First Name
Fabrizia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023
Engine
Undecided
I own a 2023 lariat maverick, 4400 miles. Yesterday, when I opened the door to get into the truck, an extremely loud noise started from the back speakers. I turned the car on and off and the noise did not stop. I tried to reset the radio but nothing worked. I had to use the AirPods on both ears attempting to muffle the sound but it was still too loud. I drove about 15 miles to my home with a plan to let my dog out then to head to the dealership to drop my car on X-mas day. I left my car ,engine off (and noise still going on) in the garage and went to the house to check on my dog. When I came back, about 15 minutes later, the sound was gone.

How do I describe the sound: continuous radio static combined with continuous horn sound. The sound was as loud as a helicopter flying just above the top of my head. For a minute, I thought my maverick was about to explode.

Anyone with similar experience???
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I own a 2023 lariat maverick, 4400 miles. Yesterday, when I opened the door to get into the truck, an extremely loud noise started from the back speakers. I turned the car on and off and the noise did not stop. I tried to reset the radio but nothing worked. I had to use the AirPods on both ears attempting to muffle the sound but it was still too loud. I drove about 15 miles to my home with a plan to let my dog out then to head to the dealership to drop my car on X-mas day. I left my car ,engine off (and noise still going on) in the garage and went to the house to check on my dog. When I came back, about 15 minutes later, the sound was gone.

How do I describe the sound: continuous radio static combined with continuous horn sound. The sound was as loud as a helicopter flying just above the top of my head. For a minute, I thought my maverick was about to explode.

Anyone with similar experience???
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this speaker concern? Thank you!

OP
OP

Fabrizia

First Name
Fabrizia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023
Engine
Undecided
I called the dealer and was told that unless the noise is still going on there is no point in running a test since they won't find anything. They pretty much told me do not bring your car in.
This is really disappointing. I'm living in fear that the noise will happen at anytime. Very traumatizing.
Sponsored