Maverick Hybrid Brakes not very responsive and not smooth

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue on my Escape Hybrid. The brakes sucked. It's like you have to throttle them sometimes. Not as bad on the Ecoboost Mav, but it's still there a bit. It's whatever system they use and probably the same on the Bronco Sports using this platform too.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t make sense why it only is grabbing when wet at low speeds. Crappy rotors?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the TSB done recently and it made a big difference.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Even in wet conditions?
I haven't really had a good chance to test it in the wet yet, but there was no difference before in how the brakes behaved. Just less traction in the wet.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know about the tsb but my question is it still grabby in the rain.
Yea no idea. Seems you either get one that suffers the grabby symptoms or you don't and there are reports of dealers fixing them and still having the same symptoms down the road.

Honestly, it seems to me like it's an issue with the electronics/sensors possibly even the "engine brake" system that is used. It's all total overkill. I disabled the "maintain speed downhill" function because I could feel the engine braking (this was an Escape btw) but it still exists and is programmed to kick on in certain moments - and my guess is at very low speeds is one of them, like when coasting to a stop. Pair that with the sensors for adaptive/auto braking and it almost all seems like there is a miscommunication somewhere and that it's less of an issue with the brakes themselves, or the hydraulic system.

It's speculation, and I'm sure a stretch, but this is the first set of vehicles I've ever notice this mess on and it's the first set of vehicles that all use the same platform and have the same issues.

I have not experienced it in the Maverick yet, but I do plan on replacing the brake pads when I install my level and rear bump stops. Also changing the PTU and rear dif fluid at the same time. Considering the braking issues, I may even do a brake bleed and refill through all wheels. That's really just me in need of a hobby though.
Sponsored