Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just installed H&R super sport lowering springs on my Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD.

Install was fairly simple. As of this post I’ve only driven about 10 miles with the springs so they may settle a bit more. The ride is noticeably stiffer, but it’s not uncomfortable.

There is visible camber on front and rear, so an alignment is definitely needed. Wheels are stock steelies painted gloss black.

Ford Maverick H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs installed on Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD -- photos h&r lowering springs ford maverick

Ford Maverick H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs installed on Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD -- photos h&r lowering springs ford maverick 1

Ford Maverick H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs installed on Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD -- photos h&r lowering springs ford maverick 10

Ford Maverick H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs installed on Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD -- photos h&r lowering springs ford maverick 5
Sponsored

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now a cold-air, exhaust, drag slicks, and remove badging and add the hybrid badge.... = "Sleeper" mode 😎

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
#copspec killer look man!

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anything unusual on the install? Tips, tricks, etc.? On your wheels...do you have the Crown Vic Police Interceptor center caps?

Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just installed H&R super sport lowering springs on my Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD.

Install was fairly simple. As of this post I’ve only driven about 10 miles with the springs so they may settle a bit more. The ride is noticeably stiffer, but it’s not uncomfortable.

There is visible camber on front and rear, so an alignment is definitely needed. Wheels are stock steelies painted gloss black.

h&r lowering springs ford maverick.jpg

h&r lowering springs ford maverick 1.jpg

h&r lowering springs ford maverick 10.jpg

h&r lowering springs ford maverick 5.jpg
I REALLY like this look. So clean and fun lowered with the steelies.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drag slicks? What for? This truck would need 200 more hp before traction is going to be a problem
I hadn't thought of that...*starts to research*!!!

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anything unusual on the install? Tips, tricks, etc.? On your wheels...do you have the Crown Vic Police Interceptor center caps?
the center caps are the stock ones that come on the steel wheels. I just left them silver. Front is just your basic strut, used spring compressors to get the stock springs off, don’t need them when installing the H&r springs. H&r tells you to cut 20mm off the top of the bump stop, but the top of the bump stop is larger diameter and it snaps into the dust boot. So I cut about 15mm out of the center of the bump stop and glued the 2 ends together.
The rear was more of a challenge, ended up removing the outer bolt on the rear lower control arm, the sway bar link, and lower shock bolt. This allowed the lower control arm to drop and I was able to remove the stock spring without spring compressors. Just make sure you have a floor jack under the rear arm when doing this so you can control the downward movement of the arm, as it will still be under spring tension.

Last edited:
Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the center caps are the stock ones that come on the steel wheels. I just left them silver. Front is just your basic strut, used spring compressors to get the stock springs off, don’t need them when installing the H&r springs. H&r tells you to cut 20mm off the top of the bump stop, but the top of the bump stop is larger diameter and it snaps into the dust boot. So I cut about 15mm out of the center of the bump stop and glued the 2 ends together.
The rear was more of a challenge, ended up removing the outer bolt on the rear lower control arm, the sway bar link, and lower shock bolt. This allowed the lower control arm to drop and I was able to remove the stock spring without spring compressors. Just make sure you have a floor jack under the rear arm when doing this so you can control the downward movement of the arm, as it will still be under spring tension.
Excellent, appreciate the detailed review. My build will look VERY similar to yours except I'm in Shadow Black. Have the H&R Super Sports in the shed along with the Crown Vic center caps...planning to get the springs on, the wheels painted gloss black, and the new center caps on soon...ya know once the truck shows up and I buy it!

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, these trucks so look SO MUCH better once they are lowered! I am glad I went ahead and bought the AWD eibach kit when it was on sale. Now, just need my ordered truck to get built and show up before I get antsy and go ahead and lower the one I have now.

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, these trucks so look SO MUCH better once they are lowered! I am glad I went ahead and bought the AWD eibach kit when it was on sale. Now, just need my ordered truck to get built and show up before I get antsy and go ahead and lower the one I have now.
Agreed, I think the H&R’s or the eibach’s will be excellent, still very driveable but just low enough to get rid of the huge wheel gap.

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excellent, appreciate the detailed review. My build will look VERY similar to yours except I'm in Shadow Black. Have the H&R Super Sports in the shed along with the Crown Vic center caps...planning to get the springs on, the wheels painted gloss black, and the new center caps on soon...ya know once the truck shows up and I buy it!
Right on, didn’t know these have the same bolt pattern as Vic’s. Those are chrome right?
Sponsored