Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never had push button start so for me, not a big deal. I like the XLT interior look as it is. XL is too plain and I'm not a fan of the copper look on the Lariat.
The infotainment screen is better than the pioneer aftermarket I have now that came with my frontier. The cubby isn't a big deal to me, maybe throw in a switch to control bed lights or other accessories to "fill the space" with.
I guess my biggest gripe would be a bigger sliding rear window and if it was power, that would be swell too.
I need something that is a "swiss army knife" of a vehicle that will fill a lot of my needs and this looks to be that.
Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Probably the hard plastic surfaces... I remember driving a Frontier and thinking how cheap it felt inside (Hard plastic surfaces) And then I've driven a 2015 +/- Escape and I thought how cheap it felt inside... That was more about the weird/cheap instrument cluster...
But maybe they have learned something and this will give the impression of higher quality??? Hopefully
same here, was hoping the same but just saw a 4k walk around from the CHI auto show and the fit and finish didnt seem good. Could see the unfinished cut edges of the plastic. Really not sold on the interior colors

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I have seen are frames that go over the truck bed and extend over the cab. I have seen them rated for 800 pounds and some for 1500 and I am going to seriously look at one of those. That will allow the use of both the length of the bed and cab, something like ( https://www.discountramps.com/universal-truck-rack/p/UPUT-RACK-V2/ )

Should allow you to carry longer lumber as well as a canoe or other small boat. I am only worried about that silly antenna sticking up out of the middle of the cab.

-Robert

The only other pickup that has a roof rack as an option is the Tacoma. The Frontier had one, but I believe it was canned when the 3.8L engine debuted. They aren't popular items on pickup trucks for pretty obvious reasons (having a bed being one).

What do you plan on hauling, and how often? I think the "flex-bed" utility makes up for the lack of length, especially the flat-top wheel wells. Obviously if you're hauling 12' sheetrock or a 14' kayak every day, you probably want a different vehicle.

I highly doubt it. At that point, it would make more sense to just make power mirrors standard.

You could get the seats reupholstered in whatever cloth you desire for not much more than that.

There's similar commentary for leather seats on XLT F-150s. It's a popular-enough demand that dealers will upfit XLT 302As with Katzkin leather.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably the hard plastic surfaces... I remember driving a Frontier and thinking how cheap it felt inside (Hard plastic surfaces) And then I've driven a 2015 +/- Escape and I thought how cheap it felt inside... That was more about the weird/cheap instrument cluster...
But maybe they have learned something and this will give the impression of higher quality??? Hopefully
I like the hard surfaces, it’s a truck and it makes it easier to clean.

Preaky241

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT with technology package and everything else.

The only feature that offers me notable utility over my precious vehicles are the front+rear parking sensors. Like never before, the parking sensors have given me abilities to do perfect parallel parking, jump right in to tight parking lot spot, perfectly distance my garage parking.

Front and rear parking sensors are not even an option on the Maverick unfortunately.

What is even worse is all the after market product are made in china cloned junk.
It appears I am in a minority with a love of parking sensors... I don't get it.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT with technology package and everything else.

The only feature that offers me notable utility over my precious vehicles are the front+rear parking sensors. Like never before, the parking sensors have given me abilities to do perfect parallel parking, jump right in to tight parking lot spot, perfectly distance my garage parking.

Front and rear parking sensors are not even an option on the Maverick unfortunately.

What is even worse is all the after market product are made in china cloned junk.
It appears I am in a minority with a love of parking sensors... I don't get it.
You have excellent taste in vehicles I can see! I agree too, the forward/rear sensors come in handy for parking, and pulling into my garage!

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Front and rear parking sensors are not even an option on the Maverick unfortunately...
Rear Parking Sensors are available for the Lariat, just not the XL or XLT it seems.

lakkdainen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux hybrid, ordered July, received April
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The name... which has been mentioned before in this thread. I specifically hate it cause it makes me think of Sarah Palin. Remember her? "I'm a maverick... mavericky..." etc. BARF!

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I was hoping the maverick would work..
.....great mpg, and great starting price. I am realizing (ok, I’m slow) that attempting to make an inexpensive pickup into an inexpensive SUV, will cost the same as just buying an inexpensive SUV due to the option packages.

This is a great value at base but quickly gets pricey. I don’t mind the plastic parts or cloth seats....but usb and cup holders in the armrest is almost a requirement if hauling kids. :)

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have to wonder what ford was thinking when going with such a loud color that clashes with most of it's paint options. You're gonna see a million of these things vinyl'd over.
I doubt it… orange goes quite well w grey and goes really well with a deep navy like Navy Pier.

Its a pretty common color combo on outdoors sportswear. I think it will look great. Otherwise the interior might be drab..

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was hoping the maverick would work..
.....great mpg, and great starting price. I am realizing (ok, I’m slow) that attempting to make an inexpensive pickup into an inexpensive SUV, will cost the same as just buying an inexpensive SUV due to the option packages.

This is a great value at base but quickly gets pricey. I don’t mind the plastic parts or cloth seats....but usb and cup holders in the armrest is almost a requirement if hauling kids. :)
It has cup holders in the backseat armrest…

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
If you do not have a sunroof/moonroof on your build, there is a spot for sunglasses in the middle-front of the ceiling.

I agree with the other assessments that it is probably there as a result of not being able to source a 12" screen with Sync4 and hope it becomes available to add on later.
My sunglasses get red hot in the summer as that’s where the sunglasses cubby is in my Ridgeline, in the ceiling and I hate it!

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Maverick comes very well equipped so consider these as nitpicking. If Ford starts giving these as la carte options, its reputation will increase further in the eyes of customers. If l am not mistaken, options in Bold aren’t available at any trim level.
  • Cruise Control
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Push Button Start
  • Ventilated / Cooling Seats
  • Choice of few Interior Colors / Materials
  • Acoustic Windshield
  • B&O Audio System
    Power Side Mirrors
  • Folding Side Mirrors
  • Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • Homelink Rearview Mirror
  • Power Rear Window
  • Power Tailgate
  • A/C Vent in Rear
  • Navigation
  • Heads Up Display
  • AWD in Hybrid
You can’t have an options list a mile long and keep manufacturing costs low, let alone keep quality high. Remember what happened w American cars in the 1970’s?

My Dad bought a 1977 Ford. Options list a mile long. Quality was terrible!

The American car companies learned the idea of packaging options into trim levels to reduce manufacturing complexity and increase quality from the Japanese and European carmakers.

I’d rather have higher quality and lower overall package prices lower than buying options separately rather than having a mile long options list.

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
It has cup holders in the backseat armrest…
I didn‘t write that very clearly.....I meant to include the only way to get the USB and the cup holders in the armrest is to go to the XLT, and then add the LUX package.... which is a pretty hefty price bump. But if I am reading the options list wrong, please correct.

Thanks.
Sponsored