First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm fine with utes, but no one will know what you're talking about. Even die-hard traditionalist truck gate-keepers don't seem to mind just calling it a "pickup" as long as you omit the protected "Truck" moniker.
This could be fun:

OIP.jpg
The only vehicle to ever score negative ā­s on a crash test rating.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think that's still up for debate. šŸ¤£ Can we all agree against "trucklette," though?
After I told my husband that people were insulting the Maverick by calling it a trucklette, its become a term of endearment in our house. We live in the land of huge trucks, so it really is tiny compared to all the huge trucks in our area (and that's the appeal of it to me). We've affectionately named my (still-nonexistant) Maverick "Trucklette".
But I understand it started as an insult and I get people not liking the word because of that.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't care what people call it or what brodozer owners think. My ego's not so easily bruised and I'm sufficiently secure in my masculinity. I don't mind trucklette. I've even called it a baby truck to other people.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@mamboman777, Ute will still have a cute trucklette no matter what Ute call itā€¦.. hahaha!!!!

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve been calling mine a Ute since I ordered it, and I still donā€™t understand why they didnā€™t call it a Ranchero because thatā€™s what it is, Maverick was a car.
exactly. I've been saying that from the beginning of rumors of a "Maverick" small pickup. They must have some internal reasons for it that aren't obvious to the rest of us.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Ute Lite... maybe Micro-ute... Or Micrute to save time. Trucklette is perfect for the American market tbh.

Also they chose Maverick because it tracked well with their target demographic, which has never heard of a Ford Maverick or Ranchero.

Dturano547

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 10 Ford Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How many 80k plus superbooty trucks are on jobsites doing non jobsite stuff every day!? many are to lifted, useless wheels and tires, oversized...Since 2k current full size trucks went from normal midsize to bordering on RVs. Look at an f150 15 years ago.... I don't care if my Maverick is called a truck let ute car.... I'll just call it my Maverick..... Instead of my truck, ute, car, mini truck, trucklet..... I'll say... what, my Maverick? Don't sweat what people call it, they can call it whatever they want... I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO CALL ONE MINE!!

Sponsored

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a dude wearing a dress can call himself a women, and half of this nut bag world goes along with it...Then I will call my Maverick a Pickup truck, and be damned what anyone thinks.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve been calling mine a Ute since I ordered it, and I still donā€™t understand why they didnā€™t call it a Ranchero because thatā€™s what it is, Maverick was a car.
I've been thinking the same thing since it was released. They had a very similar nameplate from the same era, of a vehicle that had a car front end with a bed in the back - the Ranchero - that they could have used. The Maverick was the name of a mostly forgotten car that wasn't all that special.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I'm a little sick if hearing the "it's not a truck" "it is a truck" "it's a trucklette" argument.

In Australia they have a category of automobile called "ute," which is short for utility. It's essentially a vehicle with a car frame and a bed. (Sounds like a Maverick to me)

It's this what we should be calling the Mav? Do the Aussies have it right? (I like ute a whole lot better than trucklette)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_(vehicle)
Yes, no doubt!

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a little sick if hearing the "it's not a truck" "it is a truck" "it's a trucklette" argument.

In Australia they have a category of automobile called "ute," which is short for utility. It's essentially a vehicle with a car frame and a bed. (Sounds like a Maverick to me)

It's this what we should be calling the Mav? Do the Aussies have it right? (I like ute a whole lot better than trucklette)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_(vehicle)
Looks like the Aussies themselves call it an ute.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs