Sponsored

Has Ford committed to building all MY22 orders before new MY23 orders?

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has Ford committed to building all of the MY22 orders before any new MY23 orders?

If so, exactly how will that process work?

I ask because I'm not sure if there's a strong enough glue to keep my patience in check, if, new MY23 orders get built ahead of MY22 orders. . . just saying.

Oct 23rd, 2021 order date.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has Ford committed to building all of the MY22 orders before any new MY23 orders?

I ask because I'm not sure if there's a strong enough glue to keep my patience in check, if, new MY23 orders get built ahead of MY22 orders. . . just saying.

Oct 23rd, 2022 order date.
No. It's up to dealers by using priority codes along with dealer allocation system.

Treppie1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
Undecided
No - from what I have learned is 22 reorders should get a priority 10 but priorities are all determined by the dealer. But this is it, no commitment to build all 22 reorders first.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
no, none

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Oct 23rd, 2022 order date.
I would think you have a Vin by now.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As someone else pointed out in another thread, Ford's pretty much gonna build what's profitable and they have parts for. Full stop. With demand so high the order bank stays open only a matter of days, it'd be hard for me to believe Ford's gonna make a strong effort to do anything other than the above.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To answer your question a different way, Ford has committed to build any 22 that has a VIN. But if they didn't provide one by a certain date, then the dealership was to take your 23 order and place it in their system with a higher priority than new 23s. My understanding is Ford's voodoo machine then decides a random order of the dealerships and takes the oldest retail order with the top priority from that dealership before moving on to the next and circling back until that week's allotment is used up.

So, as long as your new 23 isn't constrained and your dealership put it at a higher priority than new 23s, then it will be built before anything else from that dealership.

In theory.

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
No - from what I have learned is 22 reorders should get a priority 10 but priorities are all determined by the dealer. But this is it, no commitment to build all 22 reorders first.
When I ordered new on Thursday most of the roll over orders had priority code 02

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ford has made zero commitments to anyone and even if they had - I wouldn't take their word for it.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope! A 2022 converted order is the same in Ford's eye as any other 2023 order. Only difference is dealers are supposed to give 2022 holdovers a lower priority number. This is supposed to make Ford consider those orders first over higher priority codes, but they are still playing allocation games and dealers are giving new orders low priority codes too, so I'm willing to bet that there will be a TON of new 2023 orders built, even though there are 2022 orders with the same options that have been waiting far longer.

Every time there's an obvious way Ford can make the situation better, they ignore it.

Sponsored

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. It's up to dealers by using priority codes along with dealer allocation system.
I asked my salesperson at my original dealership to please put me at priority 10 and she responded that she’ll ask the GM but no promises. Like wth? That’s what you’re supposed to do with 22 rollover orders.

Thats why this system sucks. Some people can’t get priority because their dealers don’t care. Oh and this is the kind of dealership that kept telling me that the 22 orders will automatically rollover to 23. The GM himself told me this. I’m just like 🤦

That’s why I put a separate order in at a different dealership just to get basic competence from anybody related to this truck.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As someone else pointed out in another thread, Ford's pretty much gonna build what's profitable and they have parts for. Full stop. With demand so high the order bank stays open only a matter of days, it'd be hard for me to believe Ford's gonna make a strong effort to do anything other than the above.
Agree and don't think that is unreasonable. They have a fiduciary duty to their stockholders to make money. They offered money to the 2022 buyers who did not get their truck toward a 2023 which they did not have to do. With inflation I would guess they make little or nothing on those trucks. If Ford had the use of your money for a whole year you could make a case they need to do more but nobody prepaid. I think the fact they are cutting off orders quickly for 2023s means they don't intend to offer any of us any money if our trucks don't get delivered.

At some point will Ford and other manufacturers and their dealers have more vehicles than buyers again? Possible but it sounds like none of the manufacturers want to go back to that. With supply shortages and labor cost increases they want to sell everything they make- more than ever. I wonder where the rental car companies are going to get vehicles.

OP
OP
Aherpa

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer tells me the highest priority code he can set is 10. If it was higher than that, Ford set it as part of their mysterious picking system. As part of that process, if a dealer is eligible for an 'allocation', Ford looks at the priority codes of his orders and picks his highest priority orders first, if possible. I'm not happy that Ford reset my Priority 2 to a 10, just saying.

Our order is my dealer's next 'allocation', so here's to the Ford ordering meat grinder to get me a VIN.

Treppie1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
Undecided
My dealer tells me the highest priority code he can set is 10. If it was higher than that, Ford set it as part of their mysterious picking system. As part of that process, if a dealer is eligible for an 'allocation', Ford looks at the priority codes of his orders and picks his highest priority orders first, if possible. I'm not happy that Ford reset my Priority 2 to a 10, just saying.

Our order is my dealer's next 'allocation', so here's to the Ford ordering meat grinder to get me a VIN.
Same my 21 November order was a 2, now I’m a 10

Treppie1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
Undecided
When I ordered new on Thursday most of the roll over orders had priority code 02
My22 was a 2 but now the 23 is a 10
Sponsored