First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The suspension is the same. Someone contacted H&R about FWD springs, AWD already available. It seems the FWD rear springs go in opposite directions. AWD go in the same direction. They were still doing research. I do not know if that affects the geometry or payload of the suspension. That will be one of my last add-ons towards the end of the year. I need my Maverick first.
My understanding is that Maverick FWD uses "vectoring" springs, which why there's no off the shelf lowering springs.

Stroked

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Xlt Maverick, 2019 F350, 49 Ford Tudor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My understanding is that Maverick FWD uses "vectoring" springs, which why there's no off the shelf lowering springs.
I read it as, only the Hybrids had force vectoring springs. I've been digging looking for someone that tried the escape springs on a 2wd. Looks great.

FWIW, i reached out to H&R weeks ago, and they confirmed they are working on springs for 2wd, awd, and hybrid.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

what’s weird is this is my first new car in the last 30+ years that i didn’t already have the springs & wheels ready to put on the first day or first weekend.
now i’m questioning myself if it’s worth it. i haven’t hardly kept a new one over 3 years.
The world needs to see a Maverick lowered on Fuchs
You need to do it!

OP
OP
Dukewagon

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. I was going to get the Rev Magnum wheel until I lowered It and saw that the stock wheels look good. The drop was 2" in the front and 4" in the rear.

Sponsored

J_W_Smith

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Ford Bronco, 01 Ford Excursion
Love it! This is what the Maverick was meant to look like. I can't wait until H&R or another reputable company releases springs for my hybrid (not a cheap $30 Ebay special...trust me...I've used those springs on other cars and they ride like s@#$t) Good Job and great pics!

OP
OP
Dukewagon

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stroked. The FWD has the force vectoring opposite wound coil also, but It didn't seem to matter much. ???

Ratbones2002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stroked. The FWD has the force vectoring opposite wound coil also, but It didn't seem to matter much. ???
How is the ride quality compared to the oem springs? I've got a hybrid Lariat and the oem springs ride somewhat firm. Just wondering how firm the lowering springs are and if they bottom out over speed bumps and stuff

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read it as, only the Hybrids had force vectoring springs. I've been digging looking for someone that tried the escape springs on a 2wd. Looks great.

FWIW, i reached out to H&R weeks ago, and they confirmed they are working on springs for 2wd, awd, and hybrid.
Great to hear working is being done for lowering springs!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dukewagon

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree that the ride was already stiff with the stock springs. It doesn't bottom out on speedbumps, but the ride might be a little more firm. Overall I like It a lot better. No regrets.

Ratbones2002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree that the ride was already stiff with the stock springs. It doesn't bottom out on speedbumps, but the ride might be a little more firm. Overall I like It a lot better. No regrets.
Thanks for the info!

Deleted member 6544

Agreed. I was going to get the Rev Magnum wheel until I lowered It and saw that the stock wheels look good. The drop was 2" in the front and 4" in the rear.
Love the look. I also really like my factory wheel, FX4 Package wheels. I'll lower and keep the factory wheels. Great job.

OP
OP
Dukewagon

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine