Sponsored

Whatever happened to 'Fill Orders First, Before Stocking Dealers'?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We are right back to Ford filling Dealers Retail orders BEFORE filling their customers orders that made deposits back in June/July. THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.
Speculation.

Perhaps there is an Attorney that would like to get all those people together to do a Class Action Suit against Ford.... Pretty easy to show intent...
Any Attorneys out there that placed an order and are finding themselves in this position? :)
You don't know much about how all this stuff works, eh?

This thread is a train wreck. Either be patient and wait for your build of a brand new model in the midst of unprecedented global supply chain issues, or find one that meets your needs on a lot somewhere and overpay for it, or buy another vehicle altogether. Talking about class action lawsuits over something like this is nothing more than a temper tantrum. We're all adults here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

HogBoy

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chevy G3500
One interesting thing here is that for some reason, many people think that it is Okay for Ford to accept their Reservation, Conversion to an Order, a Deposit (varying amounts; some refundable, others not) on a vehicle and to state that those orders will be fulfilled before dealer orders are filled (which would seem to make sense after all)

When they eventually get around to giving a build date (all acceptable) they then postpone that build date multiple times while supplying dealers with stock units to sell for over MSRP prices and THAT is acceptable?

Not everyone is buying one of these to be an extra car or because it is a shiny new bauble. Some of us are actually buying it as an affordable daily driver, have even sold our regular daily driver (and are older, retired, live on a fixed and limited income for that matter) and would like to see Ford live up to their production promises.

To have Ford actually float out financing programs to offset long wait times to people that have made those deposits to compensate them for their patience and then to bring in stock units at the same time that those pending orders are postponed is in the least, ignoring their customers and possibly worse than that... depending on your point of view.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

People on these boards all act as if they need the Maverick right away. I'm sure some do, but not nearly to the level that folks would have you believe.

My Maverick has been ordered for just a little over a month now after having a reservation for about 2. I would have loved my Maverick yesterday but I also know it is coming sooner than later.

There's a damn global supply chain nightmare and global material shortages affecting all manufacturing. Not just the auto industry, or specifically Ford.

Obtaining a new vehicle that you want with the specific options through an ordering process is going to take months if not close to a year to complete. Plan ahead. We're also lucky that we should get ours in MY22 and be protected from the impending price increases that will be steep.
When I ordered in June I didn't need it right away, but time is ticking for my car. I now need new brakes, transmission might need to be rebuilt, and I need a new power steering pump. I was hoping to have my maverick by the end of the year and put off these expensive repairs.

However I realize the supply chains are screwed and now is a terrible time to need a new car. I've looked at other new cars and I would still have to wait, no matter what brand.

It's really just bad timing all around

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Suppose you are a low volume dealer or in a region that the Maverick does not sell well.

Are you just left out in the cold by Ford and get nothing?

Ford has to support the dealer network. Allocating vehicles to the dealer is a part of that support.

The last time America had supply chain shortages at the consumer level was WWII, the last time there was a pandemic of this magnitude was 1918.

All of us here have the basic necessities of life. What we are experiencing is what people in other countries call "First World problems."

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
Perhaps there is an Attorney that would like to get all those people together to do a Class Action Suit against Ford.... Pretty easy to show intent... after all Ford has now instituted a financial program to provide funding for the purchase to Maverick Owners that will elevate their credit rating up a notch, to compensate for their having placed their orders in the middle of the year and waiting so long to have them filled, to compensate for any credit rating changes that they may have incurred in that passage of time (while everyone knows it is to save their own butt, to keep people from backing out of the orders for that reason after so long) while at the same time, unduly extending that timeframe by NOT filling those orders and filling retail sales orders instead.
And pray tell, what exactly would this class action lawsuit be suing them for? You have ordered a truck; they will attempt to build and deliver that truck. Is there some contract you signed with Ford Motor Company that they have breached?

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many uninformed, useless, hateful, speculative and just plain wrong posts on this thread.

In the early days of the Maverick, June through July 15th, Ford did allow dealerships to order a few stock units. Up to that point no retail orders were being produced yet. The reasoning for allowing a few stock orders per dealership was to get dealerships some units for customers to see and test drive them before they placed their order. Some customers actually want to do that before ordering.

In mid-July Ford cut off dealerships from ordering any more stock units because they saw the huge demand for the Mavericks in the reservation numbers. You know the 50,000, 80,000 and 100,000 reservation numbers plastered all over the internet. At that point the "no new stock" orders for dealerships was initiated and it is still in force.

In October the first retail customer orders were delivered after the OKTB was finalized on the EcoBoost Mavericks. This was followed by dealerships getting their stock units ordered in the June-July 15th time frame.

Any other Mavericks that the dealerships have above those initial stock units are customer surrendered orders. Those surrendered orders are because of either the customer didn't want it anymore. Maybe the customer was tired of waiting or their current vehicle died and they needed something to replace it or just changed their mind. In that case the dealership kept the unit and put it up for sale with the usual ADM and dealer-adds markups. The other reason customer ordered units ended up for sale on dealer lots is because of bad dealerships taking advantage of customers who either only had a verbal agreement or just a customer signed DORA as both are not a valid purchase contract and when the customer came in to finalize their purchase the bad dealership stuck on an ADM and/or other outrageous fees such that the customer walked. There are threads here talking about getting a "Buyer's Order" with all costs listed and a final agreed upon OTD price signed by both the customer and the dealership's General/General Sales Manager to protect yourself from this happening to you.

So there you have it the complete debunking of this conspiracy theory "Whatever happened to 'Fill Orders First, Before Stocking Dealers'?" with the explanation of why units are on dealer lots.

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One interesting thing here is that for some reason, many people think that it is Okay for Ford to accept their Reservation, Conversion to an Order, a Deposit (varying amounts; some refundable, others not) on a vehicle and to state that those orders will be fulfilled before dealer orders are filled (which would seem to make sense after all)

When they eventually get around to giving a build date (all acceptable) they then postpone that build date multiple times while supplying dealers with stock units to sell for over MSRP prices and THAT is acceptable?

Not everyone is buying one of these to be an extra car or because it is a shiny new bauble. Some of us are actually buying it as an affordable daily driver, have even sold our regular daily driver (and are older, retired, live on a fixed and limited income for that matter) and would like to see Ford live up to their production promises.

To have Ford actually float out financing programs to offset long wait times to people that have made those deposits to compensate them for their patience and then to bring in stock units at the same time that those pending orders are postponed is in the least, ignoring their customers and possibly worse than that... depending on your point of view.
too many misconceptions added to unrealistic expectations to be taken seriously here 🙃

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of us here have the basic necessities of life. What we are experiencing is what people in other countries call "First World problems."
This is a good point. I've never thought of it as "first world problems" But I appreciate you putting it in that perspective.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, 90% of the ones posting here have bought off the lot. Very few have actually bought what they ordered.. Makes you think this might be some type of pattern...
Yea if you can't get the Hybrid you ordered! OVERPAY FOR AN ECOBOOST OFF THE LOT!!!!!!🤔

Yvonne Federowicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First, everyone placed a Reservation (mine was back in June or July) for a unit. That then required that they select a Dealer, contact them and convert that Reservation to an actual Order, which typically required a Deposit (mine was $500 and was made a week after I placed the Reservation) At that point we began to see Ford state that they intended to fill those orders before making Stock Units to send to Dealerships for Retail Sale. Fast forward to the last few weeks where we now see videos being posted daily by Ford Dealerships with units available (albeit at over MSRP prices) on their lots for sale. I know some are from Orders that we declined when they began to show up, but from my understanding from Dealership Personnel, most are simply retail sale units. My point is that you would think that Ford would have the integrity to both stick to their original commitment to fill actual customers orders, as well as not tell us one thing and do the exact opposite.

Long as I am ranting, I have a 2.0 AWD Lariat in Velocity Blue with a Tow Pkg and a Luxury Pkg on order. The 'word' from the Dealer is that the XL and then the XLT is being produced first and then they will begin to make the Lariat. Meanwhile, I see new videos with Lariats being made daily. Seriously? I had to drop the Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover from my order, for the order to go forward (no biggie: buy one aftermarket, but still) Yet I see video's being made with them on the trucks from the factory. My original build date (even tho' I ordered back in Summer) was for Nov. 1st. Then that got bumped up to Nov. 9th. Gotta wonder if that will get bumped up before the 9th gets here (as today is Nov. 2nd)

Then yesterday I see on the news where undocumented aliens have been found riding the rails inside of new cars being transported from Mexico and living in them while journeying North. Hmmm..... better take a really close look at the insides for signs of habitation or damage before assuming it is brand shiny new, whenever it arrives I suppose!
I bet the aliens only hide in the Area 51 Mavericks.
Sponsored