Sponsored

Wait entering Month 16 ....... What am I doing wrong?

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where IS the Official Ford Motor Co. Member when you need them ?????
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford chat will tell you your priority code. Chat with them, ask, and if anything other than 10 or 2, raise hell with the dealer until they make you a 10. Then it is a crap shoot because you have about the hardest combination to get scheduled. XL Hybrid with no options and a tow hitch.

You may need to accept its unlikely to happen. As soon as you truly accept this... Then you will get scheduled.

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are still lot of us October/November 2021 hybrid orders waiting to get scheduled. I'm tired of hearing about dealer allocations. Ford obviously doesn't give a flying F about us. Getting another 45 day email really pissed me off today. Never buying a Ford again.

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the salesman submitted my reorder for my vin cancelled 22my to a 23my he put me at pc19. Asked him to put it at 10 but he didn't, Two weeks later, !2/13, Ford Customer Service told me I had a vin and build week of 1/23. It went into production on 1/27 and it went into built status 1/31. Now waiting for the next train north.
So it is possible to get built with a pc higher than 10.

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waited 1 year and 14 days for my Ariea 51 XL ecoboost, tow hitch, copilot 360, full size spare. was priority 1, finally told the dealer I wanted to order a 23 model as they didn't seem to want to do anything and it was the last day to reorder. ( I got that info from the forums) The order went through and I got the same order number as my 22. Moved right to priority 10, and the finally took delivery last week. Sounds like the dealers aren't really given all the information they need and maybe they should read the Maverick truck club forums to get up to speed.

Sponsored

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same boat. Ordered Oct. 21, 2021. Last checked I was pc 2 over a month ago. Dealer told me I was the next one to get built and that they only had one other Maverick get cancelled and rolled over. No idea what is going on. I have definitely been looking at other vehicles too.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XL Hybrid a month before you. Still waiting to get a VIN as well. I still put the odds of it ever getting built at less than 50%. Assuming Ford builds 100k Mavericks this year, only roughly 3250 of those will be XL Hybrids (and I think one of the estimates thrown out was that there were roughly 8000 XL Hybrid orders placed in September). I know I am a Priority 10 at a fairly large (and supposedly reputable) dealer but expect that there are a couple of XL Ecos and XL Hybrids that have a time-stamp ahead of mine (been trying to get the dealer to give me a real number of where I am in line but they absolutely refuse to do it). If you want to up your chances of getting built, your can:
1) Remove the hitch (this ups your chances marginally)
2) Change to an XLT (or higher) Hybrid (this will likely triple your chances)
3) Change to an XL Eco (this should guarantee that you will be built this year but may be later)
4) Change to an XLT (or higher) Eco (this should get you built the soonest)

For me personally, it is an XL Hybrid (with hitch) or nothing. I have zero interest in an Eco and don't see the need in spending $$ for ammenaties I don't want in an XLT+. I truly share your frustration and am in the exact same boat.

OP
OP
MrKombi

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have about the hardest combination to get scheduled. XL Hybrid with no options and a tow hitch.
I have fully understood that Hybrids have been constrained since very early on (even though they were considered the "standard" equipment for MY22 and EB was considered an "upgrade"....but that is a different conversation for a different day...)

But how in the world are XL's considered "constrained"?

And how in the world are orders with "no options" harder to get scheduled than orders with lots of options??

I purposely ordered my truck as I did because in my simpleton mind i though my "simple" build would get done faster!!

csuh13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

And how in the world are orders with "no options" harder to get scheduled than orders with lots of options??

I purposely ordered my truck as I did because in my simpleton mind i though my "simple" build would get done faster!!
XL's are constrained simply because Ford's business plan hinges on selling more of the higher profit XLT's. To them, XL's are lowest priority BECAUSE they are simple, and low-profit...

Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn't know you are a rollover order, as best I can find. Ford told the Dealer how to handle that, and it comes down to putting rollover orders at #10 Priority Code. "New" orders are to be placed above the last PC of rollovers. There could be several rollover orders and while the dealer could set them all at PC 10 they likely staggered them based on how long they are waiting ( or should have).
Priority Code is everything. Want to be next? That is entirely based on Priority Code and commodities. That is assuming there is a Dealer allocation for a Maverick that order week.
But this is the real world and Dealers don't always follow common sense. Got a neighbor they want a Maverick for? Move'm up on the PC ahead of you.
Those that are still waiting on a rollover order probably need to have a sit down with their Dealer. Confirm you are Priority 10, or ask why not? Ford will pull any Priority Code except 99. If 50 Mavericks in the Dealer order bank are sold orders.....Ford could pull #39 simply because they have the commodities to build that exact unit this time. Not likely to be that far off, but an example.

juddstone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are still lot of us October/November 2021 hybrid orders waiting to get scheduled. I'm tired of hearing about dealer allocations. Ford obviously doesn't give a flying F about us. Getting another 45 day email really pissed me off today. Never buying a Ford again.
At least you are still getting the 45-day emails. I got one 11/8/2022 and haven't heard from Ford since. I'm an October 2021 order just sitting over here priority 10 clean like so many others.

I had a hybrid Lariat Lux order in 2021 and dropped everything but the tow hitch and still didn't get a truck, so this year I am keeping all the constraints on because it didn't seem to matter either way last year. I assume I'm stuck with a dealership that isn't getting many allocations, so shame on me I guess?

Anyway, though, it really is so on brand that Ford can't even fulfill their promise to send an automated template email out every 45 days.

I have tried to come to peace with the idea that I'll never get a truck, but even after 15+ months I guess I still have not.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have fully understood that Hybrids have been constrained since very early on (even though they were considered the "standard" equipment for MY22 and EB was considered an "upgrade"....but that is a different conversation for a different day...)

IMO the reason is Fords "Profit Margins". Hardly any there. Hence the very low planned production for the XL trim in MY23. I think Ford figured that out the hard way in MY22. Then add to that the relatively low 35% of planned production for hybrid in MY23. But ya never know, Ford's production of what and when is a pure mystery. Luck of the draw. Wish you luck.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Historically speaking, consumers don't want an XL. Ford generally makes those for Fleet vehicles. The average consumer wants some bells and whistles, which start at XLT. That's why the XL is at a lower production rate. Generally, the average consumer won't buy it anyway. Obviously this isn't a hard and fast rule, but what most car manufactures have found is that those of you in the XL retail camp are a gross minority (say, 15%).

But from a logistical perspective, the XL trim is different from the XLT and Lariat. If Ford only planned 15% capacity for the XL, then only 15% worth of trims will be ordered to match. So, despite the XL being the "easiest," it is still subject to the parts for that trim being available.

As an example, consider the steel wheels. If Ford plans to build 100,000 Mavericks with 15% of them to be XLs, they only order 15,000 sets of steelies. They can't build 15,001 XLs because they don't have the wheels as there is no sense ordering more than you plan to sell. The hope is this third shift is the result of Ford asking suppliers to send more wheels (and etc.).

Last edited:

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford shouldn’t offer to sell something they have no intention on selling, they offer an XL then build an XL, to offer it then later say we’re not building them is a joke, if it doesn’t make money then raise the price, don’t make people wait around for something that they never intended on building
Sponsored