MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I second the auto-dimming mirrors and approach lighting.

I also like power folding mirrors.
Sponsored

cmfo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What features does your current vehicle have that you will miss in the future?
And are there aftermarket parts that you will be getting to add those features to your maverick?

I'll go first:
I like the approach lights and auto-dimming mirrors on my subaru and I might be looking to buy aftermarket mirrors for my maverick in the future to get those features added.
Nothing...I have a piece of crap Chrysler/Fiat 500. Ordered a Lariat hybrid Lux with everything except the moon roof.

KenB

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-3
I had a test drive of the maverick today. I drive a pacific and Camry. ride in a rav4 frequently. The maverick felt closest to the Camry to me. not in seating position but in how compact it felt. i was expecting it to be slightly bigger in the inside.

ill be missing the power seats, auto-dim mirrors, importantly the inside room of my pacific. The back seat is more cramped than I expected. But that comes with trucks in general.
i ordered a hybrid XLT with lux package. I feel I am giving up quite a bit, but didn’t want to spend an additional 3,500 to 4,000 dollars to get the additional goodies. I will miss pushbutton start and all wheel drive plus the leather-like seats and sunroof.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You definitely can, and I personally don't like satellite radio. I might change my mind once it is in my vehicle, but I don't have any intention of paying for it.
Sort of on/off topic.

Can the antenna be unscrewed and can the shark fin get FM/AM on its own?

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going with the hybrid, 4wd.

I dislike my current 2015 Sierra in just about every way, but it is incredible in the snow. But I've moved out of the woods into a more populated area, so that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for 40mpg.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's one: a visible tailpipe

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Built-in nav systems are never up-to-date. Cell phone systems don't use GPS. So, you are at the fork in the road in the middle of nowhere and no cell service you toss a coin.
Im pretty sure most decent cell phones have discrete GPS chips. It’s things like wifi only iPads that don’t, so they rely on WiFi network location metadata and best guesses with the accelerometers and other sensors. Google maps allows you to cache huge areas of navigation data locally on your device and it reminds you periodically if the cache should be refreshed.

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sort of on/off topic.

Can the antenna be unscrewed and can the shark fin get FM/AM on its own?
I've seen people unscrew it and replace it with a shorter antenna, but it was on preproduction models. Very likely the same though.
Any reduction in size of antenna will reduce your reception so it will depend on the area you are in weather you are still able to receive radio.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im pretty sure most decent cell phones have discrete GPS chips. It’s things like wifi only iPads that don’t, so they rely on WiFi network location metadata and best guesses with the accelerometers and other sensors. Google maps allows you to cache huge areas of navigation data locally on your device and it reminds you periodically if the cache should be refreshed.
Yah, I'm not sure why people think they need an 'independent' GPS when Google Maps not only stores commonly driven in areas, but allows you to force it to locally store maps of places you want to go to at a later date. Losing cell reception has you losing some functionality (Traffic data for example), but that's stuff your vehicle's GPS wouldn't have either.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a smartphone without a GPS module. Cell tower triangulation as a location finder died before the slide phone did.

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yah, I'm not sure why people think they need an 'independent' GPS when Google Maps not only stores commonly driven in areas, but allows you to force it to locally store maps of places you want to go to at a later date. Losing cell reception has you losing some functionality (Traffic data for example), but that's stuff your vehicle's GPS wouldn't have either.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a smartphone without a GPS module. Cell tower triangulation as a location finder died before the slide phone did.
Actually, although you're right that cell phones have a dedicated GPS, they use A-GPS to aquire their location quicker and more accurately. It uses a combination of cell tower triangulation and regular satellite triangulation together.
It's a really cool combination of sensors and systems imo

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another option that is missing is fender flares. These are standard on most SUVs and many pickup trucks have them. I am surprised that it is not standard on the Lariat trim. I plan on ordering them from a Ford dealer since they list as an accessory for the Maverick truck.

thewall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Wish adaptive cruise control was an option on the XLT. I don't need or want the leather, and the cost upgrade to Lariat isn't worth it to me, but I would really appreciate an option upgrade of adaptive cruise on the XLT.

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned yet but the only thing I’ll miss from my current truck is fog lights. I will be interested in what aftermarket options come out.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This vehicle is a real change for my household. I have only ever driven manual cars. It is a major concession for us. Side Note- Recently Bought my son a '10 Ford Edge Limited and it is an auto. I have stomped the brake pedal a couple times reaching over for the clutch. :/

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing I can tell is missing is navigation, but I can learn android auto. Navigation was so appreciated in 2019-2020 when I had to drive my spouse to Ann Arbor, 4.5 hours away, about twice a month for leukemia treatments, procedures etc. and freeway driving is not my forte.
You will absolutely fall in love with Android Auto or CarPlay. The navigation experience is buttery smooth, super smart, and very pleasing to look at.
Sponsored