DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I did, just hoping to get a unit this year. Lol
Yes that makes two of us. I honestly think in the grand scheme of things I'll be much more happy with the 2.0EB.

Reactions: JJC

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually...I had another thought about this, this morning. Do you think the EPA's GHG rules benefit Ford for having a standard with such a high EPA rating, but actually, the profit margin is much less for such a vehicle?
I think there is little doubt that they are making more money off anyone going to the 2.0EB because generally folks will add the FX2 or AWD and most of those bring Ford more money.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there is little doubt that they are making more money off anyone going to the 2.0EB because generally folks will add the FX2 or AWD and most of those bring Ford more money.
I had come across this article about a month ago and believes that it confirms your thoughts.

Ford Maverick Pickup Had to Be a Hybrid (roadandtrack.com)
So, what if, because it doesn't make as much money, Ford is producing hybrid Mavericks not based on market demand, but just enough hybrids to make this equation make sense for the EPA?

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which would also explain why all current hybrids are going to pre orders.

In other words, this is how many hybrids are getting made, regardless of demand.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Ecoboost and AWD are 100% subsidizing the hybrid, especially at the lower end.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, what if, because it doesn't make as much money, Ford is producing hybrid Mavericks not based on market demand, but just enough hybrids to make this equation make sense for the EPA?
Wow, great article.

This type of formula bias happens in home construction too. Ever wonder why these super energy efficient homes are McMansions? It's not just because only Richey Rich can afford to build them. The formulas for energy efficiency -- especially the Passiv House standard but the EPA's standard isn't innocent -- makes it near impossible to build smaller homes. To make the efficiency #s work out, they must build with very large square footages. It's ridiculous because we all know bigger volumes of space almost always take more energy to heat/cool. They build it so the energy per square foot is low; but the total energy consumption is relatively high. Pfft. 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like same kind of formula bias is happening with trucks. Shameful.

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting comments, but I'm not sure the analogy holds up. In the case of the Maverick, Ford has a truck that does get better absolute mileage than any truck out there. And it would also seem, based on this forum, that there's a market for it.
So it doesn't seem to me that in this case, government regulations are leading to counterproductive behavior.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bobinmi,

Any updated intel on the eCVT production? Tell us that your girl is working overtime getting these built! ;)

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bobinmi has said he can't say anything more about it in THIS POST.

Michaels

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At that rate my Hybrid Rapid Red Lariat will be out of warranty before I get it !!!😭😭😭😭😭
I feel your pain. It might be a while but I think by the time they get to my Rapid Red Hybrid they will have any bugs worked out. I'm hoping that means a higher quality product.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid