Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
  • Banned
Just received something from Ford I ordered two vehicles one hybrid1 all wheel drive Turbo I got one from Ford showing the picture of the hybrid I got another email that said something about a preview and something about priority 16 anybody have any idea what that is
Sponsored

Dperez13

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
priority code 10-19 are retail orders 10 being the highest priority to get selected for allocation when production for 2023 starts. You want that number to be as low as possible so you have a better chance to be selected by ford from your dealership. I started on my order with a 15 but after a few months it went to 10 and then I get scheduled for build and its a 1 now.

I think you can ask your dealer to lower that number by having the dealer email they're ford rep and ask them to change the priority code lower for your order.. you can probably find that forum around here

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The priority code is just one of several ways Ford treats their potential customers unequally. A priority code of 10 will theoretically get your vehicle scheduled before a priority code of 19.

So, if you as a human being, are deemed to be extra special beyond the average human being, or maybe you bring your dealer chocolates or something to win their favor, you could get a better priority code.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
priority code 10-19 are retail orders 10 being the highest priority to get selected for allocation when production for 2023 starts. You want that number to be as low as possible so you have a better chance to be selected by ford from your dealership. I started on my order with a 15 but after a few months it went to 10 and then I get scheduled for build and its a 1 now.

I think you can ask your dealer to lower that number by having the dealer email they're ford rep and ask them to change the priority code lower for your order.. you can probably find that forum around here
Thanks for your help I really appreciate it hopefully someone can chime in with the email I believe I need to go back to the dealer tomorrow to finalize paperwork and I will inquire then I have a long friend that works there and I was trying to get discount for men with employee discount so I'll find out tomorrow if that's even possible thanks for the info I really appreciate it I feel like a kid on Christmas right now

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
The priority code is just one of several ways Ford treats their potential customers unequally. A priority code of 10 will theoretically get your vehicle scheduled before a priority code of 19.

So, if you as a human being, are deemed to be extra special beyond the average human being, or maybe you bring your dealer chocolates or something to win their favor, you could get a better priority code.
I'll bring them Donuts or something to eat tomorrow haha

Sponsored

Dperez13

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I think even being a priority code 11-14 is a nice start for your order.
Some addons have big constraints so I would ask what those are and make sure you don't have them unless you don't mind a longer wait. I just got my vin for a 2022 and put in a 2023 order today aswell

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another way Ford treats customers placing orders unequally is the allocation process. You as a mere customer aren't privy to whether a dealer is on Ford's list of special favored dealers or Ford's list of dealers being punished. Your dealer may have done nothing at all unethical to be punished. They may have simply committed the unpardonable sin of being a small operation and not a huge volume dealer.

Regardless, Ford can't seem to grasp the concept of several human beings ordering identical trucks with the same colors and options and expecting them to be built and delivered in the same order those orders were originally placed.

No, Ford's thumb is constantly on the scale as if they truly believe some potential customers are more important than other potential customers. They can't seem to understand we are all wanting to do the exact same thing:

Give Ford money.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Both orders ArE very basic with basically zero options the hybrid has a trailer hitch only the all-wheel drive Turbo has 4K that's it

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority codes of anywhere from 10 through 19 are chosen by the dealership. and for all intents and purposes only have relevance as to possible scheduling sequence within that specific dealership. Even then (for example) a priority 10 with multiple constrained options could well be scheduled after a priority 16 with few or none. Or as another example, if hybrid production is in short supply, a hybrid (even with no constraints) assigned level 10 by the dealership might well be scheduled for production AFTER an ecoboost at level 16. Short version: it is not a clear cut, cause and effect situation.

IF (again, IF) you dealer happens to routinely code ALL their Maverick orders at 16, then go with the flow, you're part of a level playing field. Although nothing stopping you from requesting the dealer move your order to number between 10 and 15.

In a nutshell, while priority codes do maintain some relevance, the real action is how many regional and consequently specific dealership allocations Ford assigns each month.

For whatever it's worth, my dealership assigned all Maverick orders, regardless of trim and options, at level 19 and flatly refused to alter that policy so in their case priority code had no particular bearing on any of their customers' builds.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For whatever it's worth, my dealership assigned all Maverick orders, regardless of trim and options, at level 19 and flatly refused to alter that policy so in their case priority code had no particular bearing on any of their customers' builds.
What your dealer did is exactly as it should be. The fact that Ford even provides a way for it to be otherwise is what I find to be morally wrong.
Sponsored