Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As long as you don't want any additional packages these are the differences:
XL-XLT.jpg
It’s my understanding CP360 gives you the power mirrors. Rear cup holders not a big issue. My 55k Bronco doesn’t either. Thats disappointing.
Sponsored

ecoD2024$

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a price difference of almost $2600 between an XL and an XLT with nothing added. The only difference I see is wheels, rear armrest drink holders, change in color of certain pieces and the ability to add options. Is there anything significant I missed? I was considering upgrading order to an XLT but don’t see the value. Either one would be no options other than CP360 and hitch.
Power locking tailgate but I still got the xl.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dear OP. Whatever you decide, the rest of us will invest great emotional energy explaining why you were wrong. So I'll just save everyone some time here...

• If you buy the XL you are a cheapskate loser.
  • (this is me) If you buy the XLT, you are an foolish money-wasting sucker playing into the hands of Ford Marketing.
  • If you buy the Lariat you are putting lipstick on a pig
  • If you buy the hybrid you are a fool for not buying the ecoboost.
  • If you buy the ecoboost you are a fool for not buying the hybrid.
I think the basic takeaway from these threads is that you should always choose walking.
I recommend a bicycle or roller skates. But if you are a gezer; like me; and this is your last vehicle (and you have $$) go for the gold.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There is a price difference of almost $2600 between an XL and an XLT with nothing added. The only difference I see is wheels, rear armrest drink holders, change in color of certain pieces and the ability to add options. Is there anything significant I missed? I was considering upgrading order to an XLT but don’t see the value. Either one would be no options other than CP360 and hitch.
If you see no value then buy the XL. No point asking the rest of us because as Scott Asheville pointed out:
If you buy the XL you are a cheapskate loser.
If you buy the XLT, you are an foolish money-wasting sucker playing into the hands of Ford Marketing.
If you buy the Lariat you are putting lipstick on a pig
If you buy the hybrid you are a fool for not buying the ecoboost.
If you buy the ecoboost you are a fool for not buying the hybrid.

That pretty much sums things up here when asking for advice. People justify their own purchase, buy whatever makes you and your wallet happy, it's your money. There really is no right answer which is why Ford builds the various trim levels.

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ron, I think someone gave you some bum poop. I have an EARLY XL, and its first option was the 360. Either a dumb salesman or one who guided you into a more expensive model.
You are correct, I meant to say cruise,

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish they offered a STX Maverick like Ford did in the larger pickups (cross between XL and XLT).

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cruise Control. I wanted the XL, but Cruise is only available with the XLT or Lariat. Almost $3K for a $200 option, but that's what I had to pay.
XL has cruise. Don’t need adaptive. Nobody in our house uses cruise control. Don’t ask me why. Personally I don’t like it.

Ford Maverick XL versus XLT -- differences / value? IMG_6585

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XL has cruise. Don’t need adaptive. Nobody in our house uses cruise control. Don’t ask me why. Personally I don’t like it.
In 2022 the XL did not have Cruise Control, not even available as an option.

HRG

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wouldn’t be a problem if the wife would stop driving my truck..
Buy her a Maverick and she won't have to drive yours! 😜

It all comes down to what a person wants. One persons **Must** is the next persons **Never!**
Figure out what options you need, what you want. Look at what is available in each package or can be added. Are you willing to use forescan or no? What can you afford? Then you will know what to buy off a lot, or order.

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I call the XLT trim the “2K Wheel package”

I ordered XL with CP360 and a hitch. The $99 for a factory hitch and wiring is actually cheaper than aftermarket. Like so many posters have said, the XL comes with what I want and deletes the orange accents. I see the CP360 as a safety feature more than convenience. In my F-150 the braking feature has saved my bacon.

I also have the two parts needed to add power locking tailgate. Another $100 bargain

Personally I do like the XLT wheels but not for the price.

Comically, Ford removed the door keypad from the upper trims which was a sought after feature. And yea, a couple hundred bucks and you can add a stick-on version but we’re talking reasons to get a higher trim and the removal of the keypad is a factor.
Just my two cents.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buy her a Maverick and she won't have to drive yours! 😜

It all comes down to what a person wants. One persons **Must** is the next persons **Never!**
Figure out what options you need, what you want. Look at what is available in each package or can be added. Are you willing to use forescan or no? What can you afford? Then you will know what to buy off a lot, or order.
My biggest issue is Ford site isn’t entirely clear on some things. No XL to see in person on lot.
Sponsored