First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hm. I'd say rapists and murderers are worse, but that is just me.
I don’t disagree. But there is a difference between being scummy and being worthless with no social value at all. Just saying.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The lack of a bed cover in an unpainted bed alone is a dead giveaway you have stuff in the truck. You should cancel the order for those springs and get a hard tonneau cover ASAP in my opinion. I think your at risk for more broken windows in the future until you do.

Also, if it was me, I’d rather park in that fast food main lot than where your truck is sitting and risk door dings. That fence area seems like a great place to hide and probably why the person was unnoticed breaking 3 windows, especially the two on the passenger side. Or somewhere else in front of a camera, might be worth asking the business owners there, worst they can say is no. Just speculation based on pictures so I don’t know what the parking situation is there but I’d probably wouldn’t park there by that fence if I could avoid it.

Good luck, this sucks but it could be always worse and I’ve been here many times myself. Be safe man!

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sucks! I'm so sorry. I learned long ago to have nothing in my car, not so much as a dime because somebody will steal it.

I hope you are able to get everything fixed asap.
I do remember a towing customer who said their window was broken out for 26 cents on the console. a quarter and a penny. Left the door open and drained the battery so they had to get a jump start too.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The statistics say that most of this type of crime is drug related. There's a documentary out there that shows how the city of Providence, Rhode Island effectively dealt with it. They didn't go all soft and gooey on the criminals, but they didn't execute them either. They have a zero tolerance policy where you get arrested and go to jail. In jail there's an effective drug treatment program. Then there's outplacement. And the support and therapy and prescriptions follow you out of jail.

It's proven to be highly effective. You can get all moralistic or you can be effective. Choose one and live with the consequences.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The statistics say that most of this type of crime is drug related. There's a documentary out there that shows how the city of Providence, Rhode Island effectively dealt with it. They didn't go all soft and gooey on the criminals, but they didn't execute them either. They have a zero tolerance policy where you get arrested and go to jail. In jail there's an effective drug treatment program. Then there's outplacement. And the support and therapy and prescriptions follow you out of jail.

It's proven to be highly effective. You can get all moralistic or you can be effective. Choose one and live with the consequences.
I'm a local and they are doing the opposite of this. They are not actively policing vagrancy and minor crimes.

This is a busy area with a mix of high cost older homes then across the street you have very low cost older homes. I used to live a block from where this pic was taken and I would never leave anything in plain sight parked there. It's not like a ghetto in a major metropolis, you aren't going to get mugged behind Andy's Frozen Custard, but there's plenty of traffic and plenty of people who would break in.

tnkelley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 S10 -22 MAVERICK LARIAT, LUX, 360 - 09 SMART
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow! Sorry that this happened to you, these thieves just suck….
NOT SURE ABOUT THE WINDOWS, BUT, I HAD MY WINDSHIELD REPLACED DUE TO KICKED UP STONE ON HIGHWAY. I HAVE HARTFORD (FULL COVERAGE) FOR INSURANCE. WAS REPLACED BY SAFELITE RIGHT IN MY GARAGE WITH ACCUSTIC WINDSHIELD. QUICK AND EASY!

Sponsored

Topdog!

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and RAV 4- Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sucks. Hope who ever did that gets caught and you get your truck fixed. Makes me angry as that could happen to anyone.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can check with the Ford dealer for glass availability or they may refer you or order from a glass company that can cut and fit the glass.

If you are inclined to or need to leave items ib the truck, check out the diamond back covers at https://www.diamondbackcovers,com. A bit price.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/products/diamondback-se-2022-ford-maverick?variant=39653358567523

I have one f these for the F150 which is a solid vault like cover as I need to leave tools in the truck in the city.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unfortunately, thievery is being rewarded everywhere with no consequences. Until the authorities and politicians (not the officers on the street) decide these crimes are unacceptable (they won't) it will continue and become more and more common (which it has). Just an "oh well things happen" and acceptance of this is not the answer.
And until parents start raising kids with better morals and ethics. It's criminal that so many people even think it's OK to do this kind of stuff to other peoples' property. When I was about 4 I grabbed a pack of gum at the supermarket checkout. My parents reamed me out, punished me, embarrassed the crap out of me, never let me forget it, and I've held on to that lesson my whole life.
Sponsored