Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
California. Prop 47. Felony theft reduced to misdemeanor and Increased misdemeanor theft value from $450 to $950 to account for inflation. Nice of them to acknowledge inflation for the benefit of the criminals. Philadelphia - Carjacking during Covid was to be ignored per the mayor............

I'd rather get back to talk about when the Mavericks will get built.
Nothing in Prop 47 says they are no longer prosecuting misdemeanor thefts.
Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nothing in Prop 47 says they are no longer prosecuting misdemeanor thefts.
Didn't say that about Prop 47. But talk to a cop and most will acknowledge they are avoiding arrests because they know they will be back out on the street. They have a name for it. Effectively, thieves are getting away with it in many ways. Ask Target what's up.

Mavericks are nice trucks.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Didn't say that about Prop 47. But talk to a cop and most will acknowledge they are avoiding arrests because they know they will be back out on the street. They have a name for it. Effectively, thieves are getting away with it in many ways. Ask Target what's up.

BTW. Done with this topic on this thread. My apologies to the rest of the forum........Mavericks are fun.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS

You said that they are no longer prosecuting misdemeanor thefts, I asked where this was happening, and you responded with prop 47. I think it is safe to say that they are still in fact prosecuting misdemeanor thefts.

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright, how about people who punch other people for little/no reason? Are they scummy, or worthless with no "social value" (maybe you meant societal value?)? How about someone who cheats on their spouse, scummy or not?
"Everyone's a winner!"

Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! 3923AA94-BC7E-4176-A4526FB245849FF2

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Bye Bye đź‘‹.
Maybe think before speaking such utter nonsense like saying that thieves are worse than people who commit murder, assault, rape, etc. Try not to get so worked up and tough talking when we are talking about some petty theft.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe think before speaking such utter nonsense like saying that thieves are worse than people who commit murder, assault, rape, etc. Try not to get so worked up and tough talking when we are talking about some petty theft.
This is a forum about trucks. Can you please do us all the courtesy of deleting all this irrelevant nonsense?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You think someone who commits a property crime like theft is worse than someone who assaults someone for no reason?
Yes. The assault person is probably dealing with some mental issues. Thieves know GD well what they're doing.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
This is a forum about trucks. Can you please do us all the courtesy of deleting all this irrelevant nonsense?
This you?

I'm a local and they are doing the opposite of this. They are not actively policing vagrancy and minor crimes.

This is a busy area with a mix of high cost older homes then across the street you have very low cost older homes. I used to live a block from where this pic was taken and I would never leave anything in plain sight parked there. It's not like a ghetto in a major metropolis, you aren't going to get mugged behind Andy's Frozen Custard, but there's plenty of traffic and plenty of people who would break in.

Sponsored

fourtotwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't believe they broke three windows. You'd think it would be easier and quicker to just break one and unlock the truck.

Glad insurance is covering the claim and you were able to get a repair scheduled so quickly!

pgreen1959

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I had the unfortunate situation where my Maverick was broken into. Tools, a portable battery pack, cold weather gear and a back pack were stolen.
9453DE0C-6F82-4DB1-B5AC-0505A010DA12.jpeg

The person broke 3, yes three, windows and at least had the common decency to leave the drivers window alone.

I filed a police report, waiting on a call from insurance, and hoping there is not a shortage on glass windows cause FML…( I only waited 10 months to get this Mav)
DFD5AF4F-0673-44E4-B228-DD62BF109EA6.jpeg

Oh, I can still play cards against humanity, but some of my old motorcycle cold weather gear is gone too. Hopefully the jerk that stole my Buell motorcycle neck gator is staying somewhat warm.

E56BA323-5B01-4AC1-8826-678AEDBF2170.jpeg

6E5D9C89-C8DB-4AC1-A548-4D9E790E3F79.jpeg
Life happens and I am beyond pissed but what can you do.

Now to try and keep my truck air tight, park my other vehicles in lit areas at work and pray to the parts god that I can get my truck back on the road cause this was the only reliable car I had. Not to mention that I have Eibach lowering springs on order so that is probably going to be put on the wayside

Stay safe out there and hid your belongings

11-28-22 1600ish
posted an update; it’s on page 3
Truck is getting fixed this week

Let Ford know that I don't expect my 2023 Hybrid XLT to be built and I said you can have my windows.
Sponsored