First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's rough. But I don't know whether it's expensive enough for me to want to do it myself...
I did my shocks, springs, and lift kit myself in an afternoon. But if you don't normally do your own repairs, I would suggest having it done by a professional. Changing the strut springs is a challenge and you can actually get seriously injured if you don't operate the spring compressor correctly. The rears are not as challenging and don't require much experience other than not rounding off bolts by using cheap tools.
The more challenging was changing the intake manifold and upgrading the turbo-blowoff
Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't towed anything besides a light utility trailer - These springs do eliminate the factory rake - Will need to drop a heavy camper on the hitch and see what happens.
Remember that even with the 4k tow package, the tongue weight on the Maverick is only 450 lbs. The 4K is actual draw weight and I would stay below that or you can damage your drive-train. I love my Maverick but I knew going in that it was a light duty truck, not an F-250

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember that even with the 4k tow package, the tongue weight on the Maverick is only 450 lbs. The 4K is actual draw weight and I would stay below that or you can damage your drive-train. I love my Maverick but I knew going in that it was a light duty truck, not an F-250
Tongue weight limit is actually 400- FYI

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tongue weight limit is actually 400- FYI
That may be, I wasn't looking at the owners manual. But you got the idea. The Mav is a great little truck, but it is a little truck. Really isn't built to pull around an Airstream Interstate.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That may be, I wasn't looking at the owners manual. But you got the idea. The Mav is a great little truck, but it is a little truck. Really isn't built to pull around an Airstream Interstate.
Thanks mom- lol

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did my shocks, springs, and lift kit myself in an afternoon. But if you don't normally do your own repairs, I would suggest having it done by a professional. Changing the strut springs is a challenge and you can actually get seriously injured if you don't operate the spring compressor correctly. The rears are not as challenging and don't require much experience other than not rounding off bolts by using cheap tools.
The more challenging was changing the intake manifold and upgrading the turbo-blowoff
Alignment and install quotes came back as $1000-1500. That, along with the CV axle failures reported, have given me pause. I also have a wobble...might be CV related.

Putting a pause on installing the springs for now, but I'll probably do it myself at a self service shop that has a wall mounted spring compressor.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alignment and install quotes came back as $1000-1500. That, along with the CV axle failures reported, have given me pause. I also have a wobble...might be CV related.

Putting a pause on installing the springs for now, but I'll probably do it myself at a self service shop that has a wall mounted spring compressor.
Damn, that would be nice, having a self service shop available. I have a small garage at my house and can't even jack the truck up enough to get the trans out or the axles without hitting the roof on the garage ceiling. I have all the hand tools necessary to do most all repairs on a vehicle, but having a lift and things like a wall mounted strut compressor or a hydraulic press, would be great. And don't even get me started on a break or tubing bender. My greatest relaxation has been restoring old trucks and jeeps. Looking for a '68 bronco with the 302 and warn hubs. Found a couple of two wheel drive versions but the frame wasn't as sturdy on the 2-WD vintage. But that is the last project I want to tackle, restomoding a '60s style Bronco

Reactions: bgn
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Les Schwab will do the install on purchased from them H/R springs- But its still about a grand OTD-

My Ford dealer did the springs + install for $750 - OTD

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Les Schwab will do the install on purchased from them H/R springs- But its still about a grand OTD-

My Ford dealer did the springs + install for $750 - OTD
I just can't bring myself to spend 1k on an install knowing the work involved and time required. Plus, I already have my springs, so Les Schwab is out of the picture. Good suggestion for others though.

$750 is not bad at all. Did they give you crap about installing them since these vehicles are not meant to be lifted?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just can't bring myself to spend 1k on an install knowing the work involved and time required. Plus, I already have my springs, so Les Schwab is out of the picture. Good suggestion for others though.

$750 is not bad at all. Did they give you crap about installing them since these vehicles are not meant to be lifted?
Not at all but at the time they had a great shop lead but afterwards went to a different dealer that doesn't service ford and my local service center now is a hot mess-
Sponsored