22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If my 2023 wasn't due in by the end of February first of March, I would. But I am going to do my best to trade this one or sell it beforehand.
Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They should reach out to Ford. Ford knows the problem well by now...yet is still sending out new units with the same issues.
Yes, I'm sure Ford Motor Company knows about it, see post #24 above. I've always been curious if "Ford Motor Company" actually does anything to rectify problems or is it just lip service. I would like to think "Ford Motor Company" forwards these issues to the respective Vehicle Engineering group for proper disposition and creating answers to be included in vehicle production.

ReadyMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m convinced we are on to something here…doing some research on other brand forums Toyota had a very similar windshield squeak issue on the Tundra and it was the windshield alignment clips just like someone pointed out with Ram. I have an appointment this morning with the dealer and will be pushing this. Mine appears to squeak at the top of the windshield just under the headliner.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Accidently break the window- * cough*
I remembered this comment and had to laugh (through gritted teeth) yesterday when my recently replaced new windshield took a nice big rock on the freeway and has a good size chip in it. May just let it turn into a crack and try again for the Acoustic replacement............

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remembered this comment and had to laugh (through gritted teeth) yesterday when my recently replaced new windshield took a nice big rock on the freeway and has a good size chip in it. May just let it turn into a crack and try again for the Acoustic replacement............
Damn windows and rocks. Life in the mountain west -)

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Damn windows and rocks. Life in the mountain west -)
For real. The amount of gravel, potato and sugar beet trucks I have to drive behind that apparently have no requirement to cover their load in any way is absurd. Driving the freeway in the Treasure Valley just sounds like you are driving through a sandstorm at all times.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

+1 on the plastic alignment pins being a likely culprit

I had the glass place that replaced my windshield a couple months ago pull the alignment pins out yesterday and so far all I can say is “silence is golden”

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1 on the plastic alignment pins being a likely culprit

I had the glass place that replaced my windshield a couple months ago pull the alignment pins out yesterday and so far all I can say is “silence is golden”
This may be a dumb question, but do you know how to do this? Is it simple enough to do at home with some basic tools? My windshield is driving me crazy. Thanks

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This may be a dumb question, but do you know how to do this? Is it simple enough to do at home with some basic tools? My windshield is driving me crazy. Thanks
You would have to pull the A pillar plastic trim pieces to access the pins so you'd likely need to have some trim removal tools and confidence you can put the panels back on flush. I didn't get to see them remove the pins so I only have the general idea of where they are located.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You would have to pull the A pillar plastic trim pieces to access the pins so you'd likely need to have some trim removal tools and confidence you can put the panels back on flush. I didn't get to see them remove the pins so I only have the general idea of where they are located.
And the front part of the headliner as well I believe.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was a fix for my 1st Gen Tundra (and a lot of other folks too). It was a dash rattle where the windshield and the dash meet. Backer Rod from HD or Lowes; $4 for 20ft. Just tucked it in and the rattle was 99% gone.

Ford Maverick Windshield Squeak Fix? Dash rattle 1

I don't have the rattle at the moment in my Maverick and haven't looked at the dash / windshield area but thought I would throw this out there, it may be helpful.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My windshield/dash clicked and popped when my Maverick was new but it has gone away completely (3K miles). And that's a good thing because I'm one of those folks who is driven crazy by rattles, creaks and pops.
Sponsored