First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So they are retooling the factory to make the Maverick's transmission because it's exactly the same as the one they were already making? 🤔
I think zeketolliver was agreeing with you.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 200 were likely made for the Hermosillo tooling try out build (TT) which are likely the trucks that are not to be driven. About 2 to 3 weeks before the line starts in Hermosillo, Sterling will start cranking them out.
I'm guessing some were installed in all those test mules caught roaming around the country? Early units would have been hand built instead of waitng for production line to be up and running error free. Unless they slapped existing Escape CVT in those mules as they are supposed to share same case, etc.?

Sponsored

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Aren’t they using the same transmission as the one found in the escape hybrid? I assume if this one is ramping up that facility could still be up and running.
Theyre making this one in house if i was told correctly the previous versions were 3rd party manufactured

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theyre making this one in house if i was told correctly the previous versions were 3rd party manufactured
They are for sure making the electric motor in house (https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/). The new motor, while integral to the transmission is ultimately still a separate design project and assembly altogether. However it seems from what most people are saying in this thread that the eCVT is also updated specially for the Maverick, which makes sense because the escape hybrid has a towing cap of 1500lbs to the Maverick’s base 2000.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are for sure making the electric motor in house (https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/). The new motor, while integral to the transmission is ultimately still a separate design project and assembly altogether. However it seems from what most people are saying in this thread that the eCVT is also updated specially for the Maverick, which makes sense because the escape hybrid has a towing cap of 1500lbs to the Maverick’s base 2000.
The increase in towing capacity probably relates more to the longer wheelbase.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Its a quote from a batman movie.
I get it now. I was confused too. But now knowing the context, the post makes sense. THANKS for clearing that up.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
My girl works at the Ford transmission plant which is producing the Maverick's eCVT transmission...after a 4 week shut down to retrofit the line to make hybrid transmissions, back to work yesterday, 7/26.... zippo eCVT transmissions made so far....so one thing I DO KNOW....hybrids are not first in line...

** UPDATE.....transmission line down and employees sent home (9:30am) ZERO built today. She DID tell me they built 200 CVT transmissions BEFORE the line was retrofitted (4 wks ago)...they were built before the machines were put on the line for manufacturing quantities.
Bobinmi, any news yet today about Ford Transmissions? Just curious if they sent her home again today or are they making trannies.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bobinmi, any news yet today about Ford Transmissions? Just curious if they sent her home again today or are they making trannies.
Thanks in advance.
Have made NO Maverick CVT transmissions yet this week....They are having difficulty getting stators from another area of the plant. The stator area is working 24/7 but are experiencing issues.

110 Maverick CVT transmissions are SCHEDULED to be built tomorrow. (stators are done)

Last edited:

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have made NO Maverick CVT transmissions yet this week....They are having difficulty getting stators from another area of the plant. The stator area is working 24/7 but are experiencing issues.

110 Maverick CVT transmissions are SCHEDULED to be built tomorrow. (stators are done)

So, what are stators? Please, pardon my ignorance.