Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

BTW Luke, did you install yourself? If not mind sharing what a garage charged? Nuts and bolts hate me so I wouldn't attempt this myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dukewagon

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny. I did It myself. Not that difficult. Compressing the springs Is the hardest part. I would buy a escape rear lower spring insulator. Just one side for the opposite wound spring. I just used mine and It worked.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it looks good. What was the total drop inches F/R? I'm planning on doing something similar whenever mine comes in. Ive got a pile of mods in boxes waiting but haven't decided on a lowering solution yet. I think I have plenty of time to figure it out.
Ditto. I got a lot of boxes of stuff for mine as well. Still deciding on the springs. I want to drop it about 1.5" - 2.0" to ditch that unsightly wheel opening gap.

Stroked

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Xlt Maverick, 2019 F350, 49 Ford Tudor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did my springs this weekend, what are you guys doing about spring retention? At 3/4 suspension travel the rear springs fall out. I get the trucks on the ground for the most part, but are you worrying about the springs falling out every time you put it on a lift?

I made a limiting cable for the time being, but i'm going to try to find shorter shocks...

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did my springs this weekend, what are you guys doing about spring retention? At 3/4 suspension travel the rear springs fall out. I get the trucks on the ground for the most part, but are you worrying about the springs falling out every time you put it on a lift?

I made a limiting cable for the time being, but i'm going to try to find shorter shocks...
i used worm gear hose clamps on top and bottom of rear spring.
Sponsored