Sponsored

Who HASN'T experienced the dash rattle/rubbing?

Do you have dash rattle issues

• Total voters

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No rattles on any of my three Mavericks.

Of course, my hearing isn't what it once was.
Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have no ratttles/creaks in the dashboard or windshield or door panels. I do have a bit of a creak in the headliner at highway speeds above 60mph. I have a sunroof, so it's something with that hardware perhaps?

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you live in a warm weather state, you'll likely never hear the classic windshield rattle, as it appears below 50 degrees or so. So I have no rattle in the summer, but a rattle I tune out all winter long.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No rattles at 6,000 miles.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'22 received in March '23 (20K so far) no issues other than interior dome lights don't always come on-more than pleased-easy to get 46-50MPG down here in flat FLORIDA-drove to antique market with load to sell this morning and got home with a 50.3MPG(60 miles each way!)

Sponsored

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Base 23 XLT EB built in Nov of 22. Had for just a little over a year and 12,500 miles. No rattles or noises from windshield or dash assembly. Even lately with lows below zero and highs in single digits and low teens there has been no rattles or noises.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the guy who runs the Test driventv YouTube channel tried a product on his dash and it stopped the rattling. Mines not too bad, have to hit a pot hole or bump in the road to hear it, which is basically the same for most other cars.

OP
OP
BuddyS

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting. As of now 77% of people report no rattle. Judging by all the other threads about it it seems like it was more common. I'm certainly sympathetic to those that are dealing with it -- I know stuff like that can drive one crazy -- but it's also good to hear it's not more widespread.

dogtruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a dash rattle right above passenger air vent/windshield pillar. My wife cut a small vinyl floor sample, crammed it between dash/windshield pillar.....no more rattle.
Who knew she was mechanically inclined.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a trifecta:
  • Headliner buzzes/rattles directly behind the sunroof, especially when the shade is opened. Pushing up on this tends to stop it. Noticeable at highway speeds and completely random, does it in warm or cold temps. I'm doubtful I'll ever solve this one.
  • If the rattle is a creak, I have that and it's noticeably bad, especially in cold weather and if the defroster is used. One the rare occasion it has creaked even with AC use. This is pretty consistent now and started a little over a year into owning the truck.
  • Driver's side door panel/door handle area buzzes. Pushing on this sometimes stops it, other times it doesn't. This is less common and only had it happen twice on a particular road surface.
I'm actually taking mine to the dealership on Friday for the dash creaking issue. The truck hasn't been looked at before by the dealer for any issues so I figured might as well have them check it out and worse case, I'm just in the same boat as others with DIY fixes.

I'm suspecting some of the people that don't have issues either lucked out with later builds or don't have to deal with cold temps. My dash rattle/creaking issues started on a trip to Canada in the winter time which was a 10+ hr drive with lots of driving in very cold temps, on and off-road and it's been there ever since. It was quiet except for the headliner for a year annoyingly.

VegasRed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a dash rattle right above passenger air vent/windshield pillar. My wife cut a small vinyl floor sample, crammed it between dash/windshield pillar.....no more rattle.
Who knew she was mechanically inclined.
So I just crammed some foam between both sides-dash/windshield pillars and VIOLA. Rattles gone. Cudos to your wife. 😁
Sponsored