Blinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiesta ST, 1991 Toyota Dyna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shark fin antenna and chrome door handles about it. No envy here.
I like the shark fin antenna but the headlights also look different, the lights seem to be at the top of the housing and not the bottom.
Chrome door handles aren't to my taste either but I'm sure some folks would just love em.
Sponsored

eddo

First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid 502A Escape XLT
Engine
Undecided
Headlights look like the LEDs have been moved to the top, wheel arch body lines look slightly different and the bed has a longer appearance after the rear wheels, again all this could be just the camo fooling my eyes

ZABSMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The grille sure appears to be horizontal bars unlike the Lincoln look most of us disliked.

Still doesn't matter though if HVAC controls are touch-screen operation. Big time deal breaker. I didn't learn my way around a woman's body with the lights on (when I was young and just stupid). And I sure as heck aint finding my way around w/o any physical controls. I like to touch things, feel them, become accustomed to their location and how they work. So I can do it, well, blind-folded.
Did you happen to know that the voice commands from the button on the lower right on the steering wheel allow you to set the interior temperature and otherwise control the HVAC?

Geno52

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Lariat FX4 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like a mild refresh nothing major

Jeffreyd53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang GT, 08 Civic, 24 Lariat (scheduled 1/15
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont have them either. 23 Lariat Lux without it, would love to have it, and not going to worry about spending like $10 on the 3M stick on aftermarket ones from like walmart or online.
No Ford trucks with Blind spot monitor system have spotter mirrors.

Sponsored

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The article says the door handles are "chrome" but I wonder if that is just white camo to keep us from knowing if the handles are going to be body color or not.

Not seeing the little wide-angle portions of the side mirrors, which seems like a downgrade unless they just skipped it on this tester.
I don’t have the wide angle portions on my mirrors either. Is that part of the tow package or perhaps aftermarket?

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don’t have the wide angle portions on my mirrors either. Is that part of the tow package or perhaps aftermarket?
Ha. My one observation has gotten a lot of traction, but it is a minor thing and really all I can make out with any certainty. …Other than maybe the trailer hitch hole is still missing the bumper trim piece many of us are buying from Ford and installing ourselves lol.

Anyway, my 23 XLT Lux has them from the factory. No 4K. With all the little tweaks Ford has made over the few years, there’s no telling what all trim combinations they ended up on.

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you happen to know that the voice commands from the button on the lower right on the steering wheel allow you to set the interior temperature and otherwise control the HVAC?
Thanks for the tip, yes I did. If it was 100% flawless and I could get that while listening to music or a conversation I'd remember and use it. I still don't like the idea of not only looking at a screen to make a change or confirm a current state, but drilling into a menu to do that. I love tech and IT, and I also have experience with human interface design. And this is not a great way to implement cabin climate control. IIRC, Subaru has or had touch screen control.

ZABSMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the tip, yes I did. If it was 100% flawless and I could get that while listening to music or a conversation I'd remember and use it. I still don't like the idea of not only looking at a screen to make a change or confirm a current state, but drilling into a menu to do that. I love tech and IT, and I also have experience with human interface design. And this is not a great way to implement cabin climate control. IIRC, Subaru has or had touch screen control.
You do have a knob for each side of the front seat occupants. Or you can gange the two together. Of course I am refering to a 2023 Lariat with dual climate controls. The knob allows one to feel that they are going up a degree F at a "click". Also, it is nice using the handsfree microphone button to tell the car to change to XM Channel 114 to listen to FoxNews (as an example). Once can also say AM 890 for AM radion or FM 102.5 for FM radio.

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You do have a knob for each side of the front seat occupants. Or you can gange the two together. Of course I am refering to a 2023 Lariat with dual climate controls. The knob allows one to feel that they are going up a degree F at a "click". Also, it is nice using the handsfree microphone button to tell the car to change to XM Channel 114 to listen to FoxNews (as an example). Once can also say AM 890 for AM radion or FM 102.5 for FM radio.
Yep, that's how I do it occasionally in my '22 Lariat. With all these reminders, I'll try and implement more than Siri for issuing voice commands. Thanks.

Sponsored

dfitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0L EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another gallery of the '25 Refresh.

Hey everyone, did not happen to see this posted on here yet. I could be wrong. Looks like this was posted on 5.4.2024 and shows another spy shot of the '25 refresh, but this one has a video of them driving past it near the bottom.

Note: I do not see the side mirror mounted cameras, and are the door handles different?

anywho, here you go...

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_1.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_3.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_4.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_5.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_6.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_7.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_8.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_9.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_10.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_11.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_13.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_15.jpg

2025-ford-maverick-facelift-spied-with-sync-4-infotainment-minor-styling-updates_16.jpg
This was taken about 10 minutes away from me on the Southfield freeway (south of the Ford HQ). I see vehicles like this all the time but haven't seen any Mavericks yet. I'll have to keep my eyes out and maybe can get some additional shots of one.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I came here to read about the '25 Maverick and just read two pages about the passenger mirror on the current Mavericks. :crazy:
OK here we go back to the subject. IMO the camo covering in the photos only hides what's new/different than current.
1 fender opening contour
2 grill angle, concave profile without the family horizontal bars, yeah that's not going to happen, concave probably.
3 tailgate appears to have more spoiler.
4 different headlights, higher spots, see the last 2 spy photos in the first post.

my bet, sport truck without the 2.3L

Ford likes family resemblances across product lines. enter Europe's Ford Ranger MS-RT aka Bugley, due out this year. I'm liking this concave grill but not the one in the Maverick spy shots. This truck with the 3.0L ice would one up the competition.
Ford Maverick Video: 2025 Maverick Refresh Spied Highway Testing bugly1

while I don't think the "LOBO" will be this radically different there are possible styling clues there.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-ranger-ms-rt-sport-pickup-truck-first-look-review/

Last edited:

Ruggybuggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mavrerick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK here we go back to the subject. IMO the camo covering in the photos only hides what's new/different than current.
1 fender opening contour
2 grill angle, concave profile without the family horizontal bars, yeah that's not going to happen, concave probably.
3 tailgate appears to have more spoiler.
4 different headlights, higher spots, see the last 2 spy photos in the first post.

my bet, sport truck without the 2.3L

Ford likes family resemblances across product lines. enter Europe's Ford Ranger MS-RT aka Bugley, due out this year. I'm liking this concave grill but not the one in the Maverick spy shots. This truck with the 3.0L ice would one up the competition.
bugly1.jpg

while I don't think the "LOBO" will be this radically different there are possible styling clues there.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-ranger-ms-rt-sport-pickup-truck-first-look-review/
I'm thinking the grill change to reflect the styling of the F150 and new Ranger is something that is enviable and is likely something will happen. I don't think we will see any big changes in the powertrain and it will just be refresh. Considering the Hybrid powertain is the best selling version I don't think Ford would spend money of developing a 3.0 for the Maverick.
Sponsored