First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did TSB-23-2209 resolve the rattle/clank issue for y’all?

I’m at 16k miles in my ‘23 hybrid and recently experienced the same problem when the ICE shuts off.
I am the Original Poster (OP). Yes, the TSB Software Update appears to have fixed the rattle!!

However, I am now having issues with the crash alert coming on when there is no traffic near me, for far at 30mph and at 45+ mph. A tone alert comes on, a red flashing warning, and brakes are applied by the computer, which is scary since you are not expecting it. I had it at the dealer and they said that although they can see the warnings in the history, since there is not a "fault" and they can't duplicate it they will not replace modules/sensors.

The same is true for my smart cruise control - it disengages randomly when there are clear skies, and a clean windshield, and won't let me set the cruise control until I turn the truck off and back on. Same thing, they can't duplicate it and have no codes, so they won't replace parts. The first time I brought to the dealership for this issue they realigned the windshield and recalibrated the module/rearview camera. two days after I picked it up from the dealer, the same cruise control issue. I called the dealer WHILE I was having the glitch and said I could be there in 8 minutes and they told me not to come over. Really stupid because then they told me that If they can't make it happen and see it for themselves, Ford will not authorize replacing any parts. SO, the next time will be the third time for both crash detection engaging out of the blue, and the cruise control randomly dying. My guess is Lemon Law. I mean what if I am doing 65 mph and the crash detection thinks there is something and slams on my brakes and takes evasive steering action?

I did have BOTH front axles replaced under warranty last month too.

I waited for this truck for 395 days from order to delivery.
I have had the truck at the dealer for a total of 94 days across 4 different drop-offs.
This means that as of 01/29/24, it has been in the shop, undrivable by me, for 10% of the time I have owned it.
I hate to think of the hassle of dropping off and picking up 8 times, the time wasted in transportation, dealer calls, and forum research. Not even going to mention anything about the STRESS it causes.

Very quickly I am losing confidence in the long-term survivability of this truck.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My motto is if your not confident in the vehicle (any vehicle) get rid of it.

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My motto is if your not confident in the vehicle (any vehicle) get rid of it.
I have been looking at a replacement vehicle. I want at least 40mpg, non-plugin hybrid - and I am a large guy, so I want to fit in whatever it may end up being. Sadly, I do not see ownership of my Maverick past 26K miles.
Sponsored