Sponsored

Has Ford committed to building all MY22 orders before new MY23 orders?

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree and don't think that is unreasonable. They have a fiduciary duty to their stockholders to make money. They offered money to the 2022 buyers who did not get their truck toward a 2023 which they did not have to do. With inflation I would guess they make little or nothing on those trucks. If Ford had the use of your money for a whole year you could make a case they need to do more but nobody prepaid. I think the fact they are cutting off orders quickly for 2023s means they don't intend to offer any of us any money if our trucks don't get delivered.

At some point will Ford and other manufacturers and their dealers have more vehicles than buyers again? Possible but it sounds like none of the manufacturers want to go back to that. With supply shortages and labor cost increases they want to sell everything they make- more than ever. I wonder where the rental car companies are going to get vehicles.
Good points. I have no idea if it is related to vehicle shortages (it could just be the total lack of availability of sedans offered by US companies) but the State of North Carolina has started buying a lot of Toyotas. I have a state owned 2021 Camry in my driveway right now. All the cars my agency got this year were also Camrys. Rental companies are probably more flexible but I am sure they are still having issues.

BTW, I really miss my B2200. I see the Maverick as its spiritual replacement.

My22 was a 2 but now the 23 is a 10
My dealer tells me the highest priority code he can set is 10. If it was higher than that, Ford set it as part of their mysterious picking system. As part of that process, if a dealer is eligible for an 'allocation', Ford looks at the priority codes of his orders and picks his highest priority orders first, if possible. I'm not happy that Ford reset my Priority 2 to a 10, just saying.

Our order is my dealer's next 'allocation', so here's to the Ford ordering meat grinder to get me a VIN.
Yep, my 2022 order was at Priority 2, now I am back to 10. With what I ordered for 2023 I don't really expect to be picked for manufacture soon.
Sponsored

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered new on Thursday most of the roll over orders had priority code 02
"NO" only ford motor company can put at priorty 2.The dearlers have been ask by ford to issue a priorty 10 to there 22 modle yr mavericks when reordering them this is the highest priorty code the dearly can issue.ford then can put it at a 2 witch means they are previewing it for production.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good points. I have no idea if it is related to vehicle shortages (it could just be the total lack of availability of sedans offered by US companies) but the State of North Carolina has started buying a lot of Toyotas. I have a state owned 2021 Camry in my driveway right now. All the cars my agency got this year were also Camrys. Rental companies are probably more flexible but I am sure they are still having issues.

BTW, I really miss my B2200. I see the Maverick as its spiritual replacement.

Yep, my 2022 order was at Priority 2, now I am back to 10. With what I ordered for 2023 I don't really expect to be picked for manufacture soon.
I will hate to get rid of my B2000 but I won't leave it in the driveway. It already has rust issues but I have kept it alive by keeping it garaged most of the time I have had it. It is a long bed and those are really rare now. I have hauled an unbelievable amount of stuff in it since 1993 when I got it. Well at least I probably still have another year with it!

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will hate to get rid of my B2000 but I won't leave it in the driveway. It already has rust issues but I have kept it alive by keeping it garaged most of the time I have had it. It is a long bed and those are really rare now. I have hauled an unbelievable amount of stuff in it since 1993 when I got it. Well at least I probably still have another year with it!
Man, I have a B3000 I’m hoping gets me to the maverick. I ordered recently so I got a long wait shreds of me but crossing my fingers for less than a year.
Sponsored