in about 2 hours with no splicing of wires or superhuman effort required. There are a number of YouTube videos that can help with the panel removal. As has been said, there are many threads here on the topic.
I just received Focal 165 set from Crutchfield and will install in the next few weeks. Did you install the crossover’s that come with the kit ? I remember reading a post about whether or not to install them but I can’t recall the advice.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just received Focal 165 set from Crutchfield and will install in the next few weeks. Did you install the crossover’s that come with the kit ? I remember reading a post about whether or not to install them but I can’t recall the advice.
If you have a Lariat with the B&O setup don't install the crossover's as it's already done. If you do not have the B&O system then yes please install the crossover's for best results.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you have a Lariat with the B&O setup don't install the crossover's as it's already done. If you do not have the B&O system then yes please install the crossover's for best results.
yep. it looks like in his sig it says XLT so, yes, he will want the crossovers. there was a thread recently where someone installed it only on the tweeter, using factory wiring, and they said it worked as expected.

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. I used the same wiring harness as was used for the rear speakers for the tweeters. There are a number of brands of these, but this is what I used. Mind the polarity of the wiring.

Amazon.com: RED WOLF Car Speaker Wiring Harness Connector Adapter for Ford F150 Edge Escape, Lincoln Navigator Town Car, Mazda 3/5/6 1998-2011 Mount Aftermarket Front Rear Door Speaker Wire Cable Plug 4 PCS : Automotive

One of the issues with the tweeters is that they have a plastic casing around them that makes them too large to fit in the stock location. I removed the casing and ran a strip of double-sided tape around the outer edge of each tweeter and then pushed them firmly into the stock location. The tape creates a pad that holds them in place and the factory cover in the dash will fit correctly when it is replaced.

Amazon.com: 3M Double Sided Mounting Tape 5925 VHB Black Foam Tape High Bond Waterproof Heavy Duty Strong Adhesive Tape Thick 0.025 in Fastener Replace DĂ©cor Frame Logos : Industrial & Scientific

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One of the issues with the tweeters is that they have a plastic casing around them that makes them too large to fit in the stock location. I removed the casing and ran a strip of double-sided tape around the outer edge of each tweeter and then pushed them firmly into the stock location. The tape creates a pad that holds them in place and the factory cover in the dash will fit correctly when it is replaced.

Amazon.com: 3M Double Sided Mounting Tape 5925 VHB Black Foam Tape High Bond Waterproof Heavy Duty Strong Adhesive Tape Thick 0.025 in Fastener Replace DĂ©cor Frame Logos : Industrial & Scientific
It's a swiveling trim ring that is actually pretty cool, as it would allow you to aim the tweeters if you were surface mounting them in the sail panel or inner door panel. But you don't need it for the maverick factory tweeter mount.

I tilted mine slightly as shown in this pic. Double-sided tape, yes. And this way you don't cut up the factory mount.

Ford Maverick Speaker Upgrade Options? PXL_20230107_024640137

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. I used the same wiring harness as was used for the rear speakers for the tweeters. There are a number of brands of these, but this is what I used. Mind the polarity of the wiring.

Amazon.com: RED WOLF Car Speaker Wiring Harness Connector Adapter for Ford F150 Edge Escape, Lincoln Navigator Town Car, Mazda 3/5/6 1998-2011 Mount Aftermarket Front Rear Door Speaker Wire Cable Plug 4 PCS : Automotive

Thanks @colini and @Kritas - appreciate the detail

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
got it - thanks!

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
My prices are cheaper than them as well for everything not only harnesses. I sell all major brands and provide package discounts.
tell me how and how much to make this…..
Kicker 46HS10 hideaway sub
Kicker KSC40
Kicker 46CSC674
Kicker 46CST204
…..work in a 2024 xlt Maverick.

HushCarAudio

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
tell me how and how much to make this…..
Kicker 46HS10 hideaway sub
Kicker KSC40
Kicker 46CSC674
Kicker 46CST204
…..work in a 2024 xlt Maverick.
Contracts won't allow for public posting of prices. Send me an email at [email protected].
Sponsored