First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also called my dealer to order a 23MY and was surprised to hear it was scheduled for 10/31 week. My VIN is B069xx. So I don't know if the last 5 digits mean # of vehicles produced.
My understanding is that the last 6 digits denote your vehicle number. They’re assigned sequentially up to A99999 then reset to B00001, or something along those lines. I think that yours is approximately the 106,900th Maverick to be assigned a VIN.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that your Mav will be the 106,900th built, I think it’s just the 106,900th VIN assigned.
Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny you should say that because I'm thinking the same thing. And, I ordered a '23.
Got a scheduled start for 1st week of November. Watching things and getting nervous. I could see them pushing the changeover back a month or so.
I see them pushing it back too. I have not seen one time that Ford actually started building on the week that they originally give you. I was pushed back to Oct 7th from an original date of Sept 26th. If somehow Ford screws this up I will not be getting a Mav, by the time I find out will be to late to order a 23.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tracker shows built for you?
FYI. Sometimes to help insure that you are actually seeing a websites current page you have to clear your history and/or your cache. Browsers will save pages on your computer and what might happen if servers are busy in order to speed things up the browser will show you the page you looked at earlier instead of fetching a new copy. I have my browser to automatically clear my cache when I reboot my phone or computer which I try to do at least once a week.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where did you hear that all ‘22 orders with VINs will be built? Was it a reputable source?

It seems logical to me that Ford would only assign VINs for vehicles they know they can build, but I’ve kinda lost faith in Ford at this point. I want to be sure I’m not getting screwed by waiting for my ‘22 to be built and not submitting a ‘23 order.
As mentioned already, there have been several dealers and sources saying that if you have a VIN they HAVE to build it THIS year. Mine has been pushed back several times already so I wouldn't be surprised if mine is built at the end of November and delivered in January...

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 22 XL order, priority 1 with no VIN yet. Did talk to a person at Ford Customer Service and they gave me my special offer number and amount. Any guesses if it gets built or not .........and if it isn't built am I going to be able to roll it into a 23 order
If they gave you a special offer and haven't been scheduled yet, there's a 99.9% chance you aren't getting a 22. Put an a 23 order tomorrow if you want one since the order banks are closing. If by chance you get scheduled, you can always cancel the 23.

Sponsored

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a VIN here at B13948 - so at least 114,000 trucks.
I am not savvy with the sequence process for VINs.
I ordered a '22 in Sept '21.
I recently found out that I have recently been issued a VIN ending in NB00040.
I understand the N to mean '22 model, and the
b designates the plant is was built in but the last 5 characters of my VIN is a very low number.

Do the last 5 digits count just the number of vehicles configured identical to my Lariat Lux or is there some 'odometer type rollover' that I don't know about.

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not savvy with the sequence process for VINs.
I ordered a '22 in Sept '21.
I recently found out that I have recently been issued a VIN ending in NB00040.
I understand the N to mean '22 model, and the
b designates the plant is was built in but the last 5 characters of my VIN is a very low number.

Do the last 5 digits count just the number of vehicles configured identical to my Lariat Lux or is there some 'odometer type rollover' that I don't know about.
Hi Phil, as I understand it the first 100,000 vehicles started with AXXXXX, and the second 100,000 is B series. So an early vin might be A10456 which is # 10,456. Yours being a B series indicates vehicle # 100,040.

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Phil, as I understand it the first 100,000 vehicles started with AXXXXX, and the second 100,000 is B series. So an early vin might be A10456 which is # 10,456. Yours being a B series indicates vehicle # 100,040.
Thanks for the info. I had the plant build indicator one digit to the right of where it belongs. So, I guess I am into the second 100,000 as you noted. Hope I still get the '22 built - still got of constrained items on it.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I trust all those who believe that all with VINs will be built.

But if Ford has the parts, why haven't they built it?

If they don't have the parts, how can they build it?

Puzzling.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I trust all those who believe that all with VINs will be built.

But if Ford has the parts, why haven't they built it?

If they don't have the parts, how can they build it?

Puzzling.
They don't collect all the parts and store them for each build. parts are arriving Daily-sometimes multiple times per day. A lot of things are expected to fall into place on schedule as vehicles are scheduled to roll down the line in production. If 1 or more vendors miss promised delivery date, they have to completely re-shuffle what can be built on a given scheduled run. Look up JIT (just in time) and Lean Manufacturing. Vendor parts delays are why we keep getting pushed back.

Sponsored

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 22 XL order, priority 1 with no VIN yet. Did talk to a person at Ford Customer Service and they gave me my special offer number and amount. Any guesses if it gets built or not .........and if it isn't built am I going to be able to roll it into a 23 order
I agree with skadizzle, you have got to order tomorrow. You can't wait to see what happens. I f you really want a Mav you must get that order done tomorrow. Earlier the better. You can always cacel it if you get a 22.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also called my dealer to order a 23MY and was surprised to hear it was scheduled for 10/31 week. My VIN is B069xx. So I don't know if the last 5 digits mean # of vehicles produced.
You are scheduled to be 106,9XX through the assembly line ...

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with skadizzle, you have got to order tomorrow. You can't wait to see what happens. I f you really want a Mav you must get that order done tomorrow. Earlier the better. You can always cacel it if you get a 22.
Ya that sounds like good advice, I asked the dealer if Ford would leave me high and dry if they didn't build the 22, They assured me Ford would roll me into a 23 but I'm not taking that to the bank.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm

I’m scheduled 10/31 week too. B065xx

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid