First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have at the moment a XLT fwd with 32,000 miles, looking what would be the best option to get and extended warrenty until my hybrid (placed this week) comes in 2023
Planning to trade in my eco for the hybrid for the down-payment
Any ideas?
Thanks
Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out Flood Ford ESP plans. They sell them for about $100 over invoice. I plan on buying one from them when my Maverick is delivered next week.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait for your extended auto warranty phone call today… LOL

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does your insurance provider or credit union (if financed through one) offer a warranty plan? That might be a simpler route for the in theory short-ish period you need to cover.

Sponsored

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

?

I have at the moment a XLT fwd with 32,000 miles, looking what would be the best option to get and extended warrenty until my hybrid (placed this week) comes in 2023
Planning to trade in my eco for the hybrid for the down-payment
Any ideas

My dealer tried to sell me a Ext Warr for about $3200. Fortunately, because of this forum, I contacted Granger and bought through them. I did the 100k/7yr for around $1100. (I also went ahead and bought another one for our 2021 Ford Edge for around $1200) I rarely do warranty's because they are not a smart buy - but with a hybrid I doubt I can do much repair myself. Before you buy, go to the FORD Flood ESP site and there is a chart showing you the cost of different time/mileage options. Look at their prices then call Granger, which was easy. I also took my print out to the dealer and the finance guy said "no way he could match Granger". (He knew all about them). I also wish everyone knew that they do not have to purchase a warranty the day they pick up the car. Drive it first and then decide. ANY Ford dealer would gladly sell you a warranty if the finance manager gets too persistent.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is t5he standard ford hybrid warranty no good? The extended warranty kicks in after the ford? So the extended warranty doesn't matter until after at least 3 years?

OP
OP
sarduyjorge

sarduyjorge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is t5he standard ford hybrid warranty no good? The extended warranty kicks in after the ford? So the extended warranty doesn't matter until after at least 3 years?
Looking into for my eco boost Maverick

Tcm777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The extended warranty always is back dated to start when you purchased the unit. Not when you buy the warranty. From the website.

WHEN WILL MY EXTENDED WARRANTY BEGIN AND END?
Your warranty begins from your vehicle's original in-service date and mileage. This is the date and mileage when a dealer first sold the vehicle as new. Coverage expires at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased.

Tcm777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Granger site does not offer enhanced car rental option. I don't know of any place that rents a car for $30 a day any more. The Flood Ford Site has a plan that offers rentals up to 60 dollars per day.
Granger plan does have one but while cheap it is not alot of $$ that they allot for the rental. (This was the option for a 8 year 150K new maverick warranty)

FIRST DAY RENTAL - $90 (This is the additional fee to the warranty)
Even if repairs don't require your vehicle to be at the dealership overnight, this option provides a rental vehicle up to $30 ($45 for Lincoln) per day on the first day the vehicle is dropped off for a Ford/Lincoln protect repair.
Sponsored