Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford did an amazing job considering that their objective was affordability (~$21500) fuel economy (40mpg) practicality (the smallest pickup).
The one thing I will need to get use to is hybrid with regular key on an xl-xlt. It is going to be weird at first rotating a key and no engine sound or how the key position will work with the remote start.
Now we need ford to build them quick and build them well.
Sponsored

graesack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Tailgate. I use my truck for business and have logo and website on tailgate. Maverick has too many emblems, names, grooves, etc. Still ordered one.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
And Ford releases yet another greenā€¦ (They released ā€œGuardā€ for the F-150, ā€œGem Greenā€ for the Lincoln Navigator) and now ā€œForged Greenā€ for the Explorerā€¦ but nothing for the Mavā€¦.
Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? 1627221395232

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And Ford releases yet another greenā€¦ (They released ā€œGuardā€ for the F-150, ā€œGem Greenā€ for the Lincoln Navigator) and now ā€œForged Greenā€ for the Explorerā€¦ but nothing for the Mavā€¦.
1627221395232.jpeg
I wouldnā€™t expect a green, if any, until 2023 model Maverick. Although I love green, the timing of the introduction fit our needs after deciding to go to one vehicle. Since I love color, went with Velocity Blue. I suppose if I really wanted to spend the money I could have the truck oversprayed with yellow tinted clear coat. Blue + Yellow = Green (of some sortšŸ˜œ).

Sponsored

Zicua

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 F150, '69 Corvette, '08 Yukon XL, '09 Matrix
But it certainly isnt much money to step up to the XLT ā€¦.plus you get other options. The wheels on XL are dang uglyā€¦Iā€™d HAVE to buy new wheels immediatelyā€¦..which would probably cost as much as choosing the XLT pkg.
I actually like how the plain steel wheels on the XL look and the options the XLT comes with don't match most of the options I'd select myself so it really doesn't do anything but add cost I didn't want in my mind.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.
Totally agree with all your points except, shrink the cab 6" (all from the back seats... Don't know about you, but I'll never sit back there anyway šŸ˜ƒ lol) to make a 5ft bed.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.

The unibody construction may be a limiting factor for a 5' bed, and too much rear overhang may not be pleasing to the eye for the target market. This is basically a pickup truck built on a pre-existing car chassis. Had they started from scratch the cost would have been much higher for them and as such a higher price for the consumer.

You also have to consider that a 5' bed may cannibalized sales from the ranger.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may have been stated before, but I wasn't going to read through 23 pages to find it. I don't understand the mish-mash of colors on the door panels. Pick a color. One color.

Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? MAVERICK DOOR

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet Ford brings out a hybrid+AWD option in a 2-3 years. This is probably just to reduce complexity for initial production.

The more you can make an item without deviations the quicker you can build them. Get one now and upgrade later. I bet the resale/trade-in value on these will be higher than normal because they will not be able to quickly fulfill orders for 2 years or more into the future.

I know some people at the advertising firms that are marketing these. They said it was one of the nicest driving experiences they have ever had. To me that spells future orders when the word gets out and that means shortages.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, now I have to buy a 3D printer to build a trash can? :eek:

BUT....with the $$$ you saved by buying a Ford Maverick, you can afford to buy a 3D printer:):cool:;).

Reactions: Yar

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
O.M.G. This. Every time I buy a car I get mail from them. I just write ā€œI DO NOT WANT SIRIUSā€”UNSUBSCRIBEā€ on the outside envelope and mail it all back in the included postage paid envelope.
Huh. Havenā€™t gotten one in a while.
They got sued over this a few years ago (phone marketing campaign). I got three months free service as part of the settlement. Haven't heard from them since. (mail or phone).

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HomeLink, HomeLink, HomeLink. Now I have to get out and open the garage door in the rain. RATS..........

From the looks of the dash, Ford could have put a small lip on the edge of the flat part of the dash to put things and they wouldn't slide off.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HomeLink, HomeLink, HomeLink. Now I have to get out and open the garage door in the rain. RATS..........

From the looks of the dash, Ford could have put a small lip on the edge of the flat part of the dash to put things and they wouldn't slide off.
Buy a remote for your garage door, there are small ones available. Put it in the cubby next to the touch screen that people are complaining about. No need to get wetšŸ˜
Sponsored