Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Where is this no hands-free info coming from? I've seen the close-up XLT trim steering wheel with the voice control buttons. Are you referring to dialing with your voice? maybe it won't have that...although if it has android auto and you can use the google assistant, shouldn't you be able to dial through that function?
Donā€™t know about Android, but the voice control button on the steering wheel works w CarPlayā€¦ you press it and you get Siri.
Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
not helpful from Ford's perspective of selling higher trim levels and adding options. Aftermarket accessories are probably not at the top of Ford's priorities list when designing to get a vehicle from concept to retail.
The supply problems Ford and others (especially Toyota) are having are with chips.. not other components. (Unless you count the Bronco hardtop, but thatā€™s a whole other issue! šŸ˜†)

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I see so many comments on the orange accents. Why are people afraid of a little color? Am I the only one thatā€™s tired of gray, black and beige?
Not at all! I think Ford did a great job with interior colors. The automotive press thinks so too!

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
While I agree, if it wasn't for companies like Rastra, IMO, Ford would be losing a lot of XL sales due to not offering CC as standard or as a option. Years ago I think the manufacturers blew off the aftermarket, they now seem to realize the profits in accessories rather than just giving it away. If Ford is thinking, they will offer CC on the XL as a dealer installed accessory for say $500, people will line up to grab this and while this is more expensive than a aftermarket item, it will be covered under the factory warranty and delivered with the vehicle. Huge profit cow for Ford.
Why not just get the XLT package. In the grand scene of things, itā€™s not that much more for what you get, and itā€™s all factory installed.

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.

I have had push button start w/no key involved past 4.5 yrsā€¦.never have liked it as well as keyed ignition. Iā€™m happy to return to using a key!

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to wonder what ford was thinking when going with such a loud color that clashes with most of it's paint options. You're gonna see a million of these things vinyl'd over.
How many of us wear blue jeans with orange stitching?

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT with technology package and everything else.

The only feature that offers me notable utility over my precious vehicles are the front+rear parking sensors. Like never before, the parking sensors have given me abilities to do perfect parallel parking, jump right in to tight parking lot spot, perfectly distance my garage parking.

Front and rear parking sensors are not even an option on the Maverick unfortunately.

What is even worse is all the after market product are made in china cloned junk.
It appears I am in a minority with a love of parking sensors... I don't get it.
Thereā€™s always curb-feelers! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? 1627079336507

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
No cruise control on the XL. It's a cheap way to get you into the next trim level.

But it certainly isnt much money to step up to the XLT ā€¦.plus you get other options. The wheels on XL are dang uglyā€¦Iā€™d HAVE to buy new wheels immediatelyā€¦..which would probably cost as much as choosing the XLT pkg.

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Does anyone know if the backup camera has the predictive lines (the ones on the screen that curve as you back up)? I havenā€™t seen anything with the backup camera in action.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
Why not just get the XLT package. In the grand scene of things, itā€™s not that much more for what you get, and itā€™s all factory installed.
Because other than the CC, I do not want anything that is added w/ the XLT. The Rastra unit will be approximately $300-350. I've had one on another truck, it worked fine.

Last edited:
Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
How many of us wear blue jeans with orange stitching?
Just look at menswear from Under Armour, Nautica, North Face, Columbia and sneakers from Nike, Brooks, etc.

Itā€™s a very common color combo to those who donā€™t dress like Darth Vader! šŸ˜†

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Does anyone know if the backup camera has the predictive lines (the ones on the screen that curve as you back up)? I havenā€™t seen anything with the backup camera in action.
I don't know, but I sure hope it doesn't. I can't tell from this photo:

Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? 2022-ford-maverick-backup-camera-screen-carbuzz-855889-300x200

SOURCE

I don't mind the straight ones, but having used 3 different iterations of the predictive ones, I am less than a fan of them. All opinion, of course.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lack of a Manual shift function on the 8-speed Automatic. This prompted me to get the Hybrid and save a bundle ($4K). My OG order had the 2.0L turbo, AWD and tow package.

bbromund1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
No fog lights, and the front cup holders are front back not side by side. Also no Sync 3 on the XLT.
Sponsored