Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated July 30, 2021:

They built 100 yesterday and 20 today (CVT transmissions). They will be shipped to the assembly plant soon.

My girl works at the Ford transmission plant which is producing the Maverick's eCVT transmission...after a 4 week shut down to retrofit the line to make hybrid transmissions, back to work yesterday, 7/26.... zippo eCVT transmissions made so far....so one thing I DO KNOW....hybrids are not first in line...

** UPDATE.....transmission line down and employees sent home (9:30am) ZERO built today. She DID tell me they built 200 CVT transmissions BEFORE the line was retrofitted (4 wks ago)...they were built before the machines were put on the line for manufacturing quantities.
Sponsored

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Ramirez: You expecting him to show?
Gordon: He often doesn't.
Ramirez: Why wouldn't he show?
Gordon: Hopefully... [sips his coffee] ...because he's busy.
Ramirez: Then why do you light it?
Gordon: I just like to remind people he's out there.

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My girl works at the ford transmission plant which is producing the CVT transmission...after a 4 week shut down to retrofit the line to make hybrid transmissions, back to work yesterday, 7/26....ZIPPO cvt transmissions made so far....so one thing I DO KNOW....hybrids are not first in line...
Aren’t they using the same transmission as the one found in the escape hybrid? I assume if this one is ramping up that facility could still be up and running.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
ok, cup half full here - may just be 'just in time' logistics. A month is a long time to make units and get them to the assembly plant. These eCVTs are very simple things (comparably speaking) with minimal parts. I am still hopeful that each and every one of us gets our truck built first!

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aren’t they using the same transmission as the one found in the escape hybrid? I assume if this one is ramping up that facility could still be up and running.
I would suspect NOT....as they just retrofitted my girls transmission assembly line over the past 4 weeks to make maverick CVT transmissions.....?

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok, cup half full here - may just be 'just in time' logistics. A month is a long time to make units and get them to the assembly plant. These eCVTs are very simple things (comparably speaking) with minimal parts. I am still hopeful that each and every one of us gets our truck built first!
I DO agree with JIT building.....I suspect they will be building maverick hybrids shortly after the transmissions are made.

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
** UPDATE.....transmission line down and employees sent home (9:30) ZERO built today. She DID tell me they built 200 CVT transmissions BEFORE the line was retrofitted (4 wks ago)...they were built before the machines were put on the line for manufacturing quantities.

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Not exactly. Very similar, but has some updated parts. Specifically the electric motor is a new design, and built in house by Ford.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not exactly. Very similar, but has some updated parts. Specifically the electric motor is a new design, and built in house by Ford.
Exactly, actually. :)

Assuming what we're being told is true.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Exactly, actually. :)

Assuming what we're being told is true.
So they are retooling the factory to make the Maverick's transmission because it's exactly the same as the one they were already making? 🤔

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My girl just said her line PRODUCES the Hybrid Escape transmission......AND now the hybrid Maverick transmission....they are DIFFERENT transmissions...built on the same transmission line....so they are in fact, DIFFERENT transmissions.
Sponsored