jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😂 Too much. What I bought it for plus tax, so around 39k. But it's not worth that with 11,000 mi on it and light scratches.
All I can offer you today is five cents.

And one attempt at this here football: 🏈
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: bgn

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dunno. Sounds like the truck has some serious problems.

😂 Too much. What I bought it for plus tax, so around 39k. But it's not worth that with 11,000 mi on it and light scratches.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have the same clicking or I describe it as a 'scratching' type noise from the pass side, heard last winter and started again when it got cold again - I have seen other threads talking about checking the a-pillar trim, so my plan was to check that when I go in for the airbag recall early next year...once the interior warms up a little, seems to disappear, on mine...built late last year...
Hi there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into this concern for you.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, now that is super annoying for sure. Most dealers that are even reasonably well equipped can do NVH diagnostics and can even use a tool called chassis ears to try and isolate noises. The reason that is so important is that noise that seems like it is in a particular place can easily be originating somewhere else. But, if the noise is truly easily repeatable then it should be reasonably easy to isolate and repair. But, for sure that is going to be 100% dependent on a dedicated technician and also an advisor willing to tell the tech that he does not get to just punt the car. A client with a back story like this should be able to get the proper attention he needs to resolve said problem. I know it can be frustrating, but bouncing from dealer to dealer can often be detrimental. I would try to get the ear of the service manager and as politely as possible let him know your situation and that you just want help in getting your problem fixed.
Never heard of chassis ears before. Seems like a helpfull tool. Thanks!

ryhlow9

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
Seems that a lot of folks are having this issue, including myself. I took mine to my dealer and they basically told me that it sounds like normal sound of plastic rubbing together. The only thing I’ve seen in the forum to remedy the issue is having the windshield replaced which my dealer definitely won’t do unless they can determine that something is defective. Has anyone been able to fix this without having their windshield replaced? At this point, I’m praying for a rock to crack my windshield…

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watching closely, I have been in contact with FORD rep on here as well, my rattle began on Saturday and now I can't hear anything else lol. Still loving the truck, but need this addressed.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Seems that a lot of folks are having this issue, including myself. I took mine to my dealer and they basically told me that it sounds like normal sound of plastic rubbing together. The only thing I’ve seen in the forum to remedy the issue is having the windshield replaced which my dealer definitely won’t do unless they can determine that something is defective. Has anyone been able to fix this without having their windshield replaced? At this point, I’m praying for a rock to crack my windshield…
Keep pushing them like I will keep pushing mine. "Sorry, it's messed up but we have no next steps to fix your new vehicle under warranty" is unacceptable.

ryhlow9

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
Keep pushing them like I will keep pushing mine. "Sorry, it's messed up but we have no next steps to fix your new vehicle under warranty" is unacceptable.
They have me the normal dealer line of “If it gets worse, definitely let us know”.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They have me the normal dealer line of “If it gets worse, definitely let us know”.
It will get worse. Mine has.

It's already defective...doesn't need to get worse.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too. Rattle noise appeared passenger side window-dash area the day the first cold weather arrived here in WNC.

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too. Rattle noise appeared passenger side window-dash area the day the first cold weather arrived here in WNC.
Exactly where mine is, I have yet to have the misses drive while I try and locate better, but it's making me angry LOL.

ryhlow9

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
It’s by far the most frustrating noise I’ve ever had in any vehicle. Mainly because I can’t find what’s causing it. I’m not opposed to tearing the dash apart but really don’t want to have to go that far. I believe it has something to do with seal around the windshield.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a case number for my rattle, I very much appreciate FORD presence here on the forum and the promptness at which I was contacted.

I am supposed to get a call in the next few days regarding the issue.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just received a case number for my rattle, I very much appreciate FORD presence here on the forum and the promptness at which I was contacted.

I am supposed to get a call in the next few days regarding the issue.
Great to see you get traction and props to the folks with the social media team on here.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello, Scott! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!
Sponsored