Sponsored

Who installs your front plate brackets ?

Valzyran

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F350, 2019 WRX Limited, 2012 Corvette.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order as of this week has been bulit and is waiting to be shipped.

I'm not a fan of having a front plate bracket on my truck, so I sent my dealer an emial telling them not to install one, of is ford the one that installs them ?

Just curious as I dont want any extra holes in my bumper lolz

Thanks.
Sponsored

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yep, your dealer is the one that installs it.. Make sure your salesman knows you dont want it or it will be put on during the pre delivery experience.

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget to check your tire pressure when you get it. They air the tires way up for shipping and not all dealers put them back down where they need to be. Mine didn't. šŸ˜¬

OP
OP
Valzyran

Valzyran

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yep, your dealer is the one that installs it.. Make sure your salesman knows you dont want it or it will be put on during the pre delivery experience.
Thanks, already sent out that message to my dealer, hopefully they understand lol.

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Beg your dealer and remind them ten times you donā€™t want it installed, it may workšŸ™‚
It worked for meā€¦I really wanted to choose.

Ford Maverick Who installs your front plate brackets ? 6A53F362-F813-4439-987D-7E60991B98E4

Sponsored

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would go to dealer and tell the prep person himself not to put it on.

Pee Dee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I did is wait until the truck arrived and made an appt with the salesman to check it out before it was prepped. I told him right then I didn't want a front plate bracket installed, and he attached a note to the truck saying DO NOT MOUNT FRONT BRACKET TO TRUCK! so the prep crew wouldn't miss it. I think he also personally told them not to put one on when they were starting to get it ready.

I wouldn't rely on a text or email to the dealer before the truck even arrives there. Its too easy for them to overlook it.

Master Blaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Master
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That doesn't seem smart.

In some states the front plate is mandatory. Not having it is just giving a cop license to pull you over every day. Installing it is a dealer prep item.

In some states you don't need it legally, and you normally don't get it.

If you don't have one and visit states that require it, you will stand out in the crowd and get picked off a whole lot more by the cops as a result. If you want it and its not mandatory in your state, it will cost you for the part and the labour.

BlueOval1954

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Illinois but I bought my Mav in Iowa. The purchasing dealer didn't install my front license plate bracket. Since having one is mandatory in Illinois, I brought it over to my local Ford dealer and they were happy to install it. They used it as a training event as two other techs were observing the installation. I tried to put it on myself but you need a special tool to do so. Not willing to buy it for a one time use.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That doesn't seem smart.

In some states the front plate is mandatory. Not having it is just giving a cop license to pull you over every day. Installing it is a dealer prep item.

If you don't have one and visit states that require it, you will stand out in the crowd and get picked off a whole lot more by the cops as a result. If you want it and its not mandatory in your state, it will cost you for the part and the labour.
It's a secondary offense in Washington, meaning you would have to be pulled over for something else. Then they get to add it on, kind of like a stocking stuffer with coal during Christmas. šŸ˜€

I've yet to be pulled over.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order as of this week has been bulit and is waiting to be shipped.

I'm not a fan of having a front plate bracket on my truck, so I sent my dealer an emial telling them not to install one, of is ford the one that installs them ?

Just curious as I dont want any extra holes in my bumper lolz

Thanks.
At my dealer the sales agent installs or lets buyer do it.

OP
OP
Valzyran

Valzyran

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That doesn't seem smart.

I have been running my WRX without a front plate for 2+ years now, no issue, and that's a car that's notorious for getting pulled over :D lolz.

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That doesn't seem smart.

They're supposed to be installed in Texas. My Maverick didn't ship with the front bracket(and has supposedly been ordered twice by the dealership) I just carry the extra tag in the truck in case I ever get pulled over. All my years here and I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for not having a front plate.

bikemendel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer texted me a few hours before I picked mine up asking if I wanted the front bracket installed. I assumed since I live in Wisconsin that theyā€™d already installed it. I told them Iā€™d wait, and I asked him about the laws requiring front plates here and he said technically we should have it but cops generally donā€™t care. He said itā€™s a shame to have to put extra holes in new vehicles if they donā€™t have to.

Iā€™ve been driving without the front plate since I got it in December. No issues as of yet. I greatly appreciated him asking me that though because even though itā€™s a very small thing, I definitely prefer the look without the bracket and Iā€™m glad nobody had to molest my front bumper.

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was screwed in right before my eyes! Yep....the sales person eye balled the correct position then screwed 2 large stainless steel screws right through the plastic bumper........note....there were no factory holes for this on my truck....he just screwed right into the bumper. I wanted to throw up.....but it has been fine with no issues
Sponsored