Sponsored

Wait entering Month 16 ....... What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
MrKombi

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL's are constrained simply because Ford's business plan hinges on selling more of the higher profit XLT's. To them, XL's are lowest priority BECAUSE they are simple, and low-profit...
That makes total business sense....

What DOESN'T make sense is NOT TELLING ME THAT at the point of ordering....

If they told me that I need to pay a couple of grand more for some bullshit orange trim and different wheels in order to speed things up........I would have probably stepped up.

But not telling me that and keeping me in the back of the bus like a redheaded stepchild f'ing sucks.

I shouldn't have to waste dozens of hours of my life on this message board trying to figure out their algorithms and business plan.....

MEMO TO FORD: If you dont want to build & ship XL's....then don't offer them for sale. Or tell people ordering XL's that they are the absolute lowest-priority customers imaginable and we will get to you when we get to you!!!
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am completely baffled by how a few people are STILL waiting for their trucks. Easy to blame Ford and to be honest their allocation system is the root problem. But it was never designed for a situation like this. So I have to think this has to be on the dealer. If your dealer had an allocation then you should have received a truck. So your dealer didn't have an allocation. Or did, and used it on somebody else's truck.

Setting you to priority 12? That's lame. Unless they had a lot of other orders ahead of you still not fulfilled. And if that's the case they took more orders than they had allocations for. This is a gray area because some reports say the dealers didn't know how many allocations they would get until after the order banks closed.

I would go into the dealership and camp out. Don't call, don't email, go there in person and be prepared to camp out. Ask to see the order list and where you are at on it. There is no reason for them not to let you see that. My dealer has done it every time I've stopped in. Ask to see what priority they have you at and ask them to explain how that system works.

What can you change? Not likely anything at this point. If you want a truck I would be putting my name on the list at every dealer within a hundred miles.
Yes. You need to get in their face although I've been doing that for the last year and I'm just getting my Maverick now after 15 months.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are still lot of us October/November 2021 hybrid orders waiting to get scheduled. I'm tired of hearing about dealer allocations. Ford obviously doesn't give a flying F about us. Getting another 45 day email really pissed me off today. Never buying a Ford again.
Although my truck is shipping I'm tired of hearing about a lot of stuff. I've learned waaay more than I wanted to.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes total business sense....

What DOESN'T make sense is NOT TELLING ME THAT at the point of ordering....

If they told me that I need to pay a couple of grand more for some bullshit orange trim and different wheels in order to speed things up........I would have probably stepped up.

But not telling me that and keeping me in the back of the bus like a redheaded stepchild f'ing sucks.

I shouldn't have to waste dozens of hours of my life on this message board trying to figure out their algorithms and business plan.....

MEMO TO FORD: If you dont want to build & ship XL's....then don't offer them for sale. Or tell people ordering XL's that they are the absolute lowest-priority customers imaginable and we will get to you when we get to you!!!
I feel your pain and am frustrated.

My original order was Oct 2021 and was one of the rollover orders to MY 23 at a smaller dealership. Upon placing my 22 order, I was told it would be about 6 months by the manager and my salesman said to expect it to be more like a year before delivery. In March of 2022, Ford said they would select orders for production (award VINs) from the order bank/queue in FIFO(First In-First Out) order. I stayed with the same dealership for the MY23 transition thinking it would be the same FIFO system (based on priority) and did not play any games by placing orders at other dealerships.

Found out later, Ford had switched back to a dealership allocation system when choosing MY23 orders for production. Next Ford pushed 8 cancelled MY22 Hybrid VINs back onto our dealership's MY23 order queue and gave then a "higher" priority of 2 over my priority of 10. Since, I am also a Hybrid order, I had to wait for the cancelled 22 VINs to be picked up before they most likely look at mine. I was told that I am one of three remaining rollover MY22 orders at our dealership. However, I am still not clear if the cancelled 22 have all been assigned VINs. The dealership claims they are averaging 5-6 allocations a month and hope that I will have a VIN at the end of February. But like every other dealership, all they can do is hope.

All I can do is hope what they are telling me about their allocation amounts are true.

Sponsored

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford really wanted to, they could give the order lists for 2022 and 2023 to an intern and in a couple of hours they could cross reference and see what 2022 orders are still outstanding and get those done first. Can't be more than 5,000 at this point right? But they don't really care enough about us. All we get is the stupid email, sorry constraints blah blah blah. Meanwhile the new 2023 orders are getting built before ours.

OP
OP
MrKombi

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went last night to Villa Ford. They told me that they would not move me from Priority 12 to Priority 10.

When I mentioned that there is a Ford "internal memo" circulating that specifically instructs dealerships to move all 2021 rollovers to Priority 10...... he laughed and said "don't believe all the gossip in those message boards".

Instead of showing empathy towards my situation.....he said "we have lots of other customers who have been waiting much longer than you have."

Which kind of convinces me that I chose a dealership that has been given totally insufficient allotments...... in other words: I CHOSE THE WRONG DEALERSHIP!!!!

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford really wanted to, they could give the order lists for 2022 and 2023 to an intern and in a couple of hours they could cross reference and see what 2022 orders are still outstanding and get those done first. Can't be more than 5,000 at this point right? But they don't really care enough about us. All we get is the stupid email, sorry constraints blah blah blah. Meanwhile the new 2023 orders are getting built before ours.
All they would have to do is see which ones have the private offer. Then set their priority to 3 and leave the 22 orders with VIN at priority 2. But Ford does not care to do the right thing.

Last edited:

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s bull crap. That memo is real and that was the instructions they gave to dealers. On my rollover my original dealership had me at 19. I showed them the memo and they thankfully put me at 10 and I got a VIN in December, and my truck is in my driveway as we speak, calling to me to go for another ride.

Your dealership sucks and they should be ashamed.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went last night to Villa Ford. They told me that they would not move me from Priority 12 to Priority 10.

When I mentioned that there is a Ford "internal memo" circulating that specifically instructs dealerships to move all 2021 rollovers to Priority 10...... he laughed and said "don't believe all the gossip in those message boards".

Instead of showing empathy towards my situation.....he said "we have lots of other customers who have been waiting much longer than you have."

Which kind of convinces me that I chose a dealership that has been given totally insufficient allotments...... in other words: I CHOSE THE WRONG DEALERSHIP!!!!
Sorry your dealer sucks. That's pretty lousy they won't change you to a 10.

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel your pain and am frustrated.

My original order was Oct 2021 and was one of the rollover orders to MY 23 at a smaller dealership. Upon placing my 22 order, I was told it would be about 6 months by the manager and my salesman said to expect it to be more like a year before delivery. In March of 2022, Ford said they would select orders for production (award VINs) from the order bank/queue in FIFO(First In-First Out) order. I stayed with the same dealership for the MY23 transition thinking it would be the same FIFO system (based on priority) and did not play any games by placing orders at other dealerships.

Found out later, Ford had switched back to a dealership allocation system when choosing MY23 orders for production. Next Ford pushed 8 cancelled MY22 Hybrid VINs back onto our dealership's MY23 order queue and gave then a "higher" priority of 2 over my priority of 10. Since, I am also a Hybrid order, I had to wait for the cancelled 22 VINs to be picked up before they most likely look at mine. I was told that I am one of three remaining rollover MY22 orders at our dealership. However, I am still not clear if the cancelled 22 have all been assigned VINs. The dealership claims they are averaging 5-6 allocations a month and hope that I will have a VIN at the end of February. But like every other dealership, all they can do is hope.

All I can do is hope what they are telling me about their allocation amounts are true.
What I don't understand is that many on here said Ford would assign cancelled rollovers pc 2 so we could get scheduled faster. 16 months in for me too and most scheduled orders on here are new. I'm also at a small dealership and was told mine would be the next one for them built. I hate their allocation system so much.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go straight to the top:
Here is CEO Farley's email if you want to ask him what is really going on. He probably will not answer but he should if he cared about the customer. He has the ability to put your build on this week's schedule.

[email protected]

You can also contact the assistant of every executive and board member listed on Ford's website. There is even a descendant of Henry Ford that is on the Board.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I don't understand is that many on here said Ford would assign cancelled rollovers pc 2 so we could get scheduled faster. 16 months in for me too and most scheduled orders on here are new. I'm also at a small dealership and was told mine would be the next one for them built. I hate their allocation system so much.
A cancelled order is different than a rollover. Cancelled means you were given a production date and VIN last year and they couldn't produce and cancelled your order. No matter what your dealer does Ford will put you at 2 if they cancelled in that manner. If you are a rollover that means you ordered but we're never assigned a VIN. That sounds like your case. I was a rollover 22 and finally got scheduled a couple weeks ago for March. I was priority 11 at LM. When the phev ranger comes out I'm going with them. I'm in socal and just don't get the same feeling that the dealers know what they are doing.
Sponsored