Sponsored

What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package?

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just dont think its worth the price.. I dont like black much anyway
Sponsored

csmacomber

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Soon(?) Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really dislike chrome, and if it is even close to the interior of the Tremor it was worth it to me.

Hew

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Taurus sel
Interior looks great if like that but don't forget the exterior grill, door handles, bezzles in lights, black badges, plus the 18" black wheels which imo look better than any other wheel offered on the mav. Nice option Ford ⚡
How do you know what the 18" black wheels look like?

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My opinion of the BAP is if you want to have a better chance of actually getting your Maverick, skip it. Tim said the BAP is limited to 10%.

Sponsored

pcbliss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Cactus Gray XLT Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package? 1663973054876

They are basically the existing 18" wheels but painted all black.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My opinion: it's a great option for those who really like the blacked-out look but would prefer to pay a little more to get it from the factory instead of doing it themselves.

That's not me, but the appeal is understandable. Do wish that they gave more interior (seating) color options, instead of one per trim + BAP/Tremor.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s one of my xl with cheap take off wheels not much of a difference lol
Ford Maverick What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package? 7E3DDCD1-58F3-4158-AF3E-9B3D3E592825

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be extremely happy if the BAP on Lariat has cloth seats. Didn't really want ActiveX to begin with, but went Lariat to be able to get ACC. But since my order acceptance letter says Onyx black vinyl seats, I suspect that the Facebook post is wrong. (Gasp! Imagine that!)
I think you'll be ok with the ActiveX seats. They feel better than leather and will most likely wear better than cloth. I get many compliments on the seat design and the color combination.

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interior looks great if like that but don't forget the exterior grill, door handles, bezzles in lights, black badges, plus the 18" black wheels which imo look better than any other wheel offered on the mav. Nice option Ford ⚡
Yup, the 18" Black wheels will be a nice add to an XLT and hopefully the black fabric seats will look great also...I am not so sure about the black interior bits along with the blue..not great. The exterior black out should be a plus also..
Someday Ford will show us the full interior/exterior BAP and then, if you are on the fence, can decide to add or delete it if you haven't been cleared for production......

Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the exception of the wheels and blacked out head & taillights it is an XL interior & grill.

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the exception of the wheels and blacked out head & taillights it is an XL interior & grill.
Certainly looks that way now that the Build and Price site is up and running. Seats are disappointing to me..do not look like an upgrade at all........

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like it. But it's a shame to be charged so much to correct the garish orange details, blue jean seats, sea of blue plastic (i know some remains) and coleman coolor white door inserts and dash detail of the XLT package. All of the exterior stuff is actually unnecessary.

Ford Maverick What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package? 7445te

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didn't hate the two toned seats on the Lariat I drove- they looked better in person- but would rather have the black ActiveX. Yes I wish the entire interior was black but you get what you can get. I like the black wheels. The rest of the exterior stuff I'm not sure about.

palmtreefrb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX2, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before BAP was announced I was going to replace the seat covers with katzkin replacement covers. So now, for not much more cost I'm getting upgraded wheels and trim. Win win for me. Hate, hate, hate the brown/blue seat covers.
Sponsored