First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the XL and saved $2300. The only thing I really want that the XLT offers is the wheels. I figure I can find a set of takeoff XLT wheels much cheaper than $2300.
Sponsored

Grunkster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 lariat powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford would not change the seat design from xl to xlt to make them "more comfortable" imo. Not buying it.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted the power mirrors so I got the XL with Copilot which has the power mirror option with the less expensive price tag. Don't care for the wheel option or the key pad thingy. I can always add cruise control later which I don't use much any way. Who knows I might hate this thing a few years down the road and don't want that feeling of regret of spending too much $$ on it.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I was going to go XL as I wanted a cheap little truck and like interior colours better. I went xlt for cruise then figured I wanted all the goodness in LUX.

Part of my thinking is Maverick can replace my wife's CRV in 4ish years. Also we can use it for road trips. The options are nice to have and I think the wife will like them. She has been indifferent but once she sees and drives it that will change.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are we sure XL + CoPilot 360 gets working power mirrors?

The price on CoPilot 360 is the same on XL and XLT but XLT already includes power mirrors. Why would they be giving away free power mirrors at no additional cost for XL?

Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK

The price on CoPilot 360 is the same on XL and XLT but XLT already includes power mirrors. Why would they be giving away free power mirrors at no additional cost for XL?
Because they need the power mirror option for copilot 360 to work. Pricing retail has nothing to do with manufactures cost to build.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise control+ alloy rims. Decent value for that.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The blind spot detection indicator lights are only available in the power mirrors, so Ford had to make them part of the package for XL buyers who opt for Copilot 360. I have an XL (with Copilot 360), I can verify it definitely has power mirrors.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The blind spot detection indicator lights are only available in the power mirrors, so Ford had to make them part of the package for XL buyers who opt for Copilot 360. I have an XL (with Copilot 360), I can verify it definitely has power mirrors.
Off topic, but I have to say I love the little blind spot mirrors on the non-360 mirrors. I've never had them before, and they're simple and functional.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Off topic, but I have to say I love the little blind spot mirrors on the non-360 mirrors. I've never had them before, and they're simple and functional.
Good to know, I did not order 360.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see how Ford wants to limit the number of mirror types they produce and combine the power mirrors with the blind spot detection indicator. But I'm surprised they provide the inside switches to control the power mirrors without a cost.

My must haves for the XLT were cruise control and power mirrors. Aluminum wheels and rear split armrest were nice to haves.

Now with the XL cruise control steering wheel hack and getting power mirrors with Copilot, I'm thinking of changing my order from XLT to XL and save the money.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an XL (with Copilot 360), I can verify it definitely has power mirrors.
Do you have two Mavericks or have you not updated your profile?
Ford Maverick XL or XLT Profilepic.PNG

Last edited:

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have two Mavericks or have you not updated your profile?
View attachment 27387
I have an XL EB in my driveway. I also have a hybrid on order. I ordered the hybrid on the last day Ford was accepting hybrid orders, so I don't expect that vehicle until next summer.
Sponsored