First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or do I need a second set of glasses. My eyes are not what they used to be!
Why are they spots on the lower bumper for them but not offered.
I hate Mickey Mousing or adding wires on a new vehicle.
Thanks
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks
I heard that fog made some negative comments on social media recently and it's been cancelled. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard that fog made some negative comments on social media recently and it's been cancelled. You don't have to worry about it anymore.
Thanks I need that 🤣🤣🤣 its a Friday

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks
My real guess is that the space in the FX4 package is used for tow hooks and since the front fascia is so (relatively) small, that there really wasn't an area that would have worked for all different packages - and therefore 👋

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
My real guess is that the space in the FX4 package is used for tow hooks and since the front fascia is so (relatively) small, that there really wasn't an area that would have worked for all different packages - and therefore 👋
Ford Explorers and older Toyota 4Runners had projector fog lights that were very small but still effective.

It's all speculation. Maybe they were on the table but had to get shelved due to time constraints.

Heck the Ford Edge had fog lights at launch, but they were eliminated on all trims during the mid cycle refresh, but they came back for the 2nd gen.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just hope that if I added a pair it would not void my warranty. As silly as that may sound.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I just hope that if I added a pair it would not void my warranty. As silly as that may sound.
Car warranties don't work that way. They would need to show that through installing them you caused whatever your claim is to happen... Unless you manage to do serious damage to the electrical system I doubt that'll happen.

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
OK, so screw all other packages for the FX4 that have a giant cover on the front bumper??

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Why are there no fog lights? 5mlknv

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car warranties don't work that way. They would need to show that through installing them you caused whatever your claim is to happen... Unless you manage to do serious damage to the electrical system I doubt that'll happen.
Absolutely, but this is a hybrid and its electric system is different then what I am used to. A fuse tap at the least will be needed. If I spliced into something I technically have voided that circuit short of tapping straight off of the battery. And that is lame. Plus having to punch a hole thru a firewall?
But no need to sweat the small stuff now 🤔 I dont even have the dam thing….😂

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's theory, not practice.

Legally, you're right. In practice though, if you come in with some weird code that they are having troubles diagnosing and a potential listed cause are electrical issues, they will say that the owner modified and spliced into the electrical system when installing those fog lamps and refuse to perform further warranty diagnostic and flag your vehicle so you can't even bring it to any other dealer. They would be in the wrong as technically the burden of proof should be on them, but who is going to bother getting a lawyer? Even though its not legal, for a while at least Kia was invalidating their super long 10 year powertrain warranties for people that merely used aftermarket oil filters. You can quote Magnuson-Moss until you get lock jaw, but until you lawyer up you're SOL.

This is straight from a KIA TSB:
Kia does not test or approve any aftermarket filters and only recommends the use of Kia genuine parts that are designed to operate at the specifications set forth during engine lubrication design and testing. If the engine oil has been changed recently and a noise condition has developed, perform an inspection of the oil filter and or Customer oil change maintenance records to help you in determining if an aftermarket filter or the wrong oil viscosity was used. If the vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket oil filter, perform an oil change and filter using the correct oil grade / viscosity and a replacement genuine Kia oil filter at the customer’s expense. It is always best to use the electronic parts catalog, search by VIN to obtain the correct oil filter P/N; this will avoid confusion and possible engine damage. Note: Customer concerns as a result of incorrect oil viscosity or use of aftermarket oil filter should not be treated as a warranty repair and any related damage is not warrantable, nor is changing the engine oil and filter to isolate this condition.
And if there is a class-action lawsuit to address the issue, they'll settle and the lawyers will get the fat check and you'll get $2.84 as your compensation.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sandbagging options so they can add them in subsequent years.
It used to be really common to do the opposite. Make a first year vehicle super loaded because that's what all the professional reviews will be based on. In the next year, they would do massive "decontenting", shaving a penny here and a penny there by removing lights in the sun visors, glove box, cabin air filter left empty, etc. It would make almost no difference to the profit on an individual vehicle, but multiplied by tens of thousands and it added up quick.

Perhaps thanks to the information age, they figure journalists would point this out in their blogs and forums and what not and instead to keep things fresh make incremental improvements. Wonder how long it will be for example before higher trims get a infotainment screen that takes up the whole space instead of having a cubby.

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My guess would be it’s about cost savings and/or the fact that all models have LED headlights and Ford reckons you don’t need no fog lights. Probably more about the money, lol.

If all models have LED headlights, then why is one of the Lariat selling points that it includes LED headlights?
Sponsored