First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been whining about this for decades... make a northern climate package, to include heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, heated back glass, stronger front defroster using the AC for when the inside of the glass is also frosted/fogged and remote start that auto turns on these items while the engine heats up. why do all companies tie this with upgraded packages or lux pkgs? No one in the southern states needs these unless they travel up here.
Sponsored

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add roof rail mounting channel hidden within the roof strips. With the bed being so short , it would be nice to be able to throw longer items on the roof.

Make something useful out of the cubby like a heated cup holder, analog clock or a power plug center.

Rear seat anchor points in the ceiling (like for adding cage dividers)
I would love some factory roof rails.

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wanted to see what you guys would change or not happy with on your maverick, maybe Ford is reading these posts.
My 3 biggest gripes are the key, I've had my truck 2 months now 1600 miles and got used to the dummy shifter But still get in the truck and put the seat belt on and realize the keys are in my pocket drives me crazy, come on now how many chips more would it take to make it keyless entry push button start My last 2/3 cars were keyless and it makes life so much easier.
The only other 2 gripes I have is the windows and having to use a cord for my phone, am so used to auto up and down on windows still hitting the switches and waiting for windows to go up or down, that should of been part of the lux package. Guys I have been driving for over 55 years and don't mind the maverick is a basic truck and wanted a 30k vehicle, Maverick fit the bill BUT theres a few things I think would of made a big difference. but why should Ford change anything there sold out and will be till someone comes out with another vehicle like it. Hey don't get me wrong these are minor and I will get used to putting my key in, holding the switches down and plugging my phone in. I love my Maverick.
Take orders for what they can actually build!

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL. I had a 94 Ranger for 27 years and 350k+ miles before getting my Mav. It was a 5-speed manual. Even today out of habit I still find myself reaching down to shift gears when I have to stop at an intersection.
I’m with you about shifting, I will miss my 5 speed 94 Toyota.
everyone is complaining. About the rotary, Ihave noticed it’s in all brand cars now. Check. It out . I will have to get used to it too,.

Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
everyone is complaining. About the rotary, Ihave noticed it’s in all brand cars now. Check. It out . I will have to get used to it too,.
I've mostly gotten used to the rotary shifter by now. Sometimes I'll dork out, and instead of turning the shifter CCW to go from drive to reverse, I'll turn the shifter CW, and then go forward instead of going backwards as expected. As a safety feature, FMC should put a hard stop on the rotary shifter so it can't be turned CW past the drive position.

However, just the other day, I stopped at my mailbox coming home from work, and even after putting the Mav in park, I pushed my left foot down to hit an imaginary emergency brake like I used to do in my Ranger.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been whining about this for decades... make a northern climate package, to include heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, heated back glass, stronger front defroster using the AC for when the inside of the glass is also frosted/fogged and remote start that auto turns on these items while the engine heats up. why do all companies tie this with upgraded packages or lux pkgs? No one in the southern states needs these unless they travel up here.
Well, it sure came in handy having all those things on my Lariat/Lux/360 down here in Texas when the ice storm hit us this week...

Having said that, I would agree that it's ridiculous to require upgrading to Lariat/Lux to get those cold weather package items. Should be exactly that - a "cold weather" package.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The rotary shifter really isn't a big deal at all. I do wish the "detents" were a bit firmer (more obvious). But after a couple of days driving it, you really don't notice it much.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, it sure came in handy having all those things on my Lariat/Lux/360 down here in Texas when the ice storm hit us this week...

Having said that, I would agree that it's ridiculous to require upgrading to Lariat/Lux to get those cold weather package items. Should be exactly that - a "cold weather" package.
We have heated handgrips and seats on our snowmobiles up here. How many snowmobiles do you see down there. We have motorcycles too but no heated grips or seat though they'd come in handy when temps dip in late September but that's why god invented gloves. LOL

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pro Power Onboard Generator for the Mav Hybrid like the F150 Hybrid.

Sponsored

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What IF Ford offered a "pearl" exterior option (w flakes that glimmer shine when the sun hits them) version of all exterior paint color options ? Was thinking that would be the f'nđź’Ł ahh imagine the white pearl..... Not multi color glimmer just regular-

bluesteel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd add headlight heaters, but that topic has been oddly controversial in some other threads here.

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be perfectly happy if they would make the truck completely reliable. No recalls, no tsbs, and no warranty items. At least for a year or 2 so its not a brand new truck when it does happen.

Reactions: fmt

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd add headlight heaters, but that topic has been oddly controversial in some other threads here.
It's controversial becuase it is not an option available on 99% of all vehicles made, and 99% of people have absolutely no use for them.