Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Who is they?
power companies, utilities
the first permit for a new power plant in 35 years was recently approved, it took the government that long. Costs went from over 300 billion to over 800 billion. It's a nuke so they're more expensive.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can dive it into the ground if you drive it off a bridge or a cliff. Should be no problem. I suggest not being in the truck when you do this. But that's your decision.
I was going to suggest he do "drive out the back end ramp of a military aircraft of his choice".

OP
OP
Old Ford Guy

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think your biggest enemy might not be your longevity, or that of the proven hybrid tech. Where it lies is Northeast Ohio winters. If you keep it garaged and keep it as free of salt as possible, you'll easily do it. I lived on the east side of Cleveland in Chagrin, then in Rocky River, all while working downtown. Love NE Ohio, but the winters can stretch longer and snowier than desired.
you're so right about the NEO winter weather ,but this time of year there are few more pleasant or beautiful places .

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

the first permit for a new power plant in 35 years was recently approved, it took the government that long. Costs went from over 300 billion to over 800 billion. It's a nuke so they're more expensive.
We really need to expand our nuclear power production, and make it simpler to get them approved and up and running. But it's not so much the government being slow to approve them... They get held up by the constant barrage of lawsuits from everyone from "NIMBY" groups (not in my back yard) to eco-warriors, competing energy sources (coal, oil, natural gas), and the list goes on... California makes it impossible (and perhaps rightly so, given the earthquake / mud slide / wildfire issues in the state), but other states have raised roadblocks as well. Even my home state (Texas) has oil/gas/wind companies fighting tooth, claw, and nail to keep nuclear power at bay. It is so short-sighted to me...

OP
OP
Old Ford Guy

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So is learning to use the "edit" button... You CAN change the title of the thread, just like you can edit your posts.
thank you for enlightening me about the 'edit' function, this is sure to come in handy.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

thank you for enlightening me about the 'edit' function, this is sure to come in handy.
I've gotten to know it quite well, since I usually start reading / posting here before the coffee is ready... ☕ I use it all the time... :sneaky:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Humans will figure it out. ICE have to die. I will come back and haunt everyone if 100 years from now people still use petrol.

dalesworld

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think a retired wise man in the Northern part of the country could easily get well over 10 years out of a hybrid Maverick. The climate is much easier on the battery. HEB batteries fare very well if well charged when in cold weather and should last a very long time (a lot longer than 10 years). The best thing outside of recommended maintenance you should do is keep your vehicle off the roads in the winter when the roads are sloppy. If you must drive it in these conditions, make sure you do a thorough undercarriage washing. Rust from salted roads is an enemy to any vehicle. We do not know yet, just how bad the Maverick could rust, but rust can easily kill a vehicle within a few years.
I looked under the bed and also noticed a wiring connector or two under there that seem unprotected/unwrapped with tape. The pins in those connectors could corrode pretty easily, wonder if Ford put any silicone past in first.

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am 76 and bought my last vehicle 4 vehicles back LOL. I would say this would be my last one (23 Lariat Hybrid, Alto Blue), but who knows. You are spot on about washing. I save a lot on gas, but waste a lot of water, because the Blue Eagle loves baths.
I've got a monthly membership at the local car wash. They're not making very much money off of me.
Sponsored